Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Woodcraft Again

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
Well, they charged me quite a lot for freight, but I never did get any
feedback from them. Last Friday I received an email saying they would
ship on Monday. On Tuesday I received an email saying that I was going to
be charged actual freight and asked if would I like to cancel the order.
I said, "Yes. If the order has not shipped cancel the order." On
Thursday I received a package from them with one (1) leaf. I ordered four
(4). Today I checked my credit card information online and they finally
changed the authorization/hold to a charge for the price of all four (4)
units plus the exorbitant shipping charge. I called customer service who
said, sorry can't help you. We can have somebody call you on Monday. I
tried repeatedly to communicate prior to today, and never got a call back
or a any real information about straightening it out. Everybody has
problems, and makes mistakes, but its how often they have problems, and
what they do about it that makes the difference. One order, multiple
problems (from my perspective) and left hanging all week with little or no
communication, and the little communication I received was inadequate or
contradictory.

To the guy who said I would have to try them to know. Well, now I know.

To the folks who have local stores and say their counter people are
helpful... good for you. Just know if there is problem with their online
systems and shipping and order handling and customer service it might not
go as well.

Monday I'll call my credit card company.

This has drawn out so long I lost track of time. The emails regarding
cancelling/shipping/etc were the previous week.