Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Source for 784 MHz crystals?

Some ****wit wrote:
=======================
Rob wrote:
There is no need to be that offensive, Phil.

This is usenet, threads have a tree structure where people reply to
replies and not direct to the original posting.

** WRONG !!

One can reply to the OP over and over, ignoring all others.

** FYI I have posting on usenet for over 20 years - so I damn
well know the rules.

If that is the case,

** The case is that YOU don't.

My comment was to *one* person, hoping he would reply in order to
explain himself.

You cannot post to "*one* person" on Usenet.

** Yes you can, by directing a question or thought to them.
It's then up to them to reply.
Others have no ****ing idea what the OP is needing or thinking and ought not attempt to reply for them.

To send something to "just one person" you have to use email.

** True, but irrelevant.

How can you have been posting to Usenet for 20 years and not have
learned this fact?

** Cos is it simply not a fact.
Questioning and drawing out an OP is essential to providing useful answers to them.

FYI:

Only *complete fools* treat OP's questions as if they had appeared on some exam paper.

Only *complete ****wits* complain about others who get it right.

...... Phil