Posted to alt.home.repair
J. Clarke

Default Steep hillside covered with poision ivy:(

rosebud wrote:

Oren wrote:
I think some are not affected as
much or maybe not at all.

Poison ivy doesn't have any effect on me. When I had to get rid of a
bunch of it that had grown up into trees, I first cut the vines close to
ground level. I applied poison ivy killer (some special stuff for woody
plants) to the part that was growing into the ground. Over several
months I watched for new growth coming from the ground and reapplied the
ivy killer. Within one season it was all dead. I pulled the dead vines
out of the trees the best I could. I was able to do this with no special
clothing or gloves...very lucky I guess.

A word of caution--it's a "sensitizer"--some people can go years and years
of handling it regularly with no effect and one day they just brush against
it and land in the hospital. Wear protection when you can to reduce the
chance of becoming sensitized.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate