Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Woodcraft Again

Well, they charged me quite a lot for freight, but I never did get any
feedback from them. Last Friday I received an email saying they would ship
on Monday. On Tuesday I received an email saying that I was going to be
charged actual freight and asked if would I like to cancel the order. I
said, "Yes. If the order has not shipped cancel the order." On Thursday I
received a package from them with one (1) leaf. I ordered four (4). Today
I checked my credit card information online and they finally changed the
authorization/hold to a charge for the price of all four (4) units plus the
exorbitant shipping charge. I called customer service who said, sorry can't
help you. We can have somebody call you on Monday. I tried repeatedly to
communicate prior to today, and never got a call back or a any real
information about straightening it out. Everybody has problems, and makes
mistakes, but its how often they have problems, and what they do about it
that makes the difference. One order, multiple problems (from my
perspective) and left hanging all week with little or no communication, and
the little communication I received was inadequate or contradictory.

To the guy who said I would have to try them to know. Well, now I know.

To the folks who have local stores and say their counter people are
helpful... good for you. Just know if there is problem with their online
systems and shipping and order handling and customer service it might not go
as well.

Monday I'll call my credit card company.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
[...]

This has drawn out so long I lost track of time. The emails regarding
cancelling/shipping/etc were the previous week.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I think you are going over board.

Stock isn't in one massive building on everything. Likely they had
one in stock and the other 3 in remote stock. e.g. a store or another
building in another state. So the order was in to the other site
and thus money spent. Canceling when you did likely didn't go through
since the three were on the way from a remote site.

Martin

On 12/5/2014 7:56 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Martin Eastburn" wrote in message
I think you are going over board.

Stock isn't in one massive building on everything. Likely they had
one in stock and the other 3 in remote stock. e.g. a store or another
building in another state. So the order was in to the other site
and thus money spent. Canceling when you did likely didn't go through
since the three were on the way from a remote site.

Martin

The original order was placed on 11/20/14. Even bearing in mind the
intervening holiday shipping from anywhere in the country should have been
here by now. Even if shipped by FedEx ground which is the slowest of the
common carrier services. If they decided to ship it LTL then who knows if
or when it will ever arrive. The one unit that did arrive was shipped UPS
ground. The lack of communication however is unsatisfactory. My big gripe
though is that their website said ZERO (0) for freight. I was charged $125
for freight. If their website had said $125 for freight when I checked out
I would have just taken that into account verses Rockler, Amazon, or Ebay
vendor totals after freight and consider it accordingly.

Monday I call my credit card company. If they call me with a resolution
before I get around to calling the CC then good for them, but based on the
lack of communication so far I am not going to hold my breath.

[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 5 Dec 2014 18:56:56 -0700
"Bob La Londe" wrote:

Well, they charged me quite a lot for freight, but I never did get

I haven't followed this entirely. Whenever I buy online I pay the total
for everything at checkout. Did they leave the freight charges off
because they didn't know where the items would be shipping from?

It seems that they don't have their logistics sorted out well.

Whenever there's no price I always ask. And then I remind myself
that if I have to ask I can't afford it.

Best of luck. We've all BTDT with purchases turning sour.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Martin Eastburn wrote in news:TXugw.226231$Wc4.124624
@fx17.iad:

I think you are going over board.

Huh?

Stock isn't in one massive building on everything. Likely they had
one in stock and the other 3 in remote stock. e.g. a store or another
building in another state. So the order was in to the other site
and thus money spent. Canceling when you did likely didn't go through
since the three were on the way from a remote site.

That in no way excuses charging $125 for freight after telling him that shipping was free, or
shipping one when he ordered four.
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 12/06/2014 8:22 AM, Doug Miller wrote:
Martin wrote in news:TXugw.226231$Wc4.124624
@fx17.iad:

I think you are going over board.

Huh?

Stock isn't in one massive building on everything. Likely they had
one in stock and the other 3 in remote stock. e.g. a store or another
building in another state. So the order was in to the other site
and thus money spent. Canceling when you did likely didn't go through
since the three were on the way from a remote site.

That in no way excuses charging $125 for freight after telling him
that shipping was free, or shipping one when he ordered four.

