Posted to alt.home.repair
rosebud

Default Steep hillside covered with poision ivy:(

wrote:
Oren wrote:
On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 22:42:44 GMT, "rb608"
wrote:

As for a non-chemical idea, allow me to suggest that you simply pay someone
else to do pull it out & dispose of it. You can expect to pay well for
that; but admit it, it would be worth it when compared to another round of
Prednizone. Some folks are less allergic to the stuff, & if you can find
one to do the dirty work, I'd pay 'em.

Joe

Hiring a backhoe/front-end loader for a little while will get it out.
Same company ought to have a dump truck.

Personally, I would like to have it scooped out as deep as the roots
grow. Around shaded trees, ivy likes - backhoe with caution and pull
it away and pull it away to not damage tree roots.

Oren
They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction.
Janet Reno, Attorney General, Friday, February 27, 1998

Hill has big maple tree, futher complicating matters. Its best to use
mineral spirits or gasoline for clean up as it removes the oil fast.
DONT USE SCRUBBING ACTION OR HOT WATER, hot water opens the skin poors
so more oil does damage, scrubbing does the same thing.

Now where to find someone who isnt allergic to it.

I REALLY dont want to decimate the area since there are bulbs and
plants my mom planted about 11 years ago right before she died.

if anyone is reading this around the n hills of pittsburgh and wants a
ongoing project e mail me
I can NEVER take prednisone
again!

Would it be practical at all to transplant the things you want to
temporary locations for a year while you hire someone to take care of
this? Obviously this doesn't include the maple tree.