Robatoy

Default OT, my kind of humour.

I had to share this one...

During a major International Beer Brewers Conference, a few of the
attendees decided to step out for a few beers.
Once at the local pub, the rep for Budweiser orders a Bud.
The rep for Miller orders a Miller.
The rep for Coors orders a Coors
The rep for Heineken orders a Coke.
When asked why he ordered a Coke, he replied:
"well, you guys weren't going to be drinking beer, so I decided I
wouldn't either.
Todd Fatheree

"Robatoy" wrote in message
I had to share this one...

During a major International Beer Brewers Conference, a few of the
attendees decided to step out for a few beers.
Once at the local pub, the rep for Budweiser orders a Bud.
The rep for Miller orders a Miller.
The rep for Coors orders a Coors
The rep for Heineken orders a Coke.
When asked why he ordered a Coke, he replied:
"well, you guys weren't going to be drinking beer, so I decided I
wouldn't either.

I'd rather have a Coke than a Heineken. Heineken is about 5% better (IMO)
than the large brand American lagers, and that isn't saying much. If you
have to have a pilsner, have a Pilsner Urquell. I stick with stouts myself.

todd

Silvan

Robatoy wrote:

I don't drink Heineken either...it tastes skunky to me.

Yeah, very. Bleah.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
Junkyard Jim

Since we are talking about "thinkin' fluid"....
Try Spaten Optimator.
Man can live on beer alone, as long as it's thick and dark.
I can't promise any weight loss on the Hydraulic Diet, but it sure
tastes good.
Spaten has been in the brew biz since the 14th century, they have had a
lot of practice.

Swingman

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
In article
says...
My preference in order:
Grolsch
Sleeman's Honey Brown
Alexander Keith's

Mine:
any porter
any stout
Newcastle brown ale.
Dopplebock

The darker the color, the better the beer :-).

Funny how beer snobbery is regional. When I was in Northern Territories of
Australia in the 60's "real men" would only drink "Swan Lager"; in London
shortly thereafter it was "Watney's Red Barrel"; and when in Yorkshire this
past summer, apparently the only beer a "real man" would dare drink was
"Ward's" ... all good beers.

My SIL, a 14 stone Yorkshire rugby player, and not overly fond of 'yanks'
despite the fact that he married one, acted surprised that I liked "Wards".
I offered him, only half-jokingly, the opportunity to try and kick my ass if
he thought there was any doubt I was serious (we'd had a more than a few
Ward's by then) ... he declined.

Good to know my daughter picked an intelligent individual to father my
grandkids.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

Robatoy

In article ,
"Swingman" wrote:

Funny how beer snobbery is regional.

I have decided that the best beer is going to be my next beer.
No matter where I might be at the time.

0¿0

Junkyard Jim wrote:
Since we are talking about "thinkin' fluid"....
Try Spaten Optimator.
Man can live on beer alone, as long as it's thick and dark.
I can't promise any weight loss on the Hydraulic Diet, but it sure
tastes good.
Spaten has been in the brew biz since the 14th century, they have had

lot of practice.

I don't want to wash the sawdust down after a hard day with a beer they
serve by the slice g. Particularly at room temperature. Time and
place for everything, though, right?

-Phil Crow

Swingman

I said:

Funny how beer snobbery is regional.

What region am I being snobbish about?

None that I saw from you, as the remark was neither directed at you, nor
your beer choices ... but you certainly can't argue with the premise.
Remember the 'cachet' of the horse **** known as "Coors", when you could
_only_ buy it in Colorado?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

Badger

Larry Blanchard wrote:
Mine:
any porter
any stout
Newcastle brown ale.
Dopplebock

Hummm::
Ballards Cunning Stunts Strong Ale
Martsons Old Empire
Old Luxters Jubilee Ale
George Gales HSB (Horndean Special Bitter)

http://www.bottledbeer.co.uk/ and search for fagan under reviewer.

Niel.

J T

Sun, Feb 13, 2005, 9:11pm (EST+5) (Badger)
says:
Hummm::
Ballards Cunning Stunts Strong Ale
Martsons Old Empire
Old Luxters Jubilee Ale
George Gales HSB (Horndean Special Bitter)
http://www.bottledbeer.co.uk/ and search for fagan under reviewer.

OK, my all time favorite.
http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofal...RLDFAMOUSBEER/

JOAT
Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.
- David Fasold

Prometheus

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 19:57:35 -0600, "Todd Fatheree"
wrote:

"Robatoy" wrote in message
I had to share this one...

