Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default Liberals are village idiots...

Liberals are village idiots...

In their various marches against the new AZ "illegals" law, they're
calling for a boycott against "Arizona Iced Tea"...

The Arizona Beverage Company is a producer of various flavors of iced
tea, juice cocktails and energy drinks... based in Queens, New York
:-]

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 10:16:23 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Liberals are village idiots...

In their various marches against the new AZ "illegals" law, they're
calling for a boycott against "Arizona Iced Tea"...

The Arizona Beverage Company is a producer of various flavors of iced
tea, juice cocktails and energy drinks... based in Queens, New York
:-]

Erect strawman. Decapitate. Repeat.

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Liberals are village idiots...

In their various marches against the new AZ "illegals" law, they're
calling for a boycott against "Arizona Iced Tea"...

The Arizona Beverage Company is a producer of various flavors of iced
tea, juice cocktails and energy drinks... based in Queens, New York
:-]

...Jim Thompson

Thank you, you've made my day!!!
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message
Liberals are village idiots...

Be careful.
Village idiots around the globe are taking umbrage at your statement.
Art

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 13:21:26 -0700, "Artemus"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message
.. .
Liberals are village idiots...

Be careful.
Village idiots around the globe are taking umbrage at your statement.
Art

Boxes of umbrage, but what will then do with it?

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message ...
Liberals are village idiots...

In their various marches against the new AZ "illegals" law, they're
calling for a boycott against "Arizona Iced Tea"...

The Arizona Beverage Company is a producer of various flavors of iced
tea, juice cocktails and energy drinks... based in Queens, New York
:-]

...Jim Thompson

LOL!!!

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2945076/boycott_arizona_iced_tea_demand_opponents.html

Cheers

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Liberals are village idiots...

In their various marches against the new AZ "illegals" law, they're
calling for a boycott against "Arizona Iced Tea"...

The Arizona Beverage Company is a producer of various flavors of iced
tea, juice cocktails and energy drinks... based in Queens, New York
:-]

...Jim Thompson

That reminds me of "New York Texas Toast" which, I believe, is a
hanging offense in Texas.

There's a salsa _made_in_New_Jersey_. Some other brand derided them,
playing highly on "_made_in_New_Jersey_" in their commercial. The
State of New Jersey actually sued. Now the commercial says
"_New_York_" :-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Liberals are village idiots...

In their various marches against the new AZ "illegals" law, they're
calling for a boycott against "Arizona Iced Tea"...

The Arizona Beverage Company is a producer of various flavors of iced
tea, juice cocktails and energy drinks... based in Queens, New York
:-]

...Jim Thompson

That reminds me of "New York Texas Toast" which, I believe, is a
hanging offense in Texas.

There's a salsa _made_in_New_Jersey_. Some other brand derided them,
playing highly on "_made_in_New_Jersey_" in their commercial. The
State of New Jersey actually sued. Now the commercial says
"_New_York_" :-)

...Jim Thompson

My favourite brand comes from Vermont...it's called "Green Mountain Gringo".

Feature it.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...

That reminds me of "New York Texas Toast" which, I believe, is a
hanging offense in Texas.

Hmm, I never heard that particular toast and I've lived in Texas 54 years.

There's a salsa _made_in_New_Jersey_. Some other brand derided them,
playing highly on "_made_in_New_Jersey_" in their commercial. The
State of New Jersey actually sued. Now the commercial says
"_New_York_" :-)

Really? Was the brand not actually made in New Jersey?

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message
. ..
Liberals are village idiots...

Be careful.
Village idiots around the globe are taking umbrage at your statement.
Art

Boxes of umbrage, but what will then do with it?

Feed it to their ilk?

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"flipper" wrote in message

wrote:

Liberals are village idiots...

In their various marches against the new AZ "illegals" law, they're
calling for a boycott against "Arizona Iced Tea"...

The Arizona Beverage Company is a producer of various flavors of iced
tea, juice cocktails and energy drinks... based in Queens, New York
:-]

...Jim Thompson

That reminds me of "New York Texas Toast" which, I believe, is a
hanging offense in Texas.

There's a salsa _made_in_New_Jersey_.

Pace.

The parent company Campbell's (since 1995) is headquartered in New
Jersey but Pace is made in Paris Texas.

I was, of course, parodying the Pace commercial where the cowhands
discover cookie is trying to serve them an obviously inferior picante
sauce and when one looks at the bottle he exclaims: "made in NEW york
CITY?"

