Bob Schmall

Default VOTE

Was there something you didn't understand about "VOTE?"

Charlie Self

rschmall writes:

Was there something you didn't understand about "VOTE?"

Already did, about 45 minutes ago.

Evidently, a lot of people around here heard you! At 8:45 a.m., we were told
that 75 of the usual number of voters had already voted. Those in line behind
us will bring it right close to 100%, so there is sure to be some gain, which
is way on the good side, no matter who wins.

Charlie Self
"Abstainer: a weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a
pleasure." Ambrose Bierce

Larry Jaques

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 13:54:33 GMT, "Bob Schmall"
calmly ranted:

Was there something you didn't understand about "VOTE?"

Yeah, how someone could vote for Shrub or Kerry. WTF,O?

--
"Given the low level of competence among politicians,
every American should become a Libertarian."
-- Charley Reese, Alameda Times-Star (California), June 17, 2003

Al Reid

"Fletis Humplebacker" ! wrote in message ...

"Bob Schmall"
Was there something you didn't understand about "VOTE?"

I did it four times this morning already. I'm gettin' the
hang of it!

Voting machines in Philadelphia were found to have had over 2000 votes recorded BEFORE the polls opened. It was spotted by poll
workers. No word are to who was leading in the pre-election vote count.

Fletis Humplebacker

"Bob Schmall"
Was there something you didn't understand about "VOTE?"

I did it four times this morning already. I'm gettin' the
hang of it!

James T. Kirby

Fletis Humplebacker wrote:
"Bob Schmall"

Was there something you didn't understand about "VOTE?"

I did it four times this morning already. I'm gettin' the
hang of it!

Such a deal! Hopefully this is in a state where the result is a foregone
conclusion :^)

Al Reid

"mp" wrote in message ...
No word are to who was leading in the pre-election vote count.

You think someone will be elected this time around?

Why not? It happens every 4 years. (Are you implying that you still haven't gotten over Gore's defeat?)

mp

No word are to who was leading in the pre-election vote count.

You think someone will be elected this time around?

RKG

Bob Schmall wrote:
Was there something you didn't understand about "VOTE?"

I can't I'm Canadian so enough already.

Rick
Buck Turgidson

I am convinced that angry Republicans who vote Democratic will do their soul
some good, similar to going to church.

My mother still can't believe that Cheney voted against Head Start back in
the 70's. Hell, I might have been a loser if he had his way.

Fletis Humplebacker

"RKG"
Bob Schmall wrote:
Was there something you didn't understand about "VOTE?"

I can't I'm Canadian so enough already.

Doesn't matter. The Democrats can get you a ballot
and show you where to punch the holes.

Edwin Pawlowski

"RKG" wrote in message
. ..
Bob Schmall wrote:
Was there something you didn't understand about "VOTE?"

I can't I'm Canadian so enough already.

Rick

That just means the drive to the polling place is longer. What state do you
want to vote in? Ohio has plenty of openings this year.

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 08:57:19 -0800, "mp" wrote:

No word are to who was leading in the pre-election vote count.

You think someone will be elected this time around?

Doesn't look like it.
The consensus among the talking heads is that if a state doesn't have
a 4 percent or so margin of victory for one or the other candidate,
the 'loser' is almost certain to challenge on some ground or other.
Since this one looks to be so close, many of the 10 or so battleground
states won't have that much difference between the candidates. Which
means Florida 2000 several times over.

The good news is that people *are* voting in record numbers.

--RC
"You Know Things Are Weird When Arnold Schwartznegger
Is Governor of California, Ronald Reagan Is One Of Our
Most Beloved Ex-Presidents, And John Kerry Is Running
For President On His Vietnam War Record"

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 11:56:20 -0500, "Al Reid"
wrote:

"mp" wrote in message ...
No word are to who was leading in the pre-election vote count.

You think someone will be elected this time around?

Why not? It happens every 4 years. (Are you implying that you still haven't gotten over Gore's defeat?)

I think he's implying that last time was a mess. Don't be so quick to
read partisan implications into simple statements. The election is
over in about three hours. It's time stand down.

--RC

"You Know Things Are Weird When Arnold Schwartznegger
Is Governor of California, Ronald Reagan Is One Of Our
Most Beloved Ex-Presidents, And John Kerry Is Running
For President On His Vietnam War Record"
David

I see nothing wrong with us "Caly"fornians having a Governator! He
rocks! As far as Kerry goes, I couldn't agree more. Well, actually,
maybe I could...

