Leon

Default Yave you done this yet?

Ok, to bring you up to speed I am in the middle of gluing up 4 solid Oak
table legs. 3.5" wide and gluing 5, 3/4" thick pieces to make the legs
relatively square. Basically 448 square inches of glue on each leg.
Before I got started I used my new gallon of TBII to top off my wide mouth
ProBond glue bottle. Not a problem, I have done this many times before.
The ProBond bottle of glue has been setting up for a while because I have
been using the free case of TBIII that Franklin sent me near the end of last
summer. The first leg glue goes fine but as I am working on the 3 piece of
the second leg the glue stops coming out of the bottle. I squeeze a little
harder and a little more comes out. Then the glue gets kinda thick. Then
it stops. Then I squeeze a little harder. Then the top of the bottle pops
off and about 12 oz. of glue spills out on my project, down inside the front
rail of my TS fence, and across my left shoe. Also down inside the gap
between the TS extension table and front fence rail under a big gob of glue
is my favorite utility knife.
20 minutes later the mess was cleaned up and I was back to gluing up the
legs. I did not even get mad.

Groggy

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 21:08:31 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

[...]

It never "just falls on the floor". Curse you Murphy!
patrick conroy

"Leon" wrote in message
. com...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............

the free case of TBIII that Franklin sent me

Gzzt! Snort! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???
A drive by?

Pounds on Wood

"Leon" wrote in message
. com...
20 minutes later the mess was cleaned up and I was back to gluing up the
legs. I did not even get mad.

You really should get mad. It's not good to bottle (PI) it up like that.

--
********
Bill Pounds

skeezics

wrote:

[...]

leon you need to come by later and clean the cup o hot chocolate off
my keyboard :-] ONE more push otta do it!!! lmao

skeez
Leon

"Pounds on Wood" wrote in message

You really should get mad. It's not good to bottle (PI) it up like that.

You know Bill at 50 I have come to the realization that life is nothing but
a series of lessons. I figure that I have learned something here and should
not get up set. I just enjoy being suscssfully retired for 10 years now and
working out in the shop. I do how ever wonder what today's lesson was.
It'll come to me I am sure. ;~)

--
********
Bill Pounds

Knothead

Leon says:
You know Bill at 50 I have come to the realization that life is nothing but
a series of lessons. I figure that I have learned something here and should
not get up set. I just enjoy being suscssfully retired for 10 years now and
working out in the shop. I do how ever wonder what today's lesson was.
It'll come to me I am sure. ;~)

You retired at 40? Not for physical reasons I hope. I keep looking at my ss
statement from da gubmint and they keep telling
me how much I'll make if I work til 70... Damn

Leon

"Knothead" wrote in message
Leon says:
You know Bill at 50 I have come to the realization that life is nothing
but
a series of lessons. I figure that I have learned something here and
should
not get up set. I just enjoy being suscssfully retired for 10 years now
and
working out in the shop. I do how ever wonder what today's lesson was.
It'll come to me I am sure. ;~)

You retired at 40? Not for physical reasons I hope. I keep looking at my
ss
statement from da gubmint and they keep telling
me how much I'll make if I work til 70... Damn

Very fortunately in good health.
The SS statement is designed to sell you on waiting longer. Keep in mind
that you will be 8 years of payments ahead of the game if you start at 62.
IIRC odds are that if you die at the age that average person dies at you
will get more money if you start at 62 with a lesser amount than the 70
amount. Now that is looking at it from a perspective of some one that can
do with out SS.

jo4hn

Leon wrote:
[snip] The first leg glue goes fine but as I am working on the 3 piece of
the second leg the glue stops coming out of the bottle. I squeeze a little
harder and a little more comes out. Then the glue gets kinda thick. Then
it stops. Then I squeeze a little harder. Then the top of the bottle pops
off and about 12 oz. of glue spills out on my project, down inside the front
rail of my TS fence, and across my left shoe. Also down inside the gap
between the TS extension table and front fence rail under a big gob of glue
is my favorite utility knife.

I have a bottle of TBII that is a year or so old. Lately I have noticed
that the glue clumps and won't come out of the bottle elegantly. I
remove the top of the bottle, ream it out with a 6d nail, and it works
fine for a while. I blamed the age of the glue and/or the nighttime
temperature in the shop (about 45-50 dF). Any similarities there to
your situation?

