Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc
Roy L. Fuchs

Default How to stop Piracy?

On Sat, 20 May 2006 21:20:16 -0400, Keith Gave us:

You lips are certainly loose. That's what happens with practice.

More retarded baby bull**** spewed from the mouth of the retarded
bull**** baby... KRW.
Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc
Roy L. Fuchs

On Sat, 20 May 2006 21:21:55 -0400, Keith Gave us:

On Thu, 18 May 2006 07:08:57 +0000, Roy L. Fuchs wrote:

On Wed, 17 May 2006 22:32:30 -0400, Keith Gave us:

You wouldn't be braging if you knew jack. Those who brag have nothing to
brag about, Dimbulb.

It was not bragging, you retarded ****.

Yeah, it's nice that you still think so much of yourself, Dark Matter (AKA
Dimbulb).

I'd knock your dick in the dirt any day, ****tard.
Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc
John Fields

On Sat, 20 May 2006 19:27:46 GMT, Roy L. Fuchs
wrote:

On Wed, 17 May 2006 18:03:42 -0500, John Fields
Gave us:

On Wed, 17 May 2006 06:19:59 GMT, Roy L. Fuchs
wrote:

The NSA just got done approving our IP encryptors, among other
products. We are the glue that holds the communications realm of this
great nations defenses together.

---
Loose lips sink ships, and now the whole world knows that you may
know where the scuttle valve lies.

Sometimes, if there's no need to know, you say it best when you say
nothing at all...

I didn't tell anybody anything, therefore nobody knows anything.

Me mentioning that I perform under a DOD contract is NOT going to
cause any alarms to sound anywhere, much less sink any ships.

Therefore my lip are not loose, and no ships or any other assets are
going to be compromised.

---
While you're free, of course, to do or say anything you want to,
it's generally wisest when dealing with sensitive issues like NSA
approvals to not offer any information _at all_ unless there's a
need to know. Certainly none of us here needed to know anything
about your relationship with the NSA, but now the entire world (or
anyone who reads Usenet) does. That information could be used to
put you in a compromising position to, perhaps, all of our
detriment.

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer
Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc
Keith

On Sun, 21 May 2006 05:57:43 +0000, Roy L. Fuchs wrote:

On Sat, 20 May 2006 21:20:16 -0400, Keith Gave us:

You lips are certainly loose. That's what happens with practice.

More retarded baby bull**** spewed from the mouth of the retarded
bull**** baby... KRW.

Not bad, DimBulb. It only took you three posts to say nothing about four
sentences.

--
Keith

Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc
Keith

On Sun, 21 May 2006 05:58:28 +0000, Roy L. Fuchs wrote:

On Sat, 20 May 2006 21:21:55 -0400, Keith Gave us:

On Thu, 18 May 2006 07:08:57 +0000, Roy L. Fuchs wrote:

On Wed, 17 May 2006 22:32:30 -0400, Keith Gave us:

You wouldn't be braging if you knew jack. Those who brag have nothing to
brag about, Dimbulb.

It was not bragging, you retarded ****.

Yeah, it's nice that you still think so much of yourself, Dark Matter (AKA
Dimbulb).

I'd knock your dick in the dirt any day, ****tard.

....and you'd squeal like a pig, BrownMatter.

--
Keith

Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc
Roy L. Fuchs

On Sun, 21 May 2006 09:44:57 -0500, John Fields
Gave us:

wrote:

[...]

Since none of you "know" who I am, your remarks are lacking a real
basis for worry.

Nothing was said, so even "need to know" has not been compromised.
Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc
John Fields

On Sun, 21 May 2006 19:34:30 GMT, Roy L. Fuchs
wrote:

Since none of you "know" who I am, your remarks are lacking a real
basis for worry.

---
Are you saying that you're unfindable?
---

Nothing was said, so even "need to know" has not been compromised.

---
You don't understand. Here's an excerpt from the post in question:

"The NSA just got done approving our IP encryptors, among other
products. We are the glue that holds the communications realm of
this great nations defenses together."

Now, let's assume I'm a bad guy and I want to do whatever I can to
try to bring this country down, OK?

Your post has just given me a target and a point of contact, where
had you posted nothing, or something innocuous, I'd have neither.

Like when I was in the USAF I used to work on the AN
something-or-other RADAR, and we were told that if we got into
conversations with people and they asked us what we did, a good
answer would be to tell them we were cooks, in order to side-step
the whole issue.

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer
Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc
Keith

wrote:

[...]

Exactly. BrownMatter is a cook. *Maybe* he fetched coffee for the
PHBs.

--
Keith

Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc
Ken Smith

In article ,
John Fields wrote:
[...]
conversations with people and they asked us what we did, a good
answer would be to tell them we were cooks, in order to side-step
the whole issue.

That only works if you know enough about cooking.

Way back when, the answer to how fast a ship was was always 23 Knots.

forging knowledge

Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc
Roy L. Fuchs

wrote:

Since none of you "know" who I am, your remarks are lacking a real
basis for worry.

---
Are you saying that you're unfindable?