"Get a rope."

The "New York Texas Toast" label was sent to me by a friend in
Rochester, New York that I had told, among other Texas legends,
etiquette (like never ask someone if they're from Texas. If there are
you'll find out soon enough and if they aren't you don't want to
embarrass them) and facts, the Pace commercial.

It gets even better because "New York" brand is apparently made in
Ohio.

Some other brand derided them,
playing highly on "_made_in_New_Jersey_" in their commercial. The
State of New Jersey actually sued. Now the commercial says
"_New_York_" :-)

I did laugh when 'cookie' was hog tied to the hood (if I recall correctly).

There are several hot sauces manufactured in Buda Texas that are very good.
Pace was never very good...it's a 'use it if nothing else is available'
sauce.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 00:09:07 -0400, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:

Feed it to their ilk?

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Can you milk an ilk???

Jim
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 09:21:53 -0700, RST Engineering
wrote:

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 00:09:07 -0400, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:

Feed it to their ilk?

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Can you milk an ilk???

Jim

That's been known to irk them.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"flipper" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 17:37:41 -0500, "Jon" wrote:

. ..

wrote:

[...]

Oh man, I'd never get into an argument with a Texan about what makes
good salsa. That's as dangerous as bringing up beans in the chili and
damn fools that don't cook with mesquite.

Haha! Not a problem...but your right, bean do not belong in chili.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 15:28:34 -0500, "Jon" wrote:

Haha! Not a problem...but your right, bean do not belong in chili.

You're an idiot.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Archimedes' Lever" wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 15:28:34 -0500, "Jon" wrote:

Haha! Not a problem...but your right, bean do not belong in chili.

You're an idiot.

You're not a southerner...

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jon wrote:

"Archimedes' Lever" wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 15:28:34 -0500, "Jon" wrote:

Haha! Not a problem...but your right, bean do not belong in chili.

You're an idiot.

You're not a southerner...

But. But? Butt! He's the south end of a north bound donkkey!!!

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Jon wrote:

"Archimedes' Lever" wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 15:28:34 -0500, "Jon" wrote:

Haha! Not a problem...but your right, bean do not belong in chili.

You're an idiot.

You're not a southerner...

But. But? Butt! He's the south end of a north bound donkkey!!!

The beans can be prepared on the side and added if so desired. You
know the sort that prefers to think for everyone...they are the south
end of a north bound donkey.

BTW Michael, I have finally made some pinto beans that were worthy
of consumption.

liberal thinking...one

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 22:15:50 -0500, "Jon" wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
om...

Jon wrote:

"Archimedes' Lever" wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 15:28:34 -0500, "Jon" wrote:

Haha! Not a problem...but your right, bean do not belong in chili.

You're an idiot.

You're not a southerner...

But. But? Butt! He's the south end of a north bound donkkey!!!

The beans can be prepared on the side and added if so desired. You
know the sort that prefers to think for everyone...they are the south
end of a north bound donkey.

BTW Michael, I have finally made some pinto beans that were worthy
of consumption.

liberal thinking...one

You're both idiots.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

[...]

I liked the package of peanuts with the warning label: 'Caution!
This product processed on machines used with peanuts!'

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

[...]

Because about 1-in-200 are allergic to peanuts, ALL nut products not
processed on dedicated equipment must bear the warning:

MANUFACTURED ON EQUIPMENT THAT
PROCESSES PEANUT, OTHER TREE NUTS

In out leftist world, the problem is best solved by no longer offering
peanuts on airplanes.

There's actually a law in Arizona forbidding the planting of olive
trees, because some people are allergic to the pollen. Everyone
ignores the law ;-)

It is a natural human condition to get angry over our own personal
failings and incompetent actions. But an interesting difference shows
up when we compare political persuasion, right versus left. Those on
the right get angry with themselves and attempt to correct the error
of their ways. Those on the left also get angry, but look for someone
else to blame.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

[...]

I know that but if you open a package of peanuts, you expect peanuts.

In out leftist world, the problem is best solved by no longer offering
peanuts on airplanes.

There's actually a law in Arizona forbidding the planting of olive
trees, because some people are allergic to the pollen. Everyone
ignores the law ;-)

It is a natural human condition to get angry over our own personal
failings and incompetent actions. But an interesting difference shows
up when we compare political persuasion, right versus left. Those on
the right get angry with themselves and attempt to correct the error
of their ways. Those on the left also get angry, but look for someone
else to blame.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

[...]