20 minutes later the mess was cleaned up and I was back to gluing up the
legs. I did not even get mad.

This qualifies you for canonization by the Church of the Random
Variable. Another 20 bucks gets you sainthood. :-)
mahalo,
jo4hn

mac davis

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 14:51:24 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

You retired at 40? Not for physical reasons I hope. I keep looking at my
ss
statement from da gubmint and they keep telling
me how much I'll make if I work til 70... Damn

Very fortunately in good health.
The SS statement is designed to sell you on waiting longer. Keep in mind
that you will be 8 years of payments ahead of the game if you start at 62.
IIRC odds are that if you die at the age that average person dies at you
will get more money if you start at 62 with a lesser amount than the 70
amount. Now that is looking at it from a perspective of some one that can
do with out SS.

yeah, I just finished that calculation myself..

If I bet against myself and wait until 65, I'll get about $300 a month
more than if I take it at 62 (4 more years)...

In return for waiting another 3 years and getting more bucks, I'm
loaning SS $3,600 interest free in order to get $300 more a month
later... not what I see as a good investment OR a good bet..
I'll take it at 62..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Leon

"mac davis" wrote in message
yeah, I just finished that calculation myself..

If I bet against myself and wait until 65, I'll get about $300 a month
more than if I take it at 62 (4 more years)...

In return for waiting another 3 years and getting more bucks, I'm
loaning SS $3,600 interest free in order to get $300 more a month
later... not what I see as a good investment OR a good bet..
I'll take it at 62..

Actually the interest on $3600 is squat when you consider this.
I can get SS at 62 at $300 less than if I wait till 66. I have to wait
until 66 for the next increment.
Considering this I will have to wait until I am 78 years and 3 months old
until the age 66 larger amount actually matches the amount paid out by the
age 62 amount. It literally takes 16 years and 3 months for the age 66 pay
out to match the age 62 amount paid.
Additionally you are figuring your interest wrong. You should be figuring
interest on all of the first payment and each payment starting at age 62 .

Tim Douglass

wrote:

The SS statement is designed to sell you on waiting longer. Keep in mind
that you will be 8 years of payments ahead of the game if you start at 62.
IIRC odds are that if you die at the age that average person dies at you
will get more money if you start at 62 with a lesser amount than the 70
amount. Now that is looking at it from a perspective of some one that can
do with out SS.

It's not really the total amount you receive that counts, it is
whether or not the monthly payment is adequate for your needs. I think
I will need to work to about 100+ in order to retire at a high enough
payment to survive - so my current plan is work 'til I die.

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com
Pounds on Wood

"Tim Douglass" wrote in message

- so my current plan is work 'til I die.

How's that workin out so far?

Myself, I plan to live forever. And that is working out great, so far.
--
********
Bill Pounds

Swingman

"Leon" wrote in message

You retired at 40? Not for physical reasons I hope. I keep looking at my
ss
statement from da gubmint and they keep telling
me how much I'll make if I work til 70... Damn

Very fortunately in good health.

I can attest to that. The man't got a grip like a vise ... and I'd broken
the little finger on my right hand about a month before I met Leon ... ouch!
;)

The SS statement is designed to sell you on waiting longer. Keep in mind
that you will be 8 years of payments ahead of the game if you start at 62.
IIRC odds are that if you die at the age that average person dies at you
will get more money if you start at 62 with a lesser amount than the 70
amount. Now that is looking at it from a perspective of some one that

can
do with out SS.

Educate me ... I am fast approaching that decision in about 7 months and my
poor brain is too tired at the moment to figure it out.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

Leon

"Swingman" wrote in message

Educate me ... I am fast approaching that decision in about 7 months and
my
poor brain is too tired at the moment to figure it out.

This assumes you are not dependent on SS or do not need all of the SS check
to survive.

Lets assume you will draw $950 a month at age 62 and $1250 per month at age
66.
Basically you will be drawing $950 per month, 48 months earlier than if you
wait until age 66 to draw $1250. That equates out to $45,600 that SS will
pay you between the age of 62 and 66. You will continue to draw that amount
until you die.

If you wait until age 66 to start drawing you will get $300 more per month
but basically you will be $45,600 behind in payments compared to having
started receiving payments at age 62.

