vmtw

Default Delta 36-831A cabinet saw $429 from spain???

Got this email from a guy who wants me to buy from him in SPAIN and
sell in the US.
http://www.hgpro-tools.com/index.php?productID=45
This is his reply to me when I asked for the price for 5 cabinet saws
delivered to my location in the US. I dont know, but it seems a
little TO GOOD TO BE TRUE to me. Oh Ya, he wants the money up-front
and cant give me the names of any US customers due to client
confidentiality.
Scott
For 5 DELTA 36-831A the shipping cost is $110.oo
The price for 5 DELTA 36-831A is $2145.oo
As payment we accept wire transfer via Western Union or bak to bak transfer for orders over $3000.oo
Here are some of our clients adresses:

Please confirm if this is your order

Delta 36-831A x 5 ......$2145.oo
shipping cost ............. $110.oo
TOTAL.......................$2255.oo

Regards,
Eduard

AAvK

"vmtw" wrote in message om...
[...]

He's TOTALLY lying to you, trying to rip_you_off. There is no way any seller
would give you their customers email addresses and they would not all be
web mail addresses either. There is no way anyone in "Spain" would be selling
unisaws at that price to US customers through a website designed and targeted
at US customers. DO NOT DO IT!

I have read about Spain, it is a country LOADED with criminal activity, such as,
a LOT of prostitution slavery that is illegal, the law system and police work is
extremely lax there.

Also notice he did NOT state that he accepts credit cards? ONLY wire bank transfers?
That is cash of the barrel for him, and he disappears my friend.

Alex

TEF

I've spent a lot of time in southern Spain and the Malaga address of the
firm in question is in the Costa Del Sol. This area was a common hangout of
European criminals who went there because of lax law enforcement and
sunshine. Moreover, why would a Spanish company offer such favorable prices
on an American product?

Good luck,

TEF

"AAvK" wrote in message

"vmtw" wrote in message

om...
[...]

Edwin Pawlowski

"vmtw" wrote in message
om...
Got this email from a guy who wants me to buy from him in SPAIN and
sell in the US.
http://www.hgpro-tools.com/index.php?productID=45
This is his reply to me when I asked for the price for 5 cabinet saws
delivered to my location in the US. I dont know, but it seems a
little TO GOOD TO BE TRUE to me. Oh Ya, he wants the money up-front
and cant give me the names of any US customers due to client
confidentiality.

Are you kidding, he is high priced? I can sell them to you for $385
delivered right to your home. I only accept cash though, so please send it
to me in a plain envelope.

I await your reply and the cash in the mail.

Mark and Kim Smith

AAvK wrote:

snip

He's TOTALLY lying to you, trying to rip_you_off. There is no way any seller
would give you their customers email addresses and they would not all be
web mail addresses either. There is no way anyone in "Spain" would be selling
unisaws at that price to US customers through a website designed and targeted
at US customers. DO NOT DO IT!

I have read about Spain, it is a country LOADED with criminal activity, such as,
a LOT of prostitution slavery that is illegal, the law system and police work is
extremely lax there.

Also notice he did NOT state that he accepts credit cards? ONLY wire bank transfers?
That is cash of the barrel for him, and he disappears my friend.

Alex

This sounds similar to the Nigerian scams ( see www.ebolamonkeyman.com
amongst others.) Another to be aware of that is hitting our classic
bicycle sellers on eBay, is when they offer (off of eBay) for a large
dollar item. They send you a money order for much more than what was
agreed to and ask you to send back the overage ( a grand or two.)
Problem is, the original money order was no good. So now they have your
product plus a couple grand. Not sure how well it works these days
since the new law went into effect allowing banks to instantly transfer
money as opposed to a check hold.

Bottom line, if someone comes to you with something that seems to be to
good to be true, it usually is!

Dave Balderstone

In article , vmtw
wrote:

Got this email from a guy who wants me to buy from him in SPAIN and
sell in the US.
http://www.hgpro-tools.com/index.php?productID=45
This is his reply to me when I asked for the price for 5 cabinet saws
delivered to my location in the US. I dont know, but it seems a
little TO GOOD TO BE TRUE to me. Oh Ya, he wants the money up-front
and cant give me the names of any US customers due to client
confidentiality.

Hell, if you want to throw away $2255 send it to me. You'll at least
know where it went and you'll get just as much in return!
loutent

Are you kidding, he is high priced? I can sell them to you for $385
delivered right to your home. I only accept cash though, so please send it
to me in a plain envelope.

Hi Ed,

I happen to be driving your way, so I'll swing by with my cash in a
plain envelope for ya.

I expect a discount for the delivery charge!

Oh yea...I'll take 2 of em.

;-

Lou
Todd Fatheree

"vmtw" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Even if he could sell them for that price, on what planet could they be
shipped from Spain to the US for $110? I might have trouble finding someone
to ship them to the other side of town for that.

Some interesting information on hgpro-tools.com. Looks like the domain has
been around for an entire two weeks. Where do I send my $2255?