[snip]

Lawyers don't :-P

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
It is a natural human condition to get angry over our own personal
failings and incompetent actions.

Yes, although I don't think I'd really call being allergic to peanuts (or
anything else) a personal failing. :-)

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

[...]

What do you expect, after their 12 martini lunch?

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Joel Koltner wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
It is a natural human condition to get angry over our own personal
failings and incompetent actions.

Yes, although I don't think I'd really call being allergic to peanuts (or
anything else) a personal failing. :-)

I blame it all on Lucy Van Pelt...

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

[...]

12??? Crikey! When it come to Martini's it's One Martini, Two
Martini, Three Martini, FLOOR ;-)

But then, I make 8oz'er Dirty Martini's... shake 'til you get ice
crystals... yummy :-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

[...]

When it comes to 'peanut' warnings my favorites are bags of peanuts
that warn they contain peanuts.

Ya think?

In this day and age of artificial flavors I suppose it could be 'fake'
peanuts but if one were allergic I'd imagine 'peanuts in there' would
be a natural first guess for a package of peanuts.

These silly ones get on there as a result of 'corporate policy' akin
to: "any food product which may contain peanut or peanut byproducts,
or may contain a non-peanut product that may have come into contact
with peanuts, peanut byproducts, or may have contacted machinery that
may have contacted peanuts or peanut byproducts, shall include the
following warning insert legal department approved warning text
prominently displayed on the label."

Well, a package of peanuts certainly qualifies and woe be to anyone
who tries to argue, though 14 layers of management, "it's obvious" to
the legal department because no one ever got sued for the inclusion of
an 'obvious' warning.

Another one is the manual for a battery powered tool. It tells you
to use a 14 AWG or heavier extension cord, when the charger only draws
230 mA.
have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

flipper wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Another all time favorite.

Nytol Sleep Aid: Warning: May cause drowsiness.

One would hope SO.

I also kind of like this practical emergency safety procedure posted
at summer camp: In case of flood, proceed uphill. In case of flash
flood proceed uphill quickly.

And another useful tip on an American Airlines packet of nuts:
Instructions: open packet, eat nuts.

I'll bet there's a policy to always include "instructions" so what
else could you say? Except, perhaps, to add: curse at near impossible
to open package... pick up spilled nuts....

But this one on a Swedish chain saw makes one wonder what law suit
inspired the warning: Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or
genitals.

You never know with the Swiss. I wonder if that's what inspired them
to create IKEA? ;-)

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

flipper wrote:

wrote:

[...]

My mother had the universal explanation for conundrums, expressed as
the example: "Why do dogs bark? Because they're dogs (and that's what
dogs do)."

Well, it worked when I was 4.

Aren't there a couple breeds that can't bark?

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

flipper wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Aren't there a couple breeds that can't bark?

Not in my neighborhood! LOL

On that my score my Border Collie is the best behaved of the lot, but
he thinks he's a 45lb lap dog.

My other favorite explanation for why dogs bark is "just because I've
never seen a bear come around that corner before doesn't mean there
isn't one this time. bark bark bark bark"

Did you ever stop to think that your dogs are just mocking Liberals,
who don't know when to shut up?

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

flipper wrote:

On Sun, 09 May 2010 16:15:48 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

flipper wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Aren't there a couple breeds that can't bark?

Not in my neighborhood! LOL

On that my score my Border Collie is the best behaved of the lot, but
he thinks he's a 45lb lap dog.

My other favorite explanation for why dogs bark is "just because I've
never seen a bear come around that corner before doesn't mean there
isn't one this time. bark bark bark bark"

Did you ever stop to think that your dogs are just mocking Liberals,
who don't know when to shut up?

To be honest, no I never did

Can you blame them? Even dogs can spot idiots a mile away!

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

flipper wrote:

wrote:

flipper wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Aren't there a couple breeds that can't bark?

Not in my neighborhood! LOL

On that my score my Border Collie is the best behaved of the lot, but
he thinks he's a 45lb lap dog.

My other favorite explanation for why dogs bark is "just because I've
never seen a bear come around that corner before doesn't mean there
isn't one this time. bark bark bark bark"

Did you ever stop to think that your dogs are just mocking Liberals,
who don't know when to shut up?

To be honest, no I never did

Can you blame them? Even dogs can spot idiots a mile away!

Sounds good but, truth be told, my dog treats idiots about the same as
anyone else.

