Luigi Zanasi

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 05:21:42 +0000, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Kevin wrote:

Walked into a bar in Victoria, Canada back in the mid 80's when
Moosehead was faddish in the States, and ordered a couple.

Bartender replied, "We don't drink that **** out West!"

A bit taken aback I asked what they DID have.

"Molsen. And you'll like it!" His tone seemed more of an order than
opinion.

Would that be "Golden" or another Molsen type?

Prolly Molson Canadian. It would have been Molson Export in Quebec. First
time I saw Molson Golden was in Vermont or upstate NY.

BTW Moosehead is brewed in Saint John, New Brunswick, just downstream of
the Irving paper mill. Pretty vile stuff, IMNSHO.

--
Luigi
Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email

Kevin

Swingman wrote:

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message

In article
says...

My preference in order:
Grolsch
Sleeman's Honey Brown
Alexander Keith's

Mine:
any porter
any stout
Newcastle brown ale.
Dopplebock

The darker the color, the better the beer :-).

Funny how beer snobbery is regional. When I was in Northern Territories of
Australia in the 60's "real men" would only drink "Swan Lager"; in London
shortly thereafter it was "Watney's Red Barrel"; and when in Yorkshire this
past summer, apparently the only beer a "real man" would dare drink was
"Ward's" ... all good beers.

My SIL, a 14 stone Yorkshire rugby player, and not overly fond of 'yanks'
despite the fact that he married one, acted surprised that I liked "Wards".
I offered him, only half-jokingly, the opportunity to try and kick my ass if
he thought there was any doubt I was serious (we'd had a more than a few
Ward's by then) ... he declined.

Good to know my daughter picked an intelligent individual to father my
grandkids.

Walked into a bar in Victoria, Canada back in the mid 80's when
Moosehead was faddish in the States, and ordered a couple.

Bartender replied, "We don't drink that **** out West!"

A bit taken aback I asked what they DID have.

"Molsen. And you'll like it!" His tone seemed more of an order than
opinion.

Larry Jaques

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 22:44:01 +0000, the inscrutable "Luigi Zanasi"
spake:

Would that be "Golden" or another Molsen type?

Prolly Molson Canadian. It would have been Molson Export in Quebec. First
time I saw Molson Golden was in Vermont or upstate NY.

BTW Moosehead is brewed in Saint John, New Brunswick, just downstream of
the Irving paper mill. Pretty vile stuff, IMNSHO.

Bear Whiz Beer - No wonder it's YELLOW!

"Boy, I feel safer now that Martha Stewart is behind bars!
O.J. is walking around free, Osama Bin Laden too, but they
take the one woman in America willing to cook and clean
and work in the yard and haul her ass to jail."
--Tim Allen
Dave Balderstone

In article , Larry Jaques
wrote:

Bear Whiz Beer - No wonder it's YELLOW!

The correct quote:

"As my Daddy said, "Son, it's in the water. That's why it's yellow!"

http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/wind...2094-2197431-W
MLO,00.html

Shoes for industry!