Presuming the 0 shipping was a quote and not an incomplete order of
shipping added but not estimated (and I've no doubt Bob at least
_thought_ it was a firm quote) I'll agree on the shipping.

Partial shipping of in stock is pretty common with other backordered or
shipped from alternate sites but that, too, _should_ be make apparent up
front.

I'm sorry to hear of the problems; I'm actually surprised as what
dealings I've had w/ Woodcraft previously have been satisfactory. I'm
sorry I apparently gave a recommendation to what isn't as good as
thought; I'll refrain from doing so for them until have further direct
evidence from now on...

The lack of communication is, indeed, most surprisng aspect to me as
that part when I have contacted them previously was always prompt, at least.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 05 Dec 2014 21:07:02 -0800, Electric Comet wrote:

I haven't followed this entirely. Whenever I buy online I pay the total
for everything at checkout. Did they leave the freight charges off
because they didn't know where the items would be shipping from?

IIRC, the website offered free shipping for everything over some amount
at that time. I checked the website when Bob first asked about it. I
suspect someone forgot to include the disclaimer for heavy stuff.

Bob, forget the phone. Send a letter (proof of delivery) addressed to
the president of the company explaining the problem. That usually gets
results from almost any company.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, December 5, 2014 3:57:10 PM UTC-10, Bob La Londe wrote:
[...]

Bob,
The problem might be that several years ago Woodcraft began featuring some products that ship directly from the manufacturer and not the Woodcraft warehouses.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 6 Dec 2014 23:34:18 -0800 (PST)
GeneT wrote:

Bob,
The problem might be that several years ago Woodcraft began featuring
some products that ship directly from the manufacturer and not the
Woodcraft warehouses.

Yep, (as I said in other post), they don't have their logisitics
sorted out properly. Logistics is what amazon works hard on.

but I can't wait to see amazon delivering lathes, bed extensions and
and saw extensions via drones. /^:

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/7/2014 2:18 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

Yep, (as I said in other post), they don't have their logisitics
sorted out properly. Logistics is what amazon works hard on.

but I can't wait to see amazon delivering lathes, bed extensions and
and saw extensions via drones. /^:

Not perfected yet. I had a 24 hour delay for drone delivery of my
bandsaw because the winds were gusting 45 mph. I can't put up with
stuff like that.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Electric Comet wrote in news:m6296a$c0i$1
@dont-email.me:

Yep, (as I said in other post), they don't have their logisitics
sorted out properly. Logistics is what amazon works hard on.

but I can't wait to see amazon delivering lathes, bed extensions and
and saw extensions via drones. /^:

Based on what I've seen my litle quadcopter do, I'd say drone delivery of a
lathe definitely gives a new meaning to the term "head crash." :-)

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"GeneT" wrote in message
[...]

Well, the ONE (1) unit out of FOUR (4) ordered and charged to my credit card
arrived from Woodcraft with a Woodcraft address. Maybe the just provided a
label for somebody else, but that seems unlikely. By the way, they have now
added a $150 per unit "Handling / Freight (per item)" to the listing for the
item on their website. I have no idea if I will ever receive the other
three (3) units from Woodcraft. I did finally receive a response from them
today though. All it said was we regularly charge $150 freight for that
item, and we will take you off our SPAM list. Please give it a couple days
to take affect. Nothing about making the balance charged right or shipping
the other three units. They did say if I call and give them my credit card
number again they will credit me the $11 for ordering two units. ROFL.

I did order a couple from somebody else, (Acme Tools Inc - Ebay) so I can
atleast move forward on my project. Price for two (2) including shipping
was $196.00. Tracking was provided the day it was ordered. Tracking shows
it was picked up the next day. I highly doubt I'll buy from Woodcraft
again. Certainly the odds of an on-line purchase from me are slim.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"dpb" wrote in message ...
[...]

No worries dpb. Everybody has problems sometimes. The problem is this
order seems to have been fraught with multiple problems. None of them have
been dealt with well.

Posted to rec.woodworking

[...]

Well, I'll put off calling my credit card company until tomorrow. I finally
received a message from Woodcraft that appeared to address the actual
issues. If the issues do actually get resolved I'll let you guys know.