Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default Liberals are village idiots...

flipper wrote:

On Sat, 08 May 2010 18:26:08 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

flipper wrote:

On Sat, 08 May 2010 11:02:50 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

flipper wrote:

On Fri, 07 May 2010 02:43:27 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

flipper wrote:

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 19:16:57 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 15:20:03 -0500, flipper wrote:

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 10:16:23 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Liberals are village idiots...

In their various marches against the new AZ "illegals" law, they're
calling for a boycott against "Arizona Iced Tea"...

The Arizona Beverage Company is a producer of various flavors of iced
tea, juice cocktails and energy drinks... based in Queens, New York
:-]

...Jim Thompson

That reminds me of "New York Texas Toast" which, I believe, is a
hanging offense in Texas.

There's a salsa _made_in_New_Jersey_.

Pace.

The parent company Campbell's (since 1995) is headquartered in New
Jersey but Pace is made in Paris Texas.

I was, of course, parodying the Pace commercial where the cowhands
discover cookie is trying to serve them an obviously inferior picante
sauce and when one looks at the bottle he exclaims: "made in NEW york
CITY?"

"Get a rope."

The "New York Texas Toast" label was sent to me by a friend in
Rochester, New York that I had told, among other Texas legends,
etiquette (like never ask someone if they're from Texas. If there are
you'll find out soon enough and if they aren't you don't want to
embarrass them) and facts, the Pace commercial.

It gets even better because "New York" brand is apparently made in
Ohio.

I liked the package of peanuts with the warning label: 'Caution!
This product processed on machines used with peanuts!'

When it comes to 'peanut' warnings my favorites are bags of peanuts
that warn they contain peanuts.

Ya think?

In this day and age of artificial flavors I suppose it could be 'fake'
peanuts but if one were allergic I'd imagine 'peanuts in there' would
be a natural first guess for a package of peanuts.

These silly ones get on there as a result of 'corporate policy' akin
to: "any food product which may contain peanut or peanut byproducts,
or may contain a non-peanut product that may have come into contact
with peanuts, peanut byproducts, or may have contacted machinery that
may have contacted peanuts or peanut byproducts, shall include the
following warning insert legal department approved warning text
prominently displayed on the label."

Well, a package of peanuts certainly qualifies and woe be to anyone
who tries to argue, though 14 layers of management, "it's obvious" to
the legal department because no one ever got sued for the inclusion of
an 'obvious' warning.

Another one is the manual for a battery powered tool. It tells you
to use a 14 AWG or heavier extension cord, when the charger only draws
230 mA.

Another all time favorite.

Nytol Sleep Aid: Warning: May cause drowsiness.

One would hope SO.

I also kind of like this practical emergency safety procedure posted
at summer camp: In case of flood, proceed uphill. In case of flash
flood proceed uphill quickly.

And another useful tip on an American Airlines packet of nuts:
Instructions: open packet, eat nuts.

I'll bet there's a policy to always include "instructions" so what
else could you say? Except, perhaps, to add: curse at near impossible
to open package... pick up spilled nuts....

But this one on a Swedish chain saw makes one wonder what law suit
inspired the warning: Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or
genitals.

You never know with the Swiss. I wonder if that's what inspired them
to create IKEA? ;-)

My mother had the universal explanation for conundrums, expressed as
the example: "Why do dogs bark? Because they're dogs (and that's what
dogs do)."

Well, it worked when I was 4.

Aren't there a couple breeds that can't bark?

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.