Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default Liberals are village idiots...

Liberals are village idiots...

In their various marches against the new AZ "illegals" law, they're
calling for a boycott against "Arizona Iced Tea"...

The Arizona Beverage Company is a producer of various flavors of iced
tea, juice cocktails and energy drinks... based in Queens, New York
:-]

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 10:16:23 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Liberals are village idiots...

In their various marches against the new AZ "illegals" law, they're
calling for a boycott against "Arizona Iced Tea"...

The Arizona Beverage Company is a producer of various flavors of iced
tea, juice cocktails and energy drinks... based in Queens, New York
:-]

Erect strawman. Decapitate. Repeat.

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Liberals are village idiots...

In their various marches against the new AZ "illegals" law, they're
calling for a boycott against "Arizona Iced Tea"...

The Arizona Beverage Company is a producer of various flavors of iced
tea, juice cocktails and energy drinks... based in Queens, New York
:-]

...Jim Thompson

Thank you, you've made my day!!!
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message
Liberals are village idiots...

Be careful.
Village idiots around the globe are taking umbrage at your statement.
Art

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 13:21:26 -0700, "Artemus"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message
.. .
Liberals are village idiots...

Be careful.
Village idiots around the globe are taking umbrage at your statement.
Art

Boxes of umbrage, but what will then do with it?

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message
. ..
Liberals are village idiots...

Be careful.
Village idiots around the globe are taking umbrage at your statement.
Art

Boxes of umbrage, but what will then do with it?

Feed it to their ilk?

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 00:09:07 -0400, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:

Feed it to their ilk?

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Can you milk an ilk???

Jim
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 09:21:53 -0700, RST Engineering
wrote:

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 00:09:07 -0400, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:

Feed it to their ilk?

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Can you milk an ilk???

Jim

That's been known to irk them.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message ...
Liberals are village idiots...

In their various marches against the new AZ "illegals" law, they're
calling for a boycott against "Arizona Iced Tea"...

The Arizona Beverage Company is a producer of various flavors of iced
tea, juice cocktails and energy drinks... based in Queens, New York
:-]

...Jim Thompson

LOL!!!

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2945076/boycott_arizona_iced_tea_demand_opponents.html

Cheers

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Liberals are village idiots...

In their various marches against the new AZ "illegals" law, they're
calling for a boycott against "Arizona Iced Tea"...

The Arizona Beverage Company is a producer of various flavors of iced
tea, juice cocktails and energy drinks... based in Queens, New York
:-]

...Jim Thompson

That reminds me of "New York Texas Toast" which, I believe, is a
hanging offense in Texas.

There's a salsa _made_in_New_Jersey_. Some other brand derided them,
playing highly on "_made_in_New_Jersey_" in their commercial. The
State of New Jersey actually sued. Now the commercial says
"_New_York_" :-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Liberals are village idiots...

In their various marches against the new AZ "illegals" law, they're
calling for a boycott against "Arizona Iced Tea"...

The Arizona Beverage Company is a producer of various flavors of iced
tea, juice cocktails and energy drinks... based in Queens, New York
:-]

...Jim Thompson

That reminds me of "New York Texas Toast" which, I believe, is a
hanging offense in Texas.

There's a salsa _made_in_New_Jersey_. Some other brand derided them,
playing highly on "_made_in_New_Jersey_" in their commercial. The
State of New Jersey actually sued. Now the commercial says
"_New_York_" :-)

...Jim Thompson

My favourite brand comes from Vermont...it's called "Green Mountain Gringo".

Feature it.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"flipper" wrote in message

wrote:

Liberals are village idiots...

In their various marches against the new AZ "illegals" law, they're
calling for a boycott against "Arizona Iced Tea"...

The Arizona Beverage Company is a producer of various flavors of iced
tea, juice cocktails and energy drinks... based in Queens, New York
:-]

...Jim Thompson

That reminds me of "New York Texas Toast" which, I believe, is a
hanging offense in Texas.

There's a salsa _made_in_New_Jersey_.

Pace.

The parent company Campbell's (since 1995) is headquartered in New
Jersey but Pace is made in Paris Texas.

I was, of course, parodying the Pace commercial where the cowhands
discover cookie is trying to serve them an obviously inferior picante
sauce and when one looks at the bottle he exclaims: "made in NEW york
CITY?"

"Get a rope."

The "New York Texas Toast" label was sent to me by a friend in
Rochester, New York that I had told, among other Texas legends,
etiquette (like never ask someone if they're from Texas. If there are
you'll find out soon enough and if they aren't you don't want to
embarrass them) and facts, the Pace commercial.

