Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc
John Fields

Default How to stop Piracy?

On Tue, 23 May 2006 03:13:57 GMT, Roy L. Fuchs
wrote:

On Mon, 22 May 2006 09:10:16 -0500, John Fields
Gave us:

Sure, as long as you understand that while it may not be illegal to
boast about having access to sensitive material, it's unwise.

I wasn't boasting. What *I* work on is controlled, not "sensitive".
SOME of the other products the company sells *are* secured items.

---
Ahhh!!! Even _more_ information!
---

IP encryption has been around a long time.

We do it in hardware. You or anyone else won't be hacking that any
time in the next half century... or longer.

Just look how many decades red and blue encryption has worked, and
it still has yet to be compromised.

---
The discussion isn't about whether hardware-based encryption can be
compromised or not, it's whether individuals can. As far as finding
those individuals, once the determination has been made that they
have information which is important, I suspect finding them would be
semi-trivial for someone knowledgeable in such matters.

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer