Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Woodcraft Again

"Martin Eastburn" wrote in message
I think you are going over board.

Stock isn't in one massive building on everything. Likely they had
one in stock and the other 3 in remote stock. e.g. a store or another
building in another state. So the order was in to the other site
and thus money spent. Canceling when you did likely didn't go through
since the three were on the way from a remote site.

Martin

The original order was placed on 11/20/14. Even bearing in mind the
intervening holiday shipping from anywhere in the country should have been
here by now. Even if shipped by FedEx ground which is the slowest of the
common carrier services. If they decided to ship it LTL then who knows if
or when it will ever arrive. The one unit that did arrive was shipped UPS
ground. The lack of communication however is unsatisfactory. My big gripe
though is that their website said ZERO (0) for freight. I was charged $125
for freight. If their website had said $125 for freight when I checked out
I would have just taken that into account verses Rockler, Amazon, or Ebay
vendor totals after freight and consider it accordingly.

Monday I call my credit card company. If they call me with a resolution
before I get around to calling the CC then good for them, but based on the
lack of communication so far I am not going to hold my breath.

On 12/5/2014 7:56 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
Well, they charged me quite a lot for freight, but I never did get any
feedback from them. Last Friday I received an email saying they would
ship on Monday. On Tuesday I received an email saying that I was going
to be charged actual freight and asked if would I like to cancel the
order. I said, "Yes. If the order has not shipped cancel the order."
On Thursday I received a package from them with one (1) leaf. I ordered
four (4). Today I checked my credit card information online and they
finally changed the authorization/hold to a charge for the price of all
four (4) units plus the exorbitant shipping charge. I called customer
service who said, sorry can't help you. We can have somebody call you
on Monday. I tried repeatedly to communicate prior to today, and never
got a call back or a any real information about straightening it out.
Everybody has problems, and makes mistakes, but its how often they have
problems, and what they do about it that makes the difference. One
order, multiple problems (from my perspective) and left hanging all week
with little or no communication, and the little communication I received
was inadequate or contradictory.

To the guy who said I would have to try them to know. Well, now I know.

To the folks who have local stores and say their counter people are
helpful... good for you. Just know if there is problem with their
online systems and shipping and order handling and customer service it
might not go as well.

Monday I'll call my credit card company.