Dave L.

Default New Delta Non-Unisaw Cabinet Saws

I was looking through my new Tool Crib catalog and saw a new Delta
Cabinet Saw w/50" Bies fence for $1299 here's the Amazon link.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...?v=glance&s=hi

Here's the Delta link:

http://www.deltawoodworking.com/index.asp?e=136&p=4835

Is this the Chinese version of the Unisaw? Anybody seen one up close
at the shows?

For $500 less than the Unisaw and with your choice of Bies or Unifence
it might be a good buy compared to some of the other overseas version
i.e. , Griz, Shop fox, etc. that run about the same price with the 50"
upgraded fence.

Dave L.
Leon

Hummmmmm....

I wonder...... several years ago, 10 or so I think, Volkswagen dropped the
prices of their cars a significant amount with the beginning of a new model
year. IIRC it averaged 10-15% off each of the previous year models. The
buyers that bought JUST before the less expensive new model year cars were
available were ****ed, to put it mildly.

Could Delta be practicing the same thing here and becoming more competitive
but with the foresight to take the Unisaw name off the saw so as not to ****
off the new Unisaw owners? I briefly looked at the parts illustration and
there are still 3 belts and a beefy looking trunion although noticeably
different. Its not an exact copy of a Unisaw.
This should be interesting. Which saw will survive?

Dave L. wrote in message

I was looking through my new Tool Crib catalog and saw a new Delta
Cabinet Saw w/50" Bies fence for $1299 here's the Amazon link.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...?v=glance&s=hi

Here's the Delta link:

http://www.deltawoodworking.com/index.asp?e=136&p=4835

Is this the Chinese version of the Unisaw? Anybody seen one up close
at the shows?

For $500 less than the Unisaw and with your choice of Bies or Unifence
it might be a good buy compared to some of the other overseas version
i.e. , Griz, Shop fox, etc. that run about the same price with the 50"
upgraded fence.

Dave L.

Wes Stewart

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 08:28:51 -0800, Dave L. wrote:

|I was looking through my new Tool Crib catalog and saw a new Delta
|Cabinet Saw w/50" Bies fence for $1299 here's the Amazon link.
|
|http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...?v=glance&s=hi
|
|Here's the Delta link:
|
|http://www.deltawoodworking.com/index.asp?e=136&p=4835
|
|Is this the Chinese version of the Unisaw? Anybody seen one up close
|at the shows?
|
|For $500 less than the Unisaw and with your choice of Bies or Unifence
|it might be a good buy compared to some of the other overseas version
|i.e. , Griz, Shop fox, etc. that run about the same price with the 50"
|upgraded fence.

If you would follow your own Amazon link and read the reviews, your
questions would be answered.

Also, this saw is right tilt only.

Wes

Unisaw A100

Dave L. wrote:
I was looking through my new Tool Crib catalog and saw a new Delta
Cabinet Saw w/50" Bies fence for $1299 here's the Amazon link.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...?v=glance&s=hi

Here's the Delta link:

http://www.deltawoodworking.com/index.asp?e=136&p=4835

Is this the Chinese version of the Unisaw? Anybody seen one up close
at the shows?

In the current 2003/2004 Full Line Catalog the Unisaw is
shown with a 'Murican flag next to it and the proclamation
that it's "Proudly Made In The USA".

There is no such tag line on the 3 HP Cabinet Saw No.
36-730, 731, 732 and there is no country of origin noted.

The saw has been available for the last year or so in
Canada. I suppose that's where you'll most likely find
someone who has used one.

UA100
Unisaw A100

Leon wrote:
I briefly looked at the parts illustration and
there are still 3 belts and a beefy looking
trunion although noticeably different. Its
not an exact copy of a Unisaw.

With the exception of the motor bracket and motor mount the
parts are nearly identical to the Unisaw.

UA100

The Davenports

Leon wrote:
I briefly looked at the parts illustration and
there are still 3 belts and a beefy looking
trunion although noticeably different. Its
not an exact copy of a Unisaw.