During a major International Beer Brewers Conference, a few of the
attendees decided to step out for a few beers.
Once at the local pub, the rep for Budweiser orders a Bud.
The rep for Miller orders a Miller.
The rep for Coors orders a Coors
The rep for Heineken orders a Coke.
When asked why he ordered a Coke, he replied:
"well, you guys weren't going to be drinking beer, so I decided I
wouldn't either.

I'd rather have a Coke than a Heineken. Heineken is about 5% better (IMO)
than the large brand American lagers, and that isn't saying much. If you
have to have a pilsner, have a Pilsner Urquell. I stick with stouts myself.

I agree- Heineken is some skunky stuff. Personally, I like Bass Ale
when I do drink (not so often these days)

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
Lew Hodgett

Somebody wrote:

I agree- Heineken is some skunky stuff.

You would dare such sacrilege about "The Little Greenie"

I've actually increased my drinking lately - from one drink a day (wine
with a meal) to two (a shot of Scotch in my tea). When warm weather
gets here I'll replace the Scotch with stout :-).

Lots less than I drank in my younger days, but now they say a little
alcohol is good for you (2 a day for men, 1 for women).

It's not often something pleasant to drink is declared good for you. I
really hate 1% and skim milk :-).

I practice rather a strict ritual regarding liquids entering my body
that I describe as "THE TEMPLE".

From the time I get up in the morning until noon, it is black coffee.

From noon until 5:00 PM, it is skim milk. (Butter fat I don't need)

After 5:00 PM, it is either beer or single malt scotch with or without
Drambuie. (I love "Rusty Nails", "Bloomer Dropers" or "Knuckle Heads"
which are all names for the same thing)

You will see that nowhere will you find what I call "Whale Juice", AKA:
Sugar water with carbonation.

If it works for you, you are welcome to use it.

If it doesn't.....

Lew
Doug Miller

In article , Larry Blanchard wrote:

Lots less than I drank in my younger days, but now they say a little
alcohol is good for you (2 a day for men, 1 for women).

Ayup. Friend of mine from church is a pathologist. He says they never, *ever*
see coronary artery disease in alcoholics -- do a post on a 70-year-old
alcoholic, and his heart looks like a teenager's. However, the liver, spleen,
kidneys, and brain are a different story.

--
Regards,

Robatoy

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

Please, oh, please! Don't tell me that's Vegemite Beer.

LOL...noo...it is Victoria Bitter

Vegemite Beer....wait till I forward this one...VBG
Robatoy

In article t,
Lew Hodgett wrote:

[snipperectomy]

After 5:00 PM, it is either beer or single malt scotch with or without
Drambuie. (I love "Rusty Nails", "Bloomer Dropers" or "Knuckle Heads"
which are all names for the same thing)

We call those Kilt Lifters around here...great at breakfast.
Rick Cook

I said:

Funny how beer snobbery is regional.

What region am I being snobbish about?

None that I saw from you, as the remark was neither directed at you, nor
your beer choices ... but you certainly can't argue with the premise.
Remember the 'cachet' of the horse **** known as "Coors", when you could
_only_ buy it in Colorado?

To be perfectly accurate, you could buy that horse **** in most of the
Western states. We could get it here in Arizona, for example.

The favorite swill of the young and the clueless when I was growing up.

--RC (who acquired a taste for Guiness at a very early age.)
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Rick Cook wrote:
The favorite swill of the young and the clueless when I was growing up.

--RC (who acquired a taste for Guiness at a very early age.)

Having traveled to the beautiful city of Dublin at an earlier age doing research
for the (no ****!) "Ethnography of the Irish Pub", a guided independent study I
undertook in college, I have observed the River Liffe which flows through that
city. Reminding me muchly of the pristine waters of Boston harbor before the
cleanup, you couldn't pay me to drink that stuff. I've been to the Guiness
brewery in Dublin and despite all denials, swear they draw their water from the
Liffe. Look at their stout; you can practically see the chunks floating in it!

Try Harp Lager instead. It tastes great, enlarges ones testicles, and won't gag
a maggot. Trust me.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Rick Cook

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:
Rick Cook wrote:

The favorite swill of the young and the clueless when I was growing up.

--RC (who acquired a taste for Guiness at a very early age.)

Having traveled to the beautiful city of Dublin at an earlier age doing research
for the (no ****!) "Ethnography of the Irish Pub", a guided independent study I
undertook in college, I have observed the River Liffe which flows through that
city. Reminding me muchly of the pristine waters of Boston harbor before the
cleanup, you couldn't pay me to drink that stuff. I've been to the Guiness
brewery in Dublin and despite all denials, swear they draw their water from the
Liffe. Look at their stout; you can practically see the chunks floating in it!

