Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Source for 784 MHz crystals?

Rob wrote:
=========
** FFS they don't make one off specials for hobbiest ******s like the OP.

They are just across the river from me, and, in point-of-fact, they do make one-offs for amateurs and hobbyists,
albeit at a price.

** A price no amateur nor hobbyist would ever pay.

There still are companies that make crystals for a specified frequency
and although it has become much more expensive (probably because of
reduced demand) it still can be done.

However, I looked up a company where I have ordered before and it seems
that this particular frequency is a problem. They provide two ranges,
30-100 kHz and another starting at 800 kHz.

(these companies work with stock crystals that they etch towards the
requested frequency so you can only order frequencies for which they
have the suitable starting point)

** People here cannot *read posts* for the actual meaning !!!!!

FYI:

I posted my remark to the OP (John Crane) not the group.

There is no need to be that offensive, Phil.

** FFS did you *****ing* read the vile **** that was posted about me by the resident moronic assholes here ????

Are you totally BLIND !!!!!!

This is usenet, threads have a tree structure where people reply to
replies and not direct to the original posting.

** FYI I have posting on usenet for over 20 years - so I damn well know the rules.

My comment was to *one* person, hoping he would reply in order to explain himself.

Which he has not - as I expected.

When you cannot handle that,

** Get a grip on yourself pal.

....... Phil