Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery[_3_] Ralph Mowery[_3_] is offline

Default Source for 784 MHz crystals?

In article ,
says...

There's factory-programmable oscillators that use internal logic to create
custom frequencies, which has better cost and leadtime than custom crystals.

DigiKey will even program it for you...

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/epson/SG-8018CB-TJHSC/7784073

I bought a couple similar to those. Problem is that if you want to put
them very close on frequency like you can with a crystal and trimmer
capacitor you are out of luck.

They only cost a few dollars, under $ 5 if I recall correctly instead of
around $ 50 that Bomar would want for a crystal. They do put out a
waveform roughly equal to a square wave.