Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Phil the Idiot Phil the Idiot is offline

Default Source for 784 MHz crystals?

Phil Allison wrote:
Rob wrote:
There is no need to be that offensive, Phil.

This is usenet, threads have a tree structure where people reply to
replies and not direct to the original posting.

** FYI I have posting on usenet for over 20 years - so I damn
well know the rules.

If that is the case, then how can you not have learned that Usenet is a
"party line"?

My comment was to *one* person, hoping he would reply in order to
explain himself.

You cannot post to "*one* person" on Usenet. You can only post a
follow-up to an article, and that follow-up is *read by all* readers of
the group (i.e., a "party line") and can be further followed up by
anyone who wishes to do so.

To send something to "just one person" you have to use email.

How can you have been posting to Usenet for 20 years and not have
learned this fact?