Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Woodcraft Again

On 12/06/2014 8:22 AM, Doug Miller wrote:
Martin wrote in news:TXugw.226231$Wc4.124624
@fx17.iad:

I think you are going over board.

Huh?

Stock isn't in one massive building on everything. Likely they had
one in stock and the other 3 in remote stock. e.g. a store or another
building in another state. So the order was in to the other site
and thus money spent. Canceling when you did likely didn't go through
since the three were on the way from a remote site.

That in no way excuses charging $125 for freight after telling him
that shipping was free, or shipping one when he ordered four.

Presuming the 0 shipping was a quote and not an incomplete order of
shipping added but not estimated (and I've no doubt Bob at least
_thought_ it was a firm quote) I'll agree on the shipping.

Partial shipping of in stock is pretty common with other backordered or
shipped from alternate sites but that, too, _should_ be make apparent up
front.

I'm sorry to hear of the problems; I'm actually surprised as what
dealings I've had w/ Woodcraft previously have been satisfactory. I'm
sorry I apparently gave a recommendation to what isn't as good as
thought; I'll refrain from doing so for them until have further direct
evidence from now on...

The lack of communication is, indeed, most surprisng aspect to me as
that part when I have contacted them previously was always prompt, at least.