David

wrote:

--RC
"You Know Things Are Weird When Arnold Schwartznegger
Is Governor of California, Ronald Reagan Is One Of Our
Most Beloved Ex-Presidents, And John Kerry Is Running
For President On His Vietnam War Record"

WoodMangler

Charlie Self did say:

Evidently, a lot of people around here heard you! At 8:45 a.m., we were told
that 75 of the usual number of voters had already voted. Those in line behind
us will bring it right close to 100%, so there is sure to be some gain, which
is way on the good side, no matter who wins.

Lines were an hour long at our little county's polling places. Usually in
and out of there in under three minutes. Does my heart good to see
everyone participate.

--
New project = new tool. Hard and fast rule.

Charlie Self

WoodMangler writes:

Charlie Self did say:

Evidently, a lot of people around here heard you! At 8:45 a.m., we were

told
that 75 of the usual number of voters had already voted. Those in line

behind
us will bring it right close to 100%, so there is sure to be some gain,

which
is way on the good side, no matter who wins.

Lines were an hour long at our little county's polling places. Usually in
and out of there in under three minutes. Does my heart good to see
everyone participate.

Yes. I was #192 to make that 75% number, but I'm told--youngest daughter got
back from voting about 45 minutes ago--that the total is over 550, way, way
over anything before.

Charlie Self
"Abstainer: a weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a
pleasure." Ambrose Bierce

mac davis

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 18:58:19 -0500, WoodMangler
wrote:

Charlie Self did say:

Evidently, a lot of people around here heard you! At 8:45 a.m., we were told
that 75 of the usual number of voters had already voted. Those in line behind
us will bring it right close to 100%, so there is sure to be some gain, which
is way on the good side, no matter who wins.

Lines were an hour long at our little county's polling places. Usually in
and out of there in under three minutes. Does my heart good to see
everyone participate.

We had a major problem in our precinct... the computer seems to have
dropped about 20% of the voters from the list, and changed another 10
or 12% to "inactive"...
The place was a zoo... my wife was one of the people that got dropped
from the rolls.. had to vote "provincial", whatever the heck that
is...

I always vote.. that way I have a right to bitch and gripe..
Charlie Self

mac davis notes:

We had a major problem in our precinct... the computer seems to have
dropped about 20% of the voters from the list, and changed another 10
or 12% to "inactive"...
The place was a zoo... my wife was one of the people that got dropped
from the rolls.. had to vote "provincial", whatever the heck that
is...

I think that's probably "provisional" which basically means they let you fill
out a ballot and then hope they count it.

I always vote.. that way I have a right to bitch and gripe.

Yup.

"Bob Schmall" wrote:

Was there something you didn't understand about "VOTE?"

I did. 40 or so people ahead of me when normally there are two or
three. Dingy local lady voted right before I did. I enjoyed zeroing
out her vote when it was my turn. Since Mom voted, I figure we are up
by one.

Let us hope no State is close to dead even. I want Kerry to win big
or Bush to win big in each State they take so we don't have the
Florida thing again. When we have a clear cut election the other side
takes stock of their message and actions and formulates a better
(hopefully) plan for the next time. When it is too close, people just
get mad and that doesn't get us anywhere.

At this point the current administration looks like it gets an
additional 4 years. The onus is on them, they have to show results or
the other side will get a shot. That is the beauty of our system.
Democracy in action.

Wes

--
Reply to:
Lycos address is a spam trap.

Leon

"mac davis" wrote in message

I always vote.. that way I have a right to bitch and gripe..

You think? What ever happened to the old saying, you made your bed, now lay
in it. If you are not happy with your vote, it is your own fault.

Swingman

"Leon" wrote in message

"mac davis" wrote in message
I always vote.. that way I have a right to bitch and gripe..

You think? What ever happened to the old saying, you made your bed, now

lay
in it. If you are not happy with your vote, it is your own fault.

LOL ... tell that to the sheep, in democracy made up of a sheep and two
wolves, when they vote on what's for dinner. ;)

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/04/04

James T. Kirby

Leon wrote:
"mac davis" wrote in message

I always vote.. that way I have a right to bitch and gripe..

You think? What ever happened to the old saying, you made your bed, now lay
in it. If you are not happy with your vote, it is your own fault.