With these figures it will take 16 years and 4 months for the age 66 SS
payments to "about" equal the total amount paid out from the age 62 payment.

The age 66 SS payments total payout benefits start becoming better if you
live longer than 78 years and 3 months. Up until that age the $950 per
month for 16 years and 3 months is a greater amount, ($185,250.00) than
starting 4 years later at age 66 and getting 12 years and 3 months of
payments of $1250 per month., ($185,000).

That said, I know that your father has passed that age and you may very well
do that also. My father is 82 and in great health. But will SS be around
that long and or will you need as much income at age 79 as you will in those
years leading up to that age?

BTY I have a good friend/neighbor that I have known for about 24 years that
works for the SS office in SW Houston near Fondren and the SW Freeway. I
can ask her to keep an eye out for you if you would like.

Tim Douglass

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:17:42 -0800, "Pounds on Wood"
wrote:

"Tim Douglass" wrote in message

- so my current plan is work 'til I die.

How's that workin out so far?

Still workin' haven't died yet, so I guess I'm on a roll here.

Myself, I plan to live forever. And that is working out great, so far.

I'd go for that plan, but I don't want to have to work forever.

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com
Silvan

Knothead wrote:

You retired at 40? Not for physical reasons I hope. I keep looking at my
ss statement from da gubmint and they keep telling
me how much I'll make if I work til 70... Damn

Gonna be hard to live on $12.41 a month innit? Especially in 2042 when a
new econobox with a 2 cc engine will cost $147,300, a 2,000 sq. ft. home
will cost $397,000, the economy lunch special at Burger King will cost
$175.81, oh, and gas will be $24.82 a gallon.

Or maybe I'm being pessimistic.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
Silvan

Tim Douglass wrote:

It's not really the total amount you receive that counts, it is
whether or not the monthly payment is adequate for your needs. I think
I will need to work to about 100+ in order to retire at a high enough
payment to survive - so my current plan is work 'til I die.

I'm hoping to make a killing selling nekkit pictures of myself on the
internet so I can retire at 65. Anybody wanna see some nekkit pictures of
me? So far I'm having trouble with this plan because the cameras keep
breaking.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
Upscale

"Silvan" wrote in message

I'm hoping to make a killing selling nekkit pictures of myself on the
internet so I can retire at 65. Anybody wanna see some nekkit pictures of
me? So far I'm having trouble with this plan because the cameras keep
breaking.

Wrong approach. Sell the idea of what it will cost for you to NOT post those
pictures.

Charlie Self

Silvan responds:

Knothead wrote:

You retired at 40? Not for physical reasons I hope. I keep looking at my
ss statement from da gubmint and they keep telling
me how much I'll make if I work til 70... Damn

Gonna be hard to live on $12.41 a month innit? Especially in 2042 when a
new econobox with a 2 cc engine will cost $147,300, a 2,000 sq. ft. home
will cost $397,000, the economy lunch special at Burger King will cost
$175.81, oh, and gas will be $24.82 a gallon.

Or maybe I'm being pessimistic.

You think? My father went nuts when I bought a new Chevy convertible in '57.
Just under 3 grand. That was the 283, dual 4s, close ratio column 3 speed and
absolute **** for brakes and gas mileage, though that sucker would fly. He had
bought 2 new cars when he and my mother got married in '34: under a grand, well
under, and one was a car I'd kill for today, a rumble seat Ford coupe.

Of course, there are people today who will just about kill for that '57, but
that's a "been there, done that" and scared myself spitless a few times with
the handling and brakes. It was wonderful at 19, but not now.

Comparable car today? $45,000? Better, sure, but...

Charlie Self
"One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations rise above
that which is expected." George W. Bush
Charlie Self

Silvan responds:

Tim Douglass wrote:

It's not really the total amount you receive that counts, it is
whether or not the monthly payment is adequate for your needs. I think
I will need to work to about 100+ in order to retire at a high enough
payment to survive - so my current plan is work 'til I die.

I'm hoping to make a killing selling nekkit pictures of myself on the
internet so I can retire at 65. Anybody wanna see some nekkit pictures of
me? So far I'm having trouble with this plan because the cameras keep
breaking.

Bubba, I done seed your pixture with clothes in the Roanoke paper one day. No
thanks. I'll look at pixture of ME nekkid first.

