Posted to comp.sys.handhelds,comp.sys.hp48,sci.electronics.repair
Kendrick Kerwin Chua Kendrick Kerwin Chua is offline

Default Source for 784 MHz crystals?

In article ews.com,
John Crane wrote:
On 5/19/21 9:12 PM, John Crane wrote:
Does anyone know of a source for 784 MHz crystals?
I'd like to try to 'accurize' the timer in the HP-45 calculator.

Make that kHz.

You probably found this link already:

https://davidreaton.com/hp-calculators/hp-45/

I got to that link from the opposite direction, in that I used to modify
video game systems and we'd use custom oscillators in place of crystals in
order to mess with the region or the video output timing. So the timing
circuit that Mr. Reaton uses in place of a 784 kHz crystal works on the
same valid principle.

-KKC, wandering around the abandoned world of Usenet like the Omega Man.
--
-- "People with happy families don't become spies. A bad | kendrick
childhood is the perfect background for covert ops. You | @