Old May 21st 21, 04:26 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Source for 784 MHz crystals?

Ralph Mowery wrote:

Yes, that's possible. I have a HP-55 and it works, so I don't want to
cannibalize it. I'm sure there has to be some company that can custom
manufacture crystals to specs. I did try Bomar, but have not received a
reply.

** If you have done any Googling on this at all, you know that there is no such company.

Stop being such a naive PITA.

Do you mean this company :

http://bomarcrystal.com/

** FFS they don't make one off specials for hobbiest ******s like the OP.

...... Phil

Old May 21st 21, 11:45 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

** FFS they don't make one off specials for hobbiest ******s like the OP.

They are just across the river from me, and, in point-of-fact, they do make one-offs for amateurs and hobbyists, albeit at a price.

You spend far too much time under your rock to have any understanding at all of how big and wide the world is, and how many unusual things it contains.... Including brand new multi-section twist-lock capacitors....

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Old May 21st 21, 12:15 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Peter ****** ****ing Asshole wrote:
** FFS they don't make one off specials for hobbiest ******s like the OP.

They are just across the river from me, and, in point-of-fact, they do make one-offs for amateurs and hobbyists,
albeit at a price.

** A price no amateur nor hobbyist would ever pay.

Go on - prove otherwise.

You spend far too much time under your rock

** LOL !!!!

to have any understanding at all of how big and wide the world is,

** FFS ****wits like YOU you cannot even read.

and how many unusual things it contains....
Including brand new multi-section twist-lock capacitors....

** How ****ing retarded.

Wot a vile Septic puke you are.

....... Phil

Old May 21st 21, 03:13 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

No use arguing with that fool. I think he just likes to spread his crap
over the group. I try not to go back to him .

The drongo from Down Under is much like a hognose snake, but without the utility. All pretense and threat, no actual substance. At least the snakes eat vermin.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Old May 21st 21, 03:47 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Phil Allison wrote:
Peter ****** ****ing Asshole wrote:
** FFS they don't make one off specials for hobbiest ******s like the OP.

They are just across the river from me, and, in point-of-fact, they do make one-offs for amateurs and hobbyists,
albeit at a price.

** A price no amateur nor hobbyist would ever pay.

There still are companies that make crystals for a specified frequency
and although it has become much more expensive (probably because of
reduced demand) it still can be done.

However, I looked up a company where I have ordered before and it seems
that this particular frequency is a problem. They provide two ranges,
30-100 kHz and another starting at 800 kHz.

(these companies work with stock crystals that they etch towards the
requested frequency so you can only order frequencies for which they
have the suitable starting point)
Old May 21st 21, 06:50 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Just to help out - here are one-off suppliers of crystals active today:

http://www.quartslab.com/ (England)
https://www.euroquartz.co.uk/ (England)
https://www.laptech.com/index.php (Canada)
http://lokoselectronics.com/brands/a...ectronics-llc/ (USA)
https://www.frequencymanagement.com/ (USA)
https://www.transko.com/ (Possible - USA)
https://abracon.com/brands/fox?utm_s...utm_medium=301 (USA)
http://bomarcrystal.com/ (USA)
https://www.ctscorp.com/ (Possible, USA)
http://www.krystaly.cz/en/ (Czech Republic)

I am sure with a bit more searching I could find some more.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Old May 21st 21, 11:11 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Rob wrote:
Phil Allison wrote:
Peter ****** ****ing Asshole wrote:
** FFS they don't make one off specials for hobbiest ******s like the OP.

They are just across the river from me, and, in point-of-fact, they do make one-offs for amateurs and hobbyists,
albeit at a price.

** A price no amateur nor hobbyist would ever pay.

There still are companies that make crystals for a specified frequency
and although it has become much more expensive (probably because of
reduced demand) it still can be done.

However, I looked up a company where I have ordered before and it seems
that this particular frequency is a problem. They provide two ranges,
30-100 kHz and another starting at 800 kHz.

(these companies work with stock crystals that they etch towards the
requested frequency so you can only order frequencies for which they
have the suitable starting point)

** People here cannot *read posts* for the actual meaning !!!!!

FYI:

I posted my remark to the OP (John Crane) not the group.

I told him that if he Googled his topic, many others have tried to source a suitable 784kHz crystal and found there simply is NO new part source. Likely never has been either.

I also told him where to find used ones - in old HP-55s.
He has no real need in any case - purely a whim.

So he ain't about to pay a *whole bunch of money* for one.

My advice was solid.

....... Phil

Old May 22nd 21, 01:30 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 22/5/21 12:47 am, Rob wrote:
However, I looked up a company where I have ordered before and it seems
that this particular frequency is a problem. They provide two ranges,
30-100 kHz and another starting at 800 kHz.

30-100KHz will be a tuning fork. From 800MHz up will be a rock, ground
smaller for higher frequencies. It's kinda difficult to grind them
bigger though.

Put an Si5351 and an ATTiny on a little board and it'll probably be
smaller than your broken rock, and cost a fraction of the price.

CH
Old May 22nd 21, 02:40 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Clifford Heath wrote:

Put an Si5351 and an ATTiny on a little board and it'll probably be
smaller than your broken rock, and cost a fraction of the price.

** The OP needs an actual crystal.

The mod he wants uses the existing circuit by replacing an RC network directly.
The Si part use a lot of current for a battery operated device, about 35mA.

..... Phil