Now, in all fairness to the dog, when he was just a pup I sat down and
explained how the 'division of labor' was to work around here and that
his job was to chase squirrels out of the yard. It's my job to deal
with 'idiots'

Ever helpful he's since volunteered to drag tree limbs around the
yard, so I make sure to leave some, and, for purposes I have yet to
decipher, rearrange the walkway made of garden logs. It's quite
impressive to observe the work he puts into the latter because they're
half buried and he can't get his mouth 'around' the much too large log
yet still manages to relocate them a considerable distance.

Another job he excels at is locating loose boards in the fence but
that's just naturally follows from his daily perimeter patrol and
inspection.

Border Collies are 'energetic' dogs that *want* to work for you and if
you don't give them a 'job' they'll come up with their own

But he's not all work. You know those thin plastic pots garden shops
put plants in? Well, the larger ones are his 'entertainment'. He likes
to push his head inside and then simultaneously flip and jump, tossing
the pot in the air, which I eventually deduced resulted in "the great
disaster."

One Saturday I was startled to hear blood curdling yelps come from the
deck as if the dog was in a death match with lord only knows what, and
loosing. Bad enough that I grabbed a stick, to use as a weapon, and
paused to look out the glass door before exiting so I could ascertain
what 'enemy' I was about to engage but, rather than an 'enemy', I saw
the dog trapped upside down, kicking wildly, underneath an aluminum
slider and plastic lawn chair piled on top each with him yelping in
terror because he couldn't get the dern things to flip off. Although,
he managed to kick himself sideways off the deck just as I opened the
door.

Fortunately, after a brief paw lick inspection he was fine but how in
the world he got himself trapped was a mystery until a few weeks
later, during another 'entertainment' exercise of toss the planter
pot, it landed on one of the plastic chair seats. I heard the thump
and when I looked out could see him trying to retrieve it through the
side arm it was too large to pass but the clincher was his 'tactic'.
He'd delicately grab the edge of the pot and then, in one near
instantaneous combined maneuver.... jerk-let-go-jump-back-real-quick.
Approach it again, delicately grab the edge then....
jerk-let-go-jump-back-real-quick.

LOL

The "great disaster" was apparently the result of his previous
'mistake' in pulling the dern chair by the 'stuck' planter pot across
the deck, eventually backing himself and the chair into the slider
causing the combined mess to topple over himself, and he wasn't about
to let that sneaky *&&*% chair do that again so: grab the pot then...
jerk-let-go-jump-back-real-quick.

Reminded me of Wile E Coyote in a Road Runner cartoon.

I retrieved the planter pot for him and he just doesn't mess with
those lawn chairs any more. Too darn sneaky.

Dogs: The original "Home Entertainment Center"

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

flipper wrote:

Yeah, and I've had him less than a year so I'm sure more adventures
lay ahead (I got him when about 6 months old).

You can probably tell I am a *big* fan of Border Collies (and the
quite similar Australian Shepard, which I had before this one).

Who could possibly resist that 'chin on the lap please pet me' look or
the ebullient 'WHERE have you BEEN thank god you're BACK I missed you
so' greeting after having been gone only 5 minutes.

Believe it or not, his favorite 'treat' is ice cubes, which is dern
convenient because I can afford those all day long and he's gotten
pretty good at catching them mid air when I toss him one from the
freezer.

The only real 'problem' is the little bugger likes to *eat* my damn
gloves. I guess they resemble his chew toys too much because he
doesn't bother anything else despite there being an almost infinite
number of other opportunities for mischief in the house.

My favorite dog was a Rat Terrier. Ornery and strong as a bull, but
he was faithful friend for 14 years.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

flipper wrote:

On Tue, 11 May 2010 12:16:24 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

flipper wrote:

[...]

That's another excellent dog and I had one in between the Aussie and
Border Collie.

Little sucker could run like a cartoon with her legs just a 'blur' and
body in 'near light speed' elongation.

And I swear, she could jump straight vertical about 6 feet. She could
stand beside my easy chair and without a single running step instantly
leap up, clearing the entire chair, over the side arm, and land dead
center in my lap.

I suspect I just like dogs and 'yours' is always the best

Mine could jump between the time you started to sit, and your butt
hit the chair. Then give you 'The look' when you dared to sit and crowd
him into the corner of the chair.

http://home.earthlink.net/~mike.terrell/photos.html is another dog I
really loved. She was fearless, but faithful. I rarely walked into my
dad & step mom's house without her following me to wherever I sat. Then
she would lay down and roll over on her back to have her belly
scratched. She may have been registered, but she was just a friendly
dog.

Unfortunately, both are now gone.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

flipper wrote:

wrote:

flipper wrote:

[...]

LOL. Yes, I can see that.

I'm trying to impose a bit of discipline in that he's not allowed in
the chair unless granted permission.

The biggest problem is in sending 'mixed signals' by cracking up
laughing when he attempts to 'sneak on' one paw at a time as he tends
to interpret laughing as 'approval'.

Are you sure your dog isn't just playing with your mind? ;-)

http://home.earthlink.net/~mike.terrell/photos.html is another dog I
really loved. She was fearless, but faithful. I rarely walked into my
dad & step mom's house without her following me to wherever I sat. Then
she would lay down and roll over on her back to have her belly
scratched. She may have been registered, but she was just a friendly
dog.

Unfortunately, both are now gone.

You have my sympathies.

Thank you.

Took me quite a while to get over the Aussie dying.

Like my Rat Terrier. He started having strokes about a year before we
had to have him put to sleep. The veterinarian said that there was
nothing that could be done for him, and they were becoming more frequent
with less recovery between strokes.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

flipper wrote:

wrote:

flipper wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Mine could jump between the time you started to sit, and your butt
hit the chair. Then give you 'The look' when you dared to sit and crowd
him into the corner of the chair.

LOL. Yes, I can see that.

I'm trying to impose a bit of discipline in that he's not allowed in
the chair unless granted permission.

The biggest problem is in sending 'mixed signals' by cracking up
laughing when he attempts to 'sneak on' one paw at a time as he tends
to interpret laughing as 'approval'.

Are you sure your dog isn't just playing with your mind? ;-)

Hell no I'm not sure. LOL

Pretty sure, though

The thing is, they pick up cues lightning fast, as long as it's
something they want. hehe Like "This is a biscuit. Good biscuit. You
want a biscuit?" Give dog biscuit.

It only took ONCE and next time you say "biscuit" the dog not only
goes into the "YES I want one" routine but dashes to the pantry
because I had given it to him there.

Which means, each time at the chair I laugh and give in... "well,
that worked." hehe

Same thing with the can opener, btw. I like tuna sandwiches so after
the first time I mixed tuna oil with his food I swear, for at least a
month, every time I opened a can of anything he was there "ok, where's
that yummy stuff? huh huh huh? Where, where?"

He finally figured out it ain't happening if I haven't picked up the
food bowl too.

Our Rat Terrier had a strange appetite. He would eat raw green
beans, but not cooked. He loved raw tomatoes, but wasn't crazy about
cooked. I gave him a small bowl of Chili once. He went crazy eating
it, but when he finished, there was a small pile of kidney beans in the
back of the bowl. He had licked them all clean, but wouldn't eat them.

Took me quite a while to get over the Aussie dying.

Like my Rat Terrier. He started having strokes about a year before we
had to have him put to sleep. The veterinarian said that there was
nothing that could be done for him, and they were becoming more frequent
with less recovery between strokes.

It was sudden with the Aussie, playing one day and gone the next, but
I don't know if that's better or worse.

At least you didn't have to watch its health fail, and constantly
clean up the messes when it got sick. It finally got to the point that
we couldn't let him continue to suffer, even though it meant that we
would lose our long time friend.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

flipper wrote:

On Thu, 13 May 2010 10:16:57 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

flipper wrote:

wrote:

flipper wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

[...]

Ah, a true Texan: no beans in the chili. LOL

No, he was an Ohio dog. It's just that some of the other dogs in the
neighborhood were a 'VERY' bad influence on him...

My Aussie was like that with his pill. You could, and I did,
multi-layer wrap and pack the dern thing in cheese, poke it to the
back of his throat, hold mouth close, stroke neck... yada yada... and
as soon as you let go a pristine, clean as a whistle, pill would go
plop in the floor.

Needless to say, just sticking it in a bowl of food didn't work any
better than your kidney beans.

I don't remember for sure now but I think I ended up having to grind
the things to powder.

Or dissolve it in a bowl of water. Maybe you should have froze it in
an ice cube? ;-)

Took me quite a while to get over the Aussie dying.

Like my Rat Terrier. He started having strokes about a year before we
had to have him put to sleep. The veterinarian said that there was
nothing that could be done for him, and they were becoming more frequent
with less recovery between strokes.

It was sudden with the Aussie, playing one day and gone the next, but
I don't know if that's better or worse.