Domain Name.......... hgpro-tools.com
Creation Date........ 2004-11-15
Registration Date.... 2004-11-15
Expiry Date.......... 2005-11-15
Organisation Name.... Will Schien
Organisation Address. 2872 Horton Rd.
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. Germanton
Organisation Address. 27019
Organisation Address. NC
Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Admin Name........... Will Schien
Admin Address........ 2872 Horton Rd.
Admin Address........
Admin Address........ Germanton
Admin Address........ 27019
Admin Address........ NC
Admin Address........ UNITED STATES
Admin Email..........

Admin Phone.......... +1.3454951462

todd

Prometheus

On 30 Nov 2004 14:24:03 -0800, (vmtw) wrote:

Got this email from a guy who wants me to buy from him in SPAIN and
sell in the US.
http://www.hgpro-tools.com/index.php?productID=45
This is his reply to me when I asked for the price for 5 cabinet saws
delivered to my location in the US. I dont know, but it seems a
little TO GOOD TO BE TRUE to me. Oh Ya, he wants the money up-front
and cant give me the names of any US customers due to client
confidentiality.
Scott

Oh, I'd definately go for it- but first, I'd like to help me move some
large sums of money out of Nigeria. Your name was given to me as
someone trustworthy, so if you could just send along the routing
number and access codes to your bank account, I'd be happy to deposit
TEN BILLION DOLLARS into your account for safekeeping. :P

For 5 DELTA 36-831A the shipping cost is $110.oo
The price for 5 DELTA 36-831A is $2145.oo
As payment we accept wire transfer via Western Union or bak to bak transfer for orders over $3000.oo
Here are some of our clients adresses:

Please confirm if this is your order

Delta 36-831A x 5 ......$2145.oo
shipping cost ............. $110.oo
TOTAL.......................$2255.oo

Regards,
Eduard

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Nate

"Todd Fatheree"

Even if he could sell them for that price, on what planet could they be
shipped from Spain to the US for $110? I might have trouble finding
someone
to ship them to the other side of town for that.

Some interesting information on hgpro-tools.com. Looks like the domain
has
been around for an entire two weeks. Where do I send my $2255?

Organisation Address. NC
Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Indeed. Although clearly a rip-off, the quality of English and chosen
target audience does strongly suggest someone from the US, using foreign
servers and services. Nifty little scam. If only I was so clever. Not
many woodworker types are going to part w/ 1500 minimum cash very easily,
though...

Why not give the guy a call:

Schein, Will
2860 Horton Road (couple houses off?)
Germanton, NC 27019
336-767-1300

Might want to hit *67 first to block caller ID.

Let us all know how the conversation goes....

- Nate

AAvK

[...]

TWO WEEKS and the site says "we can no longer accept credit cards due to fraud".
WHAT a load of rip off crap!

Alex

Todd Fatheree

"Nate" wrote in message
Indeed. Although clearly a rip-off, the quality of English and chosen
target audience does strongly suggest someone from the US, using foreign
servers and services. Nifty little scam. If only I was so clever. Not
many woodworker types are going to part w/ 1500 minimum cash very easily,
though...

Funny thing is that it appears that the web server is actually in the US.
It belongs to Yahoo, and as best as I can figure from a traceroute, the web
server itself is in California.

To add even more humor, I took a chance and Googled their supposed address.
I located a Flemenco Dance Studio in Malaga, Spain.

Escuela Flamenca, c/ Flores García 2o Bloque 3-D, E-29 Malaga, 952 / 31 18
81

For reference, Pro Home & Garden Tools' address and phone number from their
web site is

Flores García 2o Bloque 3-D, E-29 Malaga,, 29006 , 952 / 31 18 81

So, either this is a combo Flamenco dance studio/tool supply or they just
picked an address out of a hat.

todd

Silvan

Prometheus wrote:

number and access codes to your bank account, I'd be happy to deposit
TEN BILLION DOLLARS into your account for safekeeping. :P

Hot damn. My account number is 867-5309-90210-911-69 and the routing number
is 10-10-220. I will keep your $10 billion safe for you, but it's going to
cost you a $500 million service fee.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
Silvan

Dave Balderstone wrote:

Hell, if you want to throw away $2255 send it to me. You'll at least
know where it went and you'll get just as much in return!

No, I can give you a lot more than Dave can. Send the $2,225 to me and I
will give you a HCoA sanding sponge and my entire collection of Harbor
Freight lathe tools, plus a nifty box of wood shavings and a Timex watch
with no band.

Deal?

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/

Edwin Pawlowski

"AAvK" wrote in message
TWO WEEKS and the site says "we can no longer accept credit cards due to
fraud".
WHAT a load of rip off crap!

Alex

Well, yes. They could not defraud you with a CC!

vmtw

"Todd Fatheree" wrote in message ...
"vmtw" wrote in message
om...
[...]

I sent an email to the NC Attorney General, I will let you know what they say.
mnterpfan

Silvan wrote No, I can give you a
lot more than Dave can. Send the $2,225 to me and I
will give you a HCoA sanding sponge and my entire collection of Harbor
Freight lathe tools, plus a nifty box of wood shavings and a Timex watch
with no band.

Deal?

How much for all of it plus the watch band? And throw in a couple of
HCoA glue spreaders.

Eric
Nate

"vmtw"

I sent an email to the NC Attorney General, I will let you know what they
say.

Probably not much.

The likelihood of finding real names behind all the phony ones using 101
level internet service tools is about zero.

- Nate