I'm happy with my vote. It's the other 51%(or whatever it was) I'm not happy
with. Just what were they thinking?

Swingman

"James T. Kirby" wrote in message
Leon wrote:
"mac davis" wrote in message

I always vote.. that way I have a right to bitch and gripe..

You think? What ever happened to the old saying, you made your bed, now

lay
in it. If you are not happy with your vote, it is your own fault.

I'm happy with my vote. It's the other 51%(or whatever it was) I'm not

happy
with. Just what were they thinking?

Get over it. Particularly your imagined superiority. Your boy Kerry got it
right when he said that there were no losers, as we all woke up this morning
as Americans ... try to be as gracious as he was .. and if you don't like
the way this form of government works, don't let the door knob hit you in
the ass on the way to somewhere else.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/04/04

James T. Kirby

Leon wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message

I always vote.. that way I have a right to bitch and gripe..

You think? What ever happened to the old saying, you made your bed, now

lay

in it. If you are not happy with your vote, it is your own fault.

I'm happy with my vote. It's the other 51%(or whatever it was) I'm not

happy

with. Just what were they thinking?

Get over it. Particularly your imagined superiority. Your boy Kerry got it
right when he said that there were no losers, as we all woke up this morning
as Americans ... try to be as gracious as he was .. and if you don't like
the way this form of government works, don't let the door knob hit you in
the ass on the way to somewhere else.

Just like Republicans woke up and supported Clinton as president for 8 years?
Ferget it!
This is bull**** piled so deep and high you'd need a periscope attached to the
the international space station to see over it.
I know where my beliefs and priorities are, and I know where I do not think the
country should be going.

So just go take a flying leap, will ya?

--
James T. Kirby
Center for Applied Coastal Research

phone: 302-831-2438
fax: 302-831-1228
email:
http://chinacat.coastal.udel.edu/~kirby

Richard Clements

James T. Kirby wrote:

Swingman wrote:
"James T. Kirby" wrote in message

Leon wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message
m...

[...]

you see James this is what's Great about being a democracy, you have every
right to feel the way you do, no if's and's or buts, according to the
electorate your wrong, but you have every right to feel the way you do.

this is what is great about our country, we have as much right to succeed as
fail. we are guaranteed the right to be wrong, we have the right to be
politically incorrect! thats a right! and in the last election we decided
that John Kerry was wrong, and you as well by your support of him.

so please by all means feel bitter and spiteful, it's your right! enjoy it
to the fullest
Fletis Humplebacker

"James T. Kirby"
Leon wrote:
"mac davis"

I always vote.. that way I have a right to bitch and gripe..

You think? What ever happened to the old saying, you made your bed, now lay
in it. If you are not happy with your vote, it is your own fault.

I'm happy with my vote. It's the other 51%(or whatever it was) I'm not happy
with. Just what were they thinking?

They were thinking you're out of touch. Imagine
what the percentage would have been if the
media hadn't been hammering Bush for so hard
and long.

James T. Kirby

you see James this is what's Great about being a democracy, you have every
right to feel the way you do, no if's and's or buts, according to the
electorate your wrong, but you have every right to feel the way you do.

I didn't realize that we as the electorate decided what was wrong or right - I
thought we just decided which side of the issue wins.

I'm not implying I don't fully agree with what you are saying about democratic
principles, just that
there is a semantic difference between "right" and "winner". "right" is very
much a personal evaluation
based on the compass of each individual - our system hopefully preserves the
ability for people with
multiple takes on what is "right" to co-exist side by side.

this is what is great about our country, we have as much right to succeed as
fail. we are guaranteed the right to be wrong, we have the right to be
politically incorrect! thats a right! and in the last election we decided
that John Kerry was wrong, and you as well by your support of him.

so please by all means feel bitter and spiteful, it's your right! enjoy it
to the fullest

--
James T. Kirby
Center for Applied Coastal Research
University of Delaware
Newark, DE 19716

phone: 302-831-2438
fax: 302-831-1228
email:
http://chinacat.coastal.udel.edu/~kirby

Prometheus

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 08:25:01 -0500, "James T. Kirby"
wrote:

Leon wrote:
"mac davis" wrote in message

I always vote.. that way I have a right to bitch and gripe..

You think? What ever happened to the old saying, you made your bed, now lay
in it. If you are not happy with your vote, it is your own fault.

I'm happy with my vote. It's the other 51%(or whatever it was) I'm not happy
with. Just what were they thinking?