It gets even better because "New York" brand is apparently made in
Ohio.

Some other brand derided them,
playing highly on "_made_in_New_Jersey_" in their commercial. The
State of New Jersey actually sued. Now the commercial says
"_New_York_" :-)

I did laugh when 'cookie' was hog tied to the hood (if I recall correctly).

There are several hot sauces manufactured in Buda Texas that are very good.
Pace was never very good...it's a 'use it if nothing else is available'
sauce.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"flipper" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 17:37:41 -0500, "Jon" wrote:

. ..

wrote:

[...]

Oh man, I'd never get into an argument with a Texan about what makes
good salsa. That's as dangerous as bringing up beans in the chili and
damn fools that don't cook with mesquite.

Haha! Not a problem...but your right, bean do not belong in chili.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 15:28:34 -0500, "Jon" wrote:

Haha! Not a problem...but your right, bean do not belong in chili.

You're an idiot.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

[...]

I liked the package of peanuts with the warning label: 'Caution!
This product processed on machines used with peanuts!'

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

[...]

Because about 1-in-200 are allergic to peanuts, ALL nut products not
processed on dedicated equipment must bear the warning:

MANUFACTURED ON EQUIPMENT THAT
PROCESSES PEANUT, OTHER TREE NUTS

In out leftist world, the problem is best solved by no longer offering
peanuts on airplanes.

There's actually a law in Arizona forbidding the planting of olive
trees, because some people are allergic to the pollen. Everyone
ignores the law ;-)

It is a natural human condition to get angry over our own personal
failings and incompetent actions. But an interesting difference shows
up when we compare political persuasion, right versus left. Those on
the right get angry with themselves and attempt to correct the error
of their ways. Those on the left also get angry, but look for someone
else to blame.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

[...]

I know that but if you open a package of peanuts, you expect peanuts.

In out leftist world, the problem is best solved by no longer offering
peanuts on airplanes.

There's actually a law in Arizona forbidding the planting of olive
trees, because some people are allergic to the pollen. Everyone
ignores the law ;-)

It is a natural human condition to get angry over our own personal
failings and incompetent actions. But an interesting difference shows
up when we compare political persuasion, right versus left. Those on
the right get angry with themselves and attempt to correct the error
of their ways. Those on the left also get angry, but look for someone
else to blame.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
It is a natural human condition to get angry over our own personal
failings and incompetent actions.

Yes, although I don't think I'd really call being allergic to peanuts (or
anything else) a personal failing. :-)

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

[...]

When it comes to 'peanut' warnings my favorites are bags of peanuts
that warn they contain peanuts.

Ya think?

In this day and age of artificial flavors I suppose it could be 'fake'
peanuts but if one were allergic I'd imagine 'peanuts in there' would
be a natural first guess for a package of peanuts.

These silly ones get on there as a result of 'corporate policy' akin
to: "any food product which may contain peanut or peanut byproducts,
or may contain a non-peanut product that may have come into contact
with peanuts, peanut byproducts, or may have contacted machinery that
may have contacted peanuts or peanut byproducts, shall include the
following warning insert legal department approved warning text
prominently displayed on the label."

Well, a package of peanuts certainly qualifies and woe be to anyone
who tries to argue, though 14 layers of management, "it's obvious" to
the legal department because no one ever got sued for the inclusion of
an 'obvious' warning.

Another one is the manual for a battery powered tool. It tells you
to use a 14 AWG or heavier extension cord, when the charger only draws
230 mA.
have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

flipper wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Another all time favorite.

Nytol Sleep Aid: Warning: May cause drowsiness.

One would hope SO.

I also kind of like this practical emergency safety procedure posted
at summer camp: In case of flood, proceed uphill. In case of flash
flood proceed uphill quickly.

And another useful tip on an American Airlines packet of nuts:
Instructions: open packet, eat nuts.

I'll bet there's a policy to always include "instructions" so what
else could you say? Except, perhaps, to add: curse at near impossible
to open package... pick up spilled nuts....

But this one on a Swedish chain saw makes one wonder what law suit
inspired the warning: Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or
genitals.

You never know with the Swiss. I wonder if that's what inspired them
to create IKEA? ;-)

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...

That reminds me of "New York Texas Toast" which, I believe, is a
hanging offense in Texas.

Hmm, I never heard that particular toast and I've lived in Texas 54 years.

There's a salsa _made_in_New_Jersey_. Some other brand derided them,
playing highly on "_made_in_New_Jersey_" in their commercial. The
State of New Jersey actually sued. Now the commercial says
"_New_York_" :-)

Really? Was the brand not actually made in New Jersey?