Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default Craftsman Evolv ratcheting T-handle blade is removable?

This is my third ratcheting screwdriver purchase so far, a
Craftsman Evolv ratcheting T-handle.

The online description says "Quick shaft exchange". The package
says "1/4 inch drive adapter". The blade is very slightly loose in
the socket, it is obviously not part of the socket. But trying to
pull the thing out of the socket isn't working. The t-handle pulled
off, though. Question is, is the shaft/blade removable or not?

Thanks.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On 7/6/2014 9:48 AM, John Doe wrote:
This is my third ratcheting screwdriver purchase so far, a
Craftsman Evolv ratcheting T-handle.

The online description says "Quick shaft exchange". The package
says "1/4 inch drive adapter". The blade is very slightly loose in
the socket, it is obviously not part of the socket. But trying to
pull the thing out of the socket isn't working. The t-handle pulled
off, though. Question is, is the shaft/blade removable or not?

Thanks.

You might get more replies if you address this in other than a
woodworking group.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Leon lcb11211 swbelldotnet wrote:

John Doe wrote:

This is my third ratcheting screwdriver purchase so far, a
Craftsman Evolv ratcheting T-handle.

The online description says "Quick shaft exchange". The package
says "1/4 inch drive adapter". The blade is very slightly loose
in the socket, it is obviously not part of the socket. But
trying to pull the thing out of the socket isn't working. The
t-handle pulled off, though. Question is, is the shaft/blade
removable or not?

Thanks.

You might get more replies if you address this in other than a
woodworking group.

Judging by research on the Internet, I might get more replies by
addressing this to Mars.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

John Doe wrote:

This is my third ratcheting screwdriver purchase so far, a
Craftsman Evolv ratcheting T-handle.

The online description says "Quick shaft exchange". The package
says "1/4 inch drive adapter". The blade is very slightly loose
in the socket, it is obviously not part of the socket. But
trying to pull the thing out of the socket isn't working. The
t-handle pulled off, though. Question is, is the shaft/blade
removable or not?

Thanks.

You might get more replies if you address this in other than a
woodworking group.

Judging by research on the Internet, I might get more replies by
addressing this to Mars.

Well at least you are not pitting Lamborghini's and Ferrari's against
each other. Being unhappy with one of those purchases would be harder
to swallow than a thumb ratchet.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

John Doe wrote:

This is my third ratcheting screwdriver purchase so far, a
Craftsman Evolv ratcheting T-handle.

The online description says "Quick shaft exchange". The package
says "1/4 inch drive adapter". The blade is very slightly loose
in the socket, it is obviously not part of the socket. But
trying to pull the thing out of the socket isn't working. The
t-handle pulled off, though. Question is, is the shaft/blade
removable or not?

Thanks.

You might get more replies if you address this in other than a
woodworking group.

Judging by research on the Internet, I might get more replies by
addressing this to Mars.

Well at least you are not pitting Lamborghini's and Ferrari's
against each other. Being unhappy with one of those purchases would
be harder to swallow than a thumb ratchet.

No, he's pitting jury-rigged powered roller skates against street
traffic. Would you bet your life on the reliability of a drive train
that depended on a Chinese palm ratchet?.

-R. Goldberg

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,free.usenet,free.spirit

off-topic troll

From: "Jim Wilkins" muratlanne gmail.com
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 14:33:27 -0400

news:w_2dneXkf_1XFCTOnZ2dnUVZ5ridnZ2d giganews.com...

John Doe wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,free.usenet,free.spirit

I wish money grew on trees here like they do wherever "Leon"
lives. These are cheap, but my resources don't allow me to buy
every related product on the market, that's why I ask about them.

If you were uninterested, you would just ignore the post. If
you're desperate for attention, you could jump back into the
zillions of off-topic politically charged troll threads to get
that attention fix you seek, at about the same cost.

--

Path: eternal-september.org!news.eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!usenet.blueworldhosting.com!feeder01 .blueworldhosting.com!peer02.iad.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!border3.nntp.dca.giganews.com!backlog3.n ntp.dca3.giganews.com!Xl.tags.giganews.com!border1 .nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!local2.nn tp.dca.giganews.com!news.giganews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/6/14, 2:03 PM, John Doe wrote:
I wish money grew on trees here like they do wherever "Leon" lives.
These are cheap, but my resources don't allow me to buy every related
product on the market, that's why I ask about them.

If you were uninterested, you would just ignore the post. If you're
desperate for attention, you could jump back into the zillions of
off-topic politically charged troll threads to get that attention fix
you seek, at about the same cost.

The irony in this top-poster's crybaby reply is that he puts Leon real
name in quotation marks while posting anonymously.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking,free.usenet,free.spirit

As any experienced Internet user should know... Using a real
sounding name doesn't mean squat in a public forum on the
Internet. It doesn't mean the name belongs to the user. And even
if the name does, there's no way to know whether the same person
is using a dozen other aliases. And many people who use real
sounding names are salesman. In other words... Stop beating your
chest about using a real sounding name, you'll never be a tough
guy on the Internet.

From: -MIKE- mike mikedrumsDOT.com
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2014 14:