Try Harp Lager instead. It tastes great, enlarges ones testicles, and won't gag
a maggot. Trust me.

You forgot the seagulls, which **** in the river. Since they drive away
pigeons, the statutes in downtown Dublin are remarkably clean.

Harp ain't bad, but I'll take a good, strong stout or porter any day.

--RC
Swingman

"Rick Cook" wrote in message
news

I said:

Funny how beer snobbery is regional.

What region am I being snobbish about?

None that I saw from you, as the remark was neither directed at you, nor
your beer choices ... but you certainly can't argue with the premise.
Remember the 'cachet' of the horse **** known as "Coors", when you could
_only_ buy it in Colorado?

To be perfectly accurate, you could buy that horse **** in most of the
Western states. We could get it here in Arizona, for example.

The favorite swill of the young and the clueless when I was growing up.

Hell, there was nothing worth speaking of _West_ of Texas when I was
growing up.

We had three kinds of young men at A&M while it was still all male back in
the early 60's: Them that made it down to Mexico to buy drugs, drink Dos
Equis and get laid once a month; the business majors who never got laid
because they were too busy driving to Colorado to buy Coors for resale to
the teasips up in Austin; and us Engineers, who drank Pearl and drove to La
Grange three times a week to get laid at what became known as the "Best
Little Whorehouse in Texas", for a total outlay of $18 ... times were hard
and so were we.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

Larry Jaques

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 21:54:20 -0500, the inscrutable Robatoy
spake:

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

Please, oh, please! Don't tell me that's Vegemite Beer.

LOL...noo...it is Victoria Bitter

Vegemite Beer....wait till I forward this one...VBG

shrug Both sound disgusting. Since I quit drinking, I often
smell beer on someone's breath and wonder "How did I -ever-
palate that stuff? ICK!"

----------------------------------
VIRTUE...is its own punishment
http://www.diversify.com Website Applications

Frank Stutzman

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

Having traveled to the beautiful city of Dublin at an earlier age doing research
for the (no ****!) "Ethnography of the Irish Pub", a guided independent study I
undertook in college, I have observed the River Liffe which flows through that
city. Reminding me muchly of the pristine waters of Boston harbor before the
cleanup, you couldn't pay me to drink that stuff. I've been to the Guiness
brewery in Dublin and despite all denials, swear they draw their water from the
Liffe. Look at their stout; you can practically see the chunks floating in it!

I used to like Heineken.

Then I took a business trip to Amsterdam. On my spare weekend I took a canal tour
of the city. Saw the Anne Frank house and lots of other historic places. The thing
that shocked me was how polluted the canals were. I was mentioning this to a friend
while we were riding along when we turned the corner of a canal and saw the Heineken
brewery (one of them? I have no idea if they have more than one).

I really doubt the Heineken brewery uses water from the canal. But since then
whenever I see their green bottles in the store, I think of the canals and reach for
something else.

Lately, I've been pretty fond of the Missoula Brewing Companies "Moose Drool".
Wouldn't have tried it, but my six-yearold liked the label and insisted we buy it.
Dang that kid has good tastes in beer ;-)

--
Frank Stutzman

Gerald Ross

Badger wrote:

Ballards Cunning Stunts Strong Ale

I'd never order that in public. Every time I try to say it,
it comes out wrong.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Never let your willpower get the best
of you.

Dave Hinz

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:58:23 -0500, Gerald Ross wrote:
Badger wrote:

Ballards Cunning Stunts Strong Ale

I'd never order that in public. Every time I try to say it,
it comes out wrong.

Especially after the first one?

Nate Perkins

Rick Cook wrote in
et:

Harp ain't bad, but I'll take a good, strong stout or porter any day.

If you like stouts and porters, try the microbrews from Bridgeport ... they
have a good Porter and a fair stout (marketed as "Black Strap Stout").

If you have a few extra bucks, Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter (from England)
is a great brew.

George

"Gerald Ross" wrote in message
Badger wrote:

Ballards Cunning Stunts Strong Ale

I'd never order that in public. Every time I try to say it,
it comes out wrong.

Ah yes. The difference between a tribe of pygmies and a women's track
team....

njf>badger

Gerald Ross wrote:
Badger wrote:
Ballards Cunning Stunts Strong Ale

I'd never order that in public. Every time I try to say it, it comes out
wrong.

Twas a limited edition English civil war regt. beer, I have one still
waiting for me, along with a Bass yeast beasts brew, for the restart of
my homebrewery....I need that good yeast!