By well over 99.9% of the readers here... yes.
---

Nothing was said, so even "need to know" has not been compromised.

---
You don't understand.

Sure I do.

Here's an excerpt from the post in question:

"The NSA just got done approving our IP encryptors, among other
products. We are the glue that holds the communications realm of
this great nations defenses together."

Now, let's assume I'm a bad guy and I want to do whatever I can to
try to bring this country down, OK?

OK.

Your post has just given me a target and a point of contact,

Not at all.

where
had you posted nothing, or something innocuous, I'd have neither.

You still have neither, bad guy. :-]

Like when I was in the USAF I used to work on the AN
something-or-other RADAR, and we were told that if we got into
conversations with people and they asked us what we did, a good
answer would be to tell them we were cooks, in order to side-step
the whole issue.

I'm a kook, therefore I have sidestepped the whole issue. ;-]

Happy now?

Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc
Don Klipstein

wrote:

Since none of you "know" who I am, your remarks are lacking a real
basis for worry.

---
Are you saying that you're unfindable?

By well over 99.9% of the readers here... yes.

If I needed to be unfindable, I would need to be unfindable even to the
top fraction of .1% of whever could be reading here! Including foreign
espionage agencies providing free hookers to employees of your ISP and
employees who have any involvement with your payments to your ISP for
example... And if you own your ISP, then either you or someone fronting
for you is traceable! Are you sure that none of your front office
staffers are fallable for 34-24-34 toned women in close-fitting sleeveless
strapless black or red or white dresses or in catsuits of whatever color
or pattern or for well-toned men in swimwear or catsuits or whatever
athletic wear or dress clothing or for someone with a case of beer or
someone with a 600V 15A MOSFET or IGBT with 200 pF or less input
capacitance or 40 nanosecond or less fall time or a 3-watt LED that
produces 300 lumens?

- Don Klipstein )
Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc
John Fields

wrote:

Since none of you "know" who I am, your remarks are lacking a real
basis for worry.

---
Are you saying that you're unfindable?

By well over 99.9% of the readers here... yes.

---
That's _not_ unfindable.
---

I'm a kook, therefore I have sidestepped the whole issue. ;-]

Happy now?

---
Sure, as long as you understand that while it may not be illegal to
boast about having access to sensitive material, it's unwise.

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer
Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc
Ken Smith

In article ,
Roy L. Fuchs wrote:
[...]
and there are no records breeches at any ISPs right now.

If there were how would you know?

I think some smart people may be able to find a hint or two in the
headers. Also you have made many posts. I wouldn't ever want to bet that
someone who made it their job to do so couldn't find me.

Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 05:41:17 GMT

forging knowledge

Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc
Roy L. Fuchs

On Mon, 22 May 2006 09:10:16 -0500, John Fields
Gave us:

Sure, as long as you understand that while it may not be illegal to
boast about having access to sensitive material, it's unwise.

I wasn't boasting. What *I* work on is controlled, not "sensitive".
SOME of the other products the company sells *are* secured items.

IP encryption has been around a long time.

We do it in hardware. You or anyone else won't be hacking that any
time in the next half century... or longer.

Just look how many decades red and blue encryption has worked, and
it still has yet to be compromised.

Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc
Ken Smith

In article ,
Roy L. Fuchs wrote:
[....]
How many here over the years has attempted to get my real name?

Any successes? No.

You mean none that you know of. If someone used illegal means to find the
information, they may not be inclined to show that they have gained the
information.

Often the need to protect sources and methods overrides other
considerations. In WW2 the brits knew that Coventry was going to be
bombed but took no action for this reason.

I rest my case. I'd also be willing to bet that ThompsonTard used
illicit means (as in bad cop) to get info too. I wouldn't put it past
the ****er at all.

So, you admit that someone can get the information illegally. The enemy
isn't worried about breaking the law. They are only worried about getting
caught before they complete their mission.

forging knowledge

Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc
Ken Smith

In article ,
Roy L. Fuchs wrote:
On Mon, 22 May 2006 14:18:10 +0000 (UTC),
(Ken Smith) Gave us:

In article ,
Roy L. Fuchs wrote:
[...]
and there are no records breeches at any ISPs right now.

If there were how would you know?

I think some smart people may be able to find a hint or two in the
headers.

I doubt it. The headers show the News service provider that my ISP
leases access from. It shows no connection with me at all.

So the headers do get the enemy one step closer to you, but you claim "no
connection" I'm sure that the list of those who lease from the News
service provider exists somewhere in their accounting department. That
would be the next step.

Also you have made many posts. I wouldn't ever want to bet that
someone who made it their job to do so couldn't find me.

If they were government employees, they MIGHT be able to root it
out... If he had a warrant to do so. Any dip**** joe out there,
however, will play hell doing so.

We aren't talking about "any dip**** joe" we are talking of a well funded
enemy with many connections.

(Mon, 22 May 2006 01:41:17 EDT)
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 05:41:17 GMT

Yep... No giveaway info there.

Try again.

forging knowledge

Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc
Ken Smith

In article y8xcg.7091$KB.6402@fed1read08,
Richard Henry wrote:
[...]
It seems you are assuming that none of the employees of your ISP or their
service providers is a criminal.