Charlie Self
"One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations rise above
that which is expected." George W. Bush
jo4hn

Charlie Self wrote:
Silvan responds:

Tim Douglass wrote:

It's not really the total amount you receive that counts, it is
whether or not the monthly payment is adequate for your needs. I think
I will need to work to about 100+ in order to retire at a high enough
payment to survive - so my current plan is work 'til I die.

I'm hoping to make a killing selling nekkit pictures of myself on the
internet so I can retire at 65. Anybody wanna see some nekkit pictures of
me? So far I'm having trouble with this plan because the cameras keep
breaking.

Bubba, I done seed your pixture with clothes in the Roanoke paper one day. No
thanks. I'll look at pixture of ME nekkid first.

Charlie Self
"One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations rise above
that which is expected." George W. Bush

Jeeeeeeezz. A whole newsgroup full of babe magnets.
urp,
j4
jo4hn

Silvan wrote:

Knothead wrote:

You retired at 40? Not for physical reasons I hope. I keep looking at my
ss statement from da gubmint and they keep telling
me how much I'll make if I work til 70... Damn

Gonna be hard to live on $12.41 a month innit? Especially in 2042 when a
new econobox with a 2 cc engine will cost $147,300, a 2,000 sq. ft. home
will cost $397,000, the economy lunch special at Burger King will cost
$175.81, oh, and gas will be $24.82 a gallon.

Or maybe I'm being pessimistic.

That's not a bad price for the home, but then I suppose you're
forecasting rampant inflation with a concurrent collapse of the housing
market. As to the Bugger King lunch, that's probably the
super-cholesterolized version, which we're better off without. Yep, I
guess everybody needs a little gloom in their lives.
zorp,
jo4hn
damian penney

You're not really 45k behind if you continue working though are you? If
you make more than $950/mth then you'll still end up with more in the
end. SS is also in no danger of imploding, here is a well researched
article about it
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/16/ma...tml?oref=login if
you're interested

Leon

"damian penney" wrote in message
oups.com...
You're not really 45k behind if you continue working though are you?

We are talking pay out from SS checks and not your job check. So yes you
would be behind in SS pay out if you wait till 66 to start drawing rather
than 62. Also you can draw SS and still work.

Tim Douglass

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 08:40:32 -0500, Silvan
wrote:

Tim Douglass wrote:

It's not really the total amount you receive that counts, it is
whether or not the monthly payment is adequate for your needs. I think
I will need to work to about 100+ in order to retire at a high enough
payment to survive - so my current plan is work 'til I die.

I'm hoping to make a killing selling nekkit pictures of myself on the
internet so I can retire at 65. Anybody wanna see some nekkit pictures of
me? So far I'm having trouble with this plan because the cameras keep
breaking.

Well, so much for my breakfast!

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com
damian penney

I didn't know you could draw and work, but I'm only 32 so I haven't
studied it too much

wrote:

Tim Douglass wrote:

It's not really the total amount you receive that counts, it is
whether or not the monthly payment is adequate for your needs. I think
I will need to work to about 100+ in order to retire at a high enough
payment to survive - so my current plan is work 'til I die.

I'm hoping to make a killing selling nekkit pictures of myself on the
internet so I can retire at 65. Anybody wanna see some nekkit pictures of
me? So far I'm having trouble with this plan because the cameras keep
breaking.

ya know, you'd prolly do better around here selling nekkit pitchers of
Robin's butt. Iffen I wanted to see a nekkit wooddorker, I'd look in
the mirror. Since I don't do that too often, I guess I must not.
Doug Winterburn

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 12:21:20 -0800, damian penney wrote:

I didn't know you could draw and work, but I'm only 32 so I haven't
studied it too much

Ah, you're one of the lucky ones that not only gets to pay the excess
SS taxes now, but will also get to pay increased income taxes starting in
about 12 years to pay off those "investments" Uncle Sam is buying with
those excess contributions for the trust fund. We're enjoying spending
those excess contributions on ourselves now and appreciate that you
and your kids will pick up the tab later. And it will only get better
for us older guys if the SS tax is increased now so even more can be spent
on us and even more "investments" can be placed in the trust fund for you
and your kids to pay off :-)

- Doug

Rob Mitchell

Leon wrote:
"Pounds on Wood" wrote in message

You really should get mad. It's not good to bottle (PI) it up like that.

