Old May 20th 21, 03:12 AM posted to comp.sys.handhelds,comp.sys.hp48,sci.electronics.repair

Default Source for 784 MHz crystals?

Does anyone know of a source for 784 MHz crystals?
I'd like to try to 'accurize' the timer in the HP-45 calculator.

-John

Old May 20th 21, 04:12 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

John Crane wrote:
---------------------------
Does anyone know of a source for 784 MHz crystals?

** You mean kHz.

I'd like to try to 'accurize' the timer in the HP-45 calculator.

** You need a broken HP-55 to scavenge one from.

...... Phil
Old May 20th 21, 12:11 PM posted to comp.sys.handhelds,comp.sys.hp48,sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 19 May 2021 21:12:30 -0500, John Crane
wrote:

Does anyone know of a source for 784 MHz crystals?
I'd like to try to 'accurize' the timer in the HP-45 calculator.

I doubt any go that high.

-John

Old May 20th 21, 04:42 PM posted to comp.sys.handhelds,comp.sys.hp48,sci.electronics.repair

On 5/19/21 9:12 PM, John Crane wrote:
Does anyone know of a source for 784 MHz crystals?
I'd like to try to 'accurize' the timer in the HP-45 calculator.

-John

Make that kHz.

Old May 20th 21, 04:44 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 5/19/21 10:12 PM, Phil Allison wrote:
John Crane wrote:
---------------------------
Does anyone know of a source for 784 MHz crystals?

** You mean kHz.

I'd like to try to 'accurize' the timer in the HP-45 calculator.

** You need a broken HP-55 to scavenge one from.

..... Phil

Yes, that's possible. I have a HP-55 and it works, so I don't want to
cannibalize it. I'm sure there has to be some company that can custom
manufacture crystals to specs. I did try Bomar, but have not received a
reply.

-J
Old May 20th 21, 10:59 PM posted to comp.sys.handhelds,comp.sys.hp48,sci.electronics.repair

In article ews.com,
John Crane wrote:
On 5/19/21 9:12 PM, John Crane wrote:
Does anyone know of a source for 784 MHz crystals?
I'd like to try to 'accurize' the timer in the HP-45 calculator.

Make that kHz.

You probably found this link already:

https://davidreaton.com/hp-calculators/hp-45/

I got to that link from the opposite direction, in that I used to modify
video game systems and we'd use custom oscillators in place of crystals in
order to mess with the region or the video output timing. So the timing
circuit that Mr. Reaton uses in place of a 784 kHz crystal works on the
same valid principle.

-KKC, wandering around the abandoned world of Usenet like the Omega Man.
--
-- "People with happy families don't become spies. A bad | kendrick
childhood is the perfect background for covert ops. You | @
Old May 21st 21, 02:19 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

John Crane wrote:
==================
Phil Allison wrote:
John Crane wrote:
---------------------------
Does anyone know of a source for 784 MHz crystals?

** You mean kHz.

I'd like to try to 'accurize' the timer in the HP-45 calculator.

** You need a broken HP-55 to scavenge one from.

Yes, that's possible. I have a HP-55 and it works, so I don't want to
cannibalize it. I'm sure there has to be some company that can custom
manufacture crystals to specs. I did try Bomar, but have not received a
reply.

** If you have done any Googling on this at all, you know that there is no such company.

Stop being such a naive PITA.

...... Phil