With the exception of the motor bracket and motor mount the
parts are nearly identical to the Unisaw.

UA100

So once again...if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, in all
likelihood, you've got yourself a duck.

Mike

Swingman

"The Davenports" wrote in message
Leon wrote:
I briefly looked at the parts illustration and
there are still 3 belts and a beefy looking
trunion although noticeably different. Its
not an exact copy of a Unisaw.

With the exception of the motor bracket and motor mount the
parts are nearly identical to the Unisaw.

UA100

So once again...if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, in all
likelihood, you've got yourself a duck.

Not necessarily ... except for a dental mount and bracket, the parts on my
face are nearly identical to Robert Redford's.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/28/04

Leon

"Unisaw A100" wrote in message
Leon wrote:
I briefly looked at the parts illustration and
there are still 3 belts and a beefy looking
trunion although noticeably different. Its
not an exact copy of a Unisaw.

With the exception of the motor bracket and motor mount the
parts are nearly identical to the Unisaw.

I looked specifically at the drawing of the yoke and that was different,
subtly. Have you seen the real thing?

Leon

"The Davenports" wrote in message

So once again...if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, in all
likelihood, you've got yourself a duck.

My car and truck both transport passengers and sound like a Hummer. But....

Jon Endres, PE

Leon wrote:
I briefly looked at the parts illustration and
there are still 3 belts and a beefy looking
trunion although noticeably different. Its
not an exact copy of a Unisaw.

With the exception of the motor bracket and motor mount the
parts are nearly identical to the Unisaw.

UA100

Agreed. Could Delta finally be getting away from the prorietary motor
mounting system? The exploded parts diagram looks to me like the new saw
will be able to take a standard frame motor.

The saw looks more streamlined than the X5 Unisaw. If the quality control
is up there, this might be a big step for Delta.

Jon E

Jon Endres, PE

"Wes Stewart" wrote in message

If you would follow your own Amazon link and read the reviews, your
questions would be answered.

One big question for me, just got answered - you can't put a true
zero-clearance insert in this (by a look at the exploded parts diagram).
That'll effectively make this one a "never-buy" in my book.

Also, this saw is right tilt only.

No big deal. So's my Unisaw (1997 model).

Jon E

Silvan

B a r r y wrote:

My wife has all the same parts as any supermodel. G

Mine too. Just that most of them are oversized.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/

Paul

Dave L. wrote in message . ..

Is this the Chinese version of the Unisaw? Anybody seen one up close
at the shows?

Yes it is

For $500 less than the Unisaw and with your choice of Bies or Unifence
it might be a good buy compared to some of the other overseas version
i.e. , Griz, Shop fox, etc. that run about the same price with the 50"
upgraded fence.

This saw in its current config will not take a full sized dado. A new
arbor must be ordered.

Paul
Unisaw A100

Leon wrote:
I looked specifically at the drawing of the yoke and that was different,
subtly. Have you seen the real thing?

Nope. Just the parts drawing which typically does look an
awful lot like the real thing, usually.

UA100
Leon

Leon wrote:
I looked specifically at the drawing of the yoke and that was different,
subtly. Have you seen the real thing?

Nope. Just the parts drawing which typically does look an
awful lot like the real thing, usually.

UA100

Yeah, I had to compare the two side by so to speak to see the differences.

Bridger

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 20:09:09 -0500, Silvan
wrote:

B a r r y wrote:

My wife has all the same parts as any supermodel. G

Mine too. Just that most of them are oversized.

more for your money?
Doug Miller

In article , Silvan wrote:
B a r r y wrote:

My wife has all the same parts as any supermodel. G

Mine too. Just that most of them are oversized.

Built for comfort, not for speed. :-)

--
Regards,

For a copy of my TrollFilter for NewsProxy/Nfilter,
send email to autoresponder at filterinfo-at-milmac-dot-com

Dave L.

My mistake, I actually was looking at the 36-731 which has no reviews.
I should have read the complete 36-732 also.

Dave L.