Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default Liberals are village idiots...

flipper wrote:

On Mon, 10 May 2010 01:27:22 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

flipper wrote:

On Sun, 09 May 2010 16:15:48 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

flipper wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Aren't there a couple breeds that can't bark?

Not in my neighborhood! LOL

On that my score my Border Collie is the best behaved of the lot, but
he thinks he's a 45lb lap dog.

My other favorite explanation for why dogs bark is "just because I've
never seen a bear come around that corner before doesn't mean there
isn't one this time. bark bark bark bark"

Did you ever stop to think that your dogs are just mocking Liberals,
who don't know when to shut up?

To be honest, no I never did

Can you blame them? Even dogs can spot idiots a mile away!

Sounds good but, truth be told, my dog treats idiots about the same as
anyone else.

Now, in all fairness to the dog, when he was just a pup I sat down and
explained how the 'division of labor' was to work around here and that
his job was to chase squirrels out of the yard. It's my job to deal
with 'idiots'

Ever helpful he's since volunteered to drag tree limbs around the
yard, so I make sure to leave some, and, for purposes I have yet to
decipher, rearrange the walkway made of garden logs. It's quite
impressive to observe the work he puts into the latter because they're
half buried and he can't get his mouth 'around' the much too large log
yet still manages to relocate them a considerable distance.

Another job he excels at is locating loose boards in the fence but
that's just naturally follows from his daily perimeter patrol and
inspection.

Border Collies are 'energetic' dogs that *want* to work for you and if
you don't give them a 'job' they'll come up with their own

But he's not all work. You know those thin plastic pots garden shops
put plants in? Well, the larger ones are his 'entertainment'. He likes
to push his head inside and then simultaneously flip and jump, tossing
the pot in the air, which I eventually deduced resulted in "the great
disaster."

One Saturday I was startled to hear blood curdling yelps come from the
deck as if the dog was in a death match with lord only knows what, and
loosing. Bad enough that I grabbed a stick, to use as a weapon, and
paused to look out the glass door before exiting so I could ascertain
what 'enemy' I was about to engage but, rather than an 'enemy', I saw
the dog trapped upside down, kicking wildly, underneath an aluminum
slider and plastic lawn chair piled on top each with him yelping in
terror because he couldn't get the dern things to flip off. Although,
he managed to kick himself sideways off the deck just as I opened the
door.

Fortunately, after a brief paw lick inspection he was fine but how in
the world he got himself trapped was a mystery until a few weeks
later, during another 'entertainment' exercise of toss the planter
pot, it landed on one of the plastic chair seats. I heard the thump
and when I looked out could see him trying to retrieve it through the
side arm it was too large to pass but the clincher was his 'tactic'.
He'd delicately grab the edge of the pot and then, in one near
instantaneous combined maneuver.... jerk-let-go-jump-back-real-quick.
Approach it again, delicately grab the edge then....
jerk-let-go-jump-back-real-quick.

LOL

The "great disaster" was apparently the result of his previous
'mistake' in pulling the dern chair by the 'stuck' planter pot across
the deck, eventually backing himself and the chair into the slider
causing the combined mess to topple over himself, and he wasn't about
to let that sneaky *&&*% chair do that again so: grab the pot then...
jerk-let-go-jump-back-real-quick.

Reminded me of Wile E Coyote in a Road Runner cartoon.

I retrieved the planter pot for him and he just doesn't mess with
those lawn chairs any more. Too darn sneaky.

Dogs: The original "Home Entertainment Center"

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.