Here's my guess:

"We'll put a boot in your ass, it's the American Way."

(Too many country fans where I work- I hate the stuff, but it's always
on.)

Prometheus

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 10:40:53 -0800, "Fletis Humplebacker" ! wrote:

"James T. Kirby"
Leon wrote:
"mac davis"

I always vote.. that way I have a right to bitch and gripe..

You think? What ever happened to the old saying, you made your bed, now lay
in it. If you are not happy with your vote, it is your own fault.

I'm happy with my vote. It's the other 51%(or whatever it was) I'm not happy
with. Just what were they thinking?

They were thinking you're out of touch. Imagine
what the percentage would have been if the
media hadn't been hammering Bush for so hard
and long.

49% of the population is "out-of-touch"? With what, asshole?
mark

49% of the population is "out-of-touch"? With what, asshole?

Nice. I voted for Badnarik. I tell you what I tell my liberal friends.
Just because you make the most noise, doesn't mean you're suddenly a
majority. Better luck next time.

James T. Kirby

wrote:

Leon wrote:

Here's my guess:

"We'll put a boot in your ass, it's the American Way."

(Too many country fans where I work- I hate the stuff, but it's always
on.)

Slip some Steve Earle in the rotation.

--
James T. Kirby
Center for Applied Coastal Research
University of Delaware
Newark, DE 19716

phone: 302-831-2438
fax: 302-831-1228
email:
http://chinacat.coastal.udel.edu/~kirby

Larry Jaques

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 02:21:44 GMT, "mark" calmly
ranted:

49% of the population is "out-of-touch"? With what, asshole?

Nice. I voted for Badnarik. I tell you what I tell my liberal friends.
Just because you make the most noise, doesn't mean you're suddenly a
majority. Better luck next time.

For us, too. We need to get Libertarians in every office, starting
at the bottom. 600 there need to move up into Senate and House seats
to get anything real done in this society. sigh

--
Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is Forgiven.
Gee, ain't religion GREAT?

James T. Kirby

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 02:21:44 GMT, "mark" calmly
ranted:

49% of the population is "out-of-touch"? With what, asshole?

Nice. I voted for Badnarik. I tell you what I tell my liberal friends.
Just because you make the most noise, doesn't mean you're suddenly a
majority. Better luck next time.

For us, too. We need to get Libertarians in every office, starting
at the bottom. 600 there need to move up into Senate and House seats
to get anything real done in this society. sigh

I'm not sure I'd wish what I see in local politics on anyone at the national level.

Voting for democrats at the county and state level out of revulsion for the
republican ideology
at the national level is one thing.

Voting for some of them based on personal attributes ... dicey stuff.

(Of course, there is no party-by-party lock on that either).

JK

Fletis Humplebacker

"Prometheus"
"Fletis Humplebacker"

"James T. Kirby"
Leon wrote:
"mac davis"

I always vote.. that way I have a right to bitch and gripe..

You think? What ever happened to the old saying, you made your bed, now lay
in it. If you are not happy with your vote, it is your own fault.

I'm happy with my vote. It's the other 51%(or whatever it was) I'm not happy
with. Just what were they thinking?

They were thinking you're out of touch. Imagine
what the percentage would have been if the
media hadn't been hammering Bush for so hard
and long.

49% of the population is "out-of-touch"? With what, asshole?

Assholebreath, he is only one person, not 49% of the population.

Mark & Juanita

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 07:28:58 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 02:21:44 GMT, "mark" calmly
ranted:

49% of the population is "out-of-touch"? With what, asshole?

Nice. I voted for Badnarik. I tell you what I tell my liberal friends.
Just because you make the most noise, doesn't mean you're suddenly a
majority. Better luck next time.

For us, too. We need to get Libertarians in every office, starting
at the bottom. 600 there need to move up into Senate and House seats
to get anything real done in this society. sigh

As a libertarian, don't you really want them *not* to do things?

That certainly is my preference for those in government.

patriarch

"James T. Kirby" wrote in
:

snip
Voting for democrats at the county and state level out of revulsion
for the republican ideology at the national level is one thing.

Voting for some of them based on personal attributes ... dicey stuff.

What about voting for the office seeker that you feel you can trust most
(or more accurately, distrust least)?

I am a registered Republican, in California, for over 30 years. I don't
recall voting for a single Republican on this last ballot. It was very
strange.

Patriarch