You know Bill at 50 I have come to the realization that life is nothing but
a series of lessons. I figure that I have learned something here and should
not get up set. I just enjoy being suscssfully retired for 10 years now and
working out in the shop. I do how ever wonder what today's lesson was.
It'll come to me I am sure. ;~)

--
********
Bill Pounds
http://www.billpounds.com

Perhaps the lesson is "don't glue up stuff on your table saw?" I know I
never will again!

Silvan

Tim Douglass wrote:

Myself, I plan to live forever. And that is working out great, so far.

I'd go for that plan, but I don't want to have to work forever.

You don't have to. Haven't you ever heard of Social Security? You can
retire at 111 and live forever on $2 a day.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
Tim Douglass

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 23:10:22 -0500, Silvan
wrote:

Tim Douglass wrote:

Myself, I plan to live forever. And that is working out great, so far.

I'd go for that plan, but I don't want to have to work forever.

You don't have to. Haven't you ever heard of Social Security? You can
retire at 111 and live forever on $2 a day.

By the time I'm 111 I'll be way to anti-social to draw social
security. They're more likely to be sending security to pick me up.

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com

Tim Douglass

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 23:12:06 -0500, Silvan

ya know, you'd prolly do better around here selling nekkit pitchers of
Robin's butt. Iffen I wanted to see a nekkit wooddorker, I'd look in
the mirror. Since I don't do that too often, I guess I must not.

Whenever I look at my butt in the mirror I just get depressed. I look like
Hank Hill.

I believe that's an occupational hazard.

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com
Silvan

Charlie Self wrote:

internet so I can retire at 65. Anybody wanna see some nekkit pictures of
me? So far I'm having trouble with this plan because the cameras keep
breaking.

Bubba, I done seed your pixture with clothes in the Roanoke paper one day.
No thanks. I'll look at pixture of ME nekkid first.

ROFL!! I was afraid somebody was gonna see those.

Now you have a leg up on about every other Wrecker though. You know what
SWMBO and the young'uns look like.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
Silvan

Charlie Self wrote:

Or maybe I'm being pessimistic.

You think? My father went nuts when I bought a new Chevy convertible in

Or not pessimistic enough?

'57. Just under 3 grand. That was the 283, dual 4s, close ratio column 3
speed and absolute **** for brakes and gas mileage, though that sucker
would fly. He had bought 2 new cars when he and my mother got married in
'34: under a grand, well under, and one was a car I'd kill for today, a
rumble seat Ford coupe.

Yeah, Dad came home with a '57 Bel Aire one day. A friend of his is a Jay
Leno wannabe. I drove it a little. Beautiful car. Cherry. Gorgeous.
But it weighed 400,000 pounds and it only had about 1/16 oz. of brake fluid
in the ultra miniature master cylinder. Holy **** dude, WTF were they
thinking back then? No power steering either. Pretty to look at, but it
really sucked to drive. That ended my infatuation with the '57 Chevy
forever.

I kind of outgrew cars more generally anyway though, really. Cars are one
huge black hole for cashola. A habit I never could afford, and I finally
stopped daydreaming about it.

Comparable car today? $45,000? Better, sure, but...

That expensive, really? What sets it apart as being a $45,000 car? Just
the chick factor? I'd say it's more of a $25,000 car, but maybe I'm
dreaming.

Everything is relative though. My grandfather paid $3,000 for a house in
1950-something, and he paid $3,000 for a car in 1970-something, and he paid
$3,000 for pills in 2004.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
Silvan

Upscale wrote:

internet so I can retire at 65. Anybody wanna see some nekkit pictures
of
me? So far I'm having trouble with this plan because the cameras keep
breaking.

Wrong approach. Sell the idea of what it will cost for you to NOT post
those pictures.

Excellent. OK, Wreck, for $500 I promise not to allow myself to be seen /en
deshabillé/ (that's nekkit for you ignernt types what ain't learnt no
French) for 7 whole days. Pay up. If'n y'uns don't pony up the
greenbacks, I'm a-showin' y'all the fat back.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
Silvan

Tim Douglass wrote:

Whenever I look at my butt in the mirror I just get depressed. I look
like Hank Hill.

I believe that's an occupational hazard.

True, and for a truck driver, um, freight distrubution engineering
technologist, I'm actually pretty sexy and stuff. Sort of.