At least you didn't have to watch its health fail, and constantly
clean up the messes when it got sick. It finally got to the point that
we couldn't let him continue to suffer, even though it meant that we
would lose our long time friend.

True. On the other hand, I wasn't in any way 'prepared' for it either.
There's just no 'good' way to lose your pal.

No, there isn't. It was bad enough having to leave him at home when
I left for the US Army. He HATED uniforms. It took him at least six
months to forgive me for arriving home in my dress uniform, when I was
released from active duty.

OTOH, flying home in that uniform saved me almost $1000 by using a
military standby ticket.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

flipper wrote:

On Thu, 13 May 2010 13:58:42 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

flipper wrote:

Ah, a true Texan: no beans in the chili. LOL

No, he was an Ohio dog.

'Origin' doesn't matter, it's the 'attitude'

My parents both grew up on farms, where beans were a normal part of
your diet.

It's just that some of the other dogs in the
neighborhood were a 'VERY' bad influence on him...

Just sounds to me like he got a proper culinary education. hehe

No, he was just ornery.

My Aussie was like that with his pill. You could, and I did,
multi-layer wrap and pack the dern thing in cheese, poke it to the
back of his throat, hold mouth close, stroke neck... yada yada... and
as soon as you let go a pristine, clean as a whistle, pill would go
plop in the floor.

Needless to say, just sticking it in a bowl of food didn't work any
better than your kidney beans.

I don't remember for sure now but I think I ended up having to grind
the things to powder.

Or dissolve it in a bowl of water.

I would have had to powder it first anyway as the thing didn't
dissolve very well.

I remember now that the issue was short lived because the 'new
version' was a 'flavored chewy' sort of thing.

Don't know why my vet is back to a 'pill' version these days but the
Border Collie will eat dern near anything including, unfortunately,
gloves.

Maybe you should have froze it in
an ice cube? ;-)

If cheese didn't fool him I doubt the ice cube would have either. hehe

But you're right, the Aussie loved ice cubes too.

Add a little 'Koolaide' to color & flavor it, and it would be gone
too fast to notice the pill. ;-)

A friend of mine thought this one looked exactly like the previous
Aussie but the general consensus is Border Collie.

No, there isn't. It was bad enough having to leave him at home when
I left for the US Army. He HATED uniforms. It took him at least six
months to forgive me for arriving home in my dress uniform, when I was
released from active duty.

Interesting. I wonder what it was about 'uniforms' he didn't like.

I have no idea, but he was an equal opportunity pest when it came to
uniforms. His hair would stand up, his ears would be laid back and he
would growl a deep warning to anyone who dared to enter or yard or home
in a uniform.

Sometimes you just never know what they're thinking, though. Like: my
Aussie loved everyone (as does the Border Collie), including the
'never saw before' cable repair guy until he bent over the TV set to
check the cable.

That wasn't 'Larry the Cable Guy' was it? I wouldn't blame the dog,
if it was!

The Aussie went nuts. I don't know exactly what he would have done
because I had him by the collar sitting between my legs at the
chair but he growled, barked, and tried to lunge; responding to
'sit' when I held him back and it only took a few seconds for him to
calm back down.

Maybe he was protesting the monthly fees? Money that wouldn't be
spent on his treats & chew toys?

I was stunned because, prior to that (the only time), I had never seen
him express even the slightest degree of apprehension, much less
'aggression', toward any person no matter what they were doing and I
had just finished telling the cable guy, "the worst thing that could
happen is he might lick you to death... but I've got him by the collar
so he won't bother you."

'surprise'

Maybe he objected to the guy's scent? Some of the chemicals used in
CATV are rather strong, even without the person being soaked in sweat.
The plasticizer used in making the coax, and some of the lubricants &
hand cleaners carried in the trucks can upset an animal.

Near as I can figure, he though the man bending 'over' the TV set was
a 'dog sign' of him trying to establish 'dominance' over it and, by
golly, that TV set was grOURS so BARK off

I was on a TV service call before I went into the Army. The woman
had a Toy Terrier that was almost a carbon copy of my Rat Terrier,
except it could sit in the palm of your hand. She assured me that it
would be no trouble, that it was scared of everyone and it would hide
till I left. I was busy working on her TV when I heard its tiny nails
on the tile floor. It was dragging a rubber pretzel that was almost as
big as it was, to me. She heard it and came around the corner to see it
sitting beside me on the floor. I was working with my right hand, and
scratching its head with my left. She was stunned, and told me that it
had never allowed anyone but her to touch it.