.... and can't be tricked by someone and that a black bag job can't be done
and that their computers are truely secure and that the accounting firm
they use doesn't have any of the same risks and etc and etc

forging knowledge

Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc
John Fields

On Tue, 23 May 2006 03:13:57 GMT, Roy L. Fuchs
wrote:

On Mon, 22 May 2006 09:10:16 -0500, John Fields
Gave us:

Sure, as long as you understand that while it may not be illegal to
boast about having access to sensitive material, it's unwise.

I wasn't boasting. What *I* work on is controlled, not "sensitive".
SOME of the other products the company sells *are* secured items.

---
Ahhh!!! Even _more_ information!
---

IP encryption has been around a long time.

We do it in hardware. You or anyone else won't be hacking that any
time in the next half century... or longer.

Just look how many decades red and blue encryption has worked, and
it still has yet to be compromised.

---
The discussion isn't about whether hardware-based encryption can be
compromised or not, it's whether individuals can. As far as finding
those individuals, once the determination has been made that they
have information which is important, I suspect finding them would be
semi-trivial for someone knowledgeable in such matters.

Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 05:41:17 GMT

Yep... No giveaway info there.

Try again.

forging knowledge

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=!NET-69-232-64-0-1&server=whois.arin.net&email=on

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=!PIA2-ORG-ARIN&server=whois.arin.net&type=P&email=on

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc
Roy L. Fuchs

On Sat, 27 May 2006 07:21:19 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"
Gave us:

Ken Smith wrote:

In article ,
Roy L. Fuchs wrote:
On Mon, 22 May 2006 14:18:10 +0000 (UTC),
(Ken Smith) Gave us:

In article ,
[...]

Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 05:41:17 GMT

Yep... No giveaway info there.

Try again.

forging knowledge

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=!NET-69-232-64-0-1&server=whois.arin.net&email=on

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=!PIA2-ORG-ARIN&server=whois.arin.net&type=P&email=on

Better get your gyros calibrated. You are several hundred miles
off.
Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc
Al

In article ,
Roy L. Fuchs wrote:

big big snip

You want to stop piracy? Then make it cheaper to buy the product than to
copy it. I haven't seen too many people build their own automobiles,
TVs, washing machines, etc. Of course, the rouge companies can do it, so
go after them!

Al

Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc
Spehro Pefhany

On Mon, 29 May 2006 12:34:26 GMT, the renowned Al
wrote:

In article ,
Roy L. Fuchs wrote:

big big snip

You want to stop piracy? Then make it cheaper to buy the product than to
copy it. I haven't seen too many people build their own automobiles,
TVs, washing machines, etc. Of course, the rouge companies can do it, so
go after them!

Al

Are copied or counterfeit cosmetics much of a problem?

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc
John Fields

On Mon, 29 May 2006 12:34:26 GMT, Al wrote:

In article ,
Roy L. Fuchs wrote:

big big snip

You want to stop piracy? Then make it cheaper to buy the product than to
copy it. I haven't seen too many people build their own automobiles,
TVs, washing machines, etc. Of course, the rouge companies can do it, so
go after them!

---
I can see it now: The Revlon Rambler...

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer
Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc
Rich Grise

On Mon, 29 May 2006 12:34:26 +0000, Al wrote:

In article ,
Roy L. Fuchs wrote:

big big snip

You want to stop piracy? Then make it cheaper to buy the product than to
copy it. I haven't seen too many people build their own automobiles,
TVs, washing machines, etc. Of course, the rouge companies can do it, so
go after them!

You make your own rouge? I just give my cheeks a little pinch - they pink
right up! ;-D

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc
Rich Grise

Roy L. Fuchs wrote:

big big snip

You want to stop piracy? Then make it cheaper to buy the product than to
copy it. I haven't seen too many people build their own automobiles,
TVs, washing machines, etc. Of course, the rouge companies can do it, so
go after them!

---
I can see it now: The Revlon Rambler...

Almost as big a problem as Molex watches...

Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc
Roy L. Fuchs

On Mon, 29 May 2006 15:51:12 GMT, Rich Grise
Gave us:

Roy L. Fuchs wrote:

big big snip

You want to stop piracy? Then make it cheaper to buy the product than to
copy it. I haven't seen too many people build their own automobiles,
TVs, washing machines, etc. Of course, the rouge companies can do it, so
go after them!

---
I can see it now: The Revlon Rambler...

Almost as big a problem as Molex watches...

They plug right into your wrist!

LG DVC6500 behaves like 'stop' button pressed with DVD HandyMan Electronics Repair 3 October 1st 05 07:29 PM
How to stop sway of a tall cabinet? orangetrader Home Repair 10 December 13th 04 04:30 PM
Stop cock leaking Rich UK diy 7 September 29th 03 01:45 PM
Low water pressure and stop tap? Simom UK diy 1 July 24th 03 06:19 PM
Slow leak on compression joint - can't access stop cock The Natural Philosopher UK diy 4 July 10th 03 02:34 PM