Swingman

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
In article
says...
My preference in order:
Grolsch
Sleeman's Honey Brown
Alexander Keith's

Mine:
any porter
any stout
Newcastle brown ale.
Dopplebock

The darker the color, the better the beer :-).

Funny how beer snobbery is regional. When I was in Northern Territories of
Australia in the 60's "real men" would only drink "Swan Lager"; in London
shortly thereafter it was "Watney's Red Barrel"; and when in Yorkshire this
past summer, apparently the only beer a "real man" would dare drink was
"Ward's" ... all good beers.

My SIL, a 14 stone Yorkshire rugby player, and not overly fond of 'yanks'
despite the fact that he married one, acted surprised that I liked "Wards".
I offered him, only half-jokingly, the opportunity to try and kick my ass if
he thought there was any doubt I was serious (we'd had a more than a few
Ward's by then) ... he declined.

Good to know my daughter picked an intelligent individual to father my
grandkids.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04