Robatoy

Default OT, my kind of humour.

I had to share this one...

During a major International Beer Brewers Conference, a few of the
attendees decided to step out for a few beers.
Once at the local pub, the rep for Budweiser orders a Bud.
The rep for Miller orders a Miller.
The rep for Coors orders a Coors
The rep for Heineken orders a Coke.
When asked why he ordered a Coke, he replied:
"well, you guys weren't going to be drinking beer, so I decided I
wouldn't either.
Todd Fatheree

"Robatoy" wrote in message
I had to share this one...

During a major International Beer Brewers Conference, a few of the
attendees decided to step out for a few beers.
Once at the local pub, the rep for Budweiser orders a Bud.
The rep for Miller orders a Miller.
The rep for Coors orders a Coors
The rep for Heineken orders a Coke.
When asked why he ordered a Coke, he replied:
"well, you guys weren't going to be drinking beer, so I decided I
wouldn't either.

I'd rather have a Coke than a Heineken. Heineken is about 5% better (IMO)
than the large brand American lagers, and that isn't saying much. If you
have to have a pilsner, have a Pilsner Urquell. I stick with stouts myself.

todd

Silvan

Robatoy wrote:

I don't drink Heineken either...it tastes skunky to me.

Yeah, very. Bleah.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
Swingman

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
In article
says...
My preference in order:
Grolsch
Sleeman's Honey Brown
Alexander Keith's

Mine:
any porter
any stout
Newcastle brown ale.
Dopplebock

The darker the color, the better the beer :-).

Funny how beer snobbery is regional. When I was in Northern Territories of
Australia in the 60's "real men" would only drink "Swan Lager"; in London
shortly thereafter it was "Watney's Red Barrel"; and when in Yorkshire this
past summer, apparently the only beer a "real man" would dare drink was
"Ward's" ... all good beers.

My SIL, a 14 stone Yorkshire rugby player, and not overly fond of 'yanks'
despite the fact that he married one, acted surprised that I liked "Wards".
I offered him, only half-jokingly, the opportunity to try and kick my ass if
he thought there was any doubt I was serious (we'd had a more than a few
Ward's by then) ... he declined.

Good to know my daughter picked an intelligent individual to father my
grandkids.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

Badger

Larry Blanchard wrote:
Mine:
any porter
any stout
Newcastle brown ale.
Dopplebock

Hummm::
Ballards Cunning Stunts Strong Ale
Martsons Old Empire
Old Luxters Jubilee Ale
George Gales HSB (Horndean Special Bitter)

http://www.bottledbeer.co.uk/ and search for fagan under reviewer.

Niel.
Prometheus

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 19:57:35 -0600, "Todd Fatheree"
wrote:

"Robatoy" wrote in message
I had to share this one...

During a major International Beer Brewers Conference, a few of the
attendees decided to step out for a few beers.
Once at the local pub, the rep for Budweiser orders a Bud.
The rep for Miller orders a Miller.
The rep for Coors orders a Coors
The rep for Heineken orders a Coke.
When asked why he ordered a Coke, he replied:
"well, you guys weren't going to be drinking beer, so I decided I
wouldn't either.

I'd rather have a Coke than a Heineken. Heineken is about 5% better (IMO)
than the large brand American lagers, and that isn't saying much. If you
have to have a pilsner, have a Pilsner Urquell. I stick with stouts myself.

I agree- Heineken is some skunky stuff. Personally, I like Bass Ale
when I do drink (not so often these days)

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
Lew Hodgett

Somebody wrote:

I agree- Heineken is some skunky stuff.

You would dare such sacrilege about "The Little Greenie"

I've actually increased my drinking lately - from one drink a day (wine
with a meal) to two (a shot of Scotch in my tea). When warm weather
gets here I'll replace the Scotch with stout :-).

Lots less than I drank in my younger days, but now they say a little
alcohol is good for you (2 a day for men, 1 for women).

It's not often something pleasant to drink is declared good for you. I
really hate 1% and skim milk :-).

I practice rather a strict ritual regarding liquids entering my body
that I describe as "THE TEMPLE".

From the time I get up in the morning until noon, it is black coffee.

From noon until 5:00 PM, it is skim milk. (Butter fat I don't need)

After 5:00 PM, it is either beer or single malt scotch with or without
Drambuie. (I love "Rusty Nails", "Bloomer Dropers" or "Knuckle Heads"
which are all names for the same thing)

You will see that nowhere will you find what I call "Whale Juice", AKA:
Sugar water with carbonation.

If it works for you, you are welcome to use it.

If it doesn't.....

Lew
Robatoy

In article t,
Lew Hodgett wrote:

[snipperectomy]

After 5:00 PM, it is either beer or single malt scotch with or without
Drambuie. (I love "Rusty Nails", "Bloomer Dropers" or "Knuckle Heads"
which are all names for the same thing)

We call those Kilt Lifters around here...great at breakfast.

Doug Miller

In article , Larry Blanchard wrote:

Lots less than I drank in my younger days, but now they say a little
alcohol is good for you (2 a day for men, 1 for women).

Ayup. Friend of mine from church is a pathologist. He says they never, *ever*
see coronary artery disease in alcoholics -- do a post on a 70-year-old
alcoholic, and his heart looks like a teenager's. However, the liver, spleen,
kidneys, and brain are a different story.

--
Regards,

Junkyard Jim

Since we are talking about "thinkin' fluid"....
Try Spaten Optimator.
Man can live on beer alone, as long as it's thick and dark.
I can't promise any weight loss on the Hydraulic Diet, but it sure
tastes good.
Spaten has been in the brew biz since the 14th century, they have had a
lot of practice.

Junkyard Jim wrote:
Since we are talking about "thinkin' fluid"....
Try Spaten Optimator.
Man can live on beer alone, as long as it's thick and dark.
I can't promise any weight loss on the Hydraulic Diet, but it sure
tastes good.
Spaten has been in the brew biz since the 14th century, they have had

lot of practice.

I don't want to wash the sawdust down after a hard day with a beer they
serve by the slice g. Particularly at room temperature. Time and
place for everything, though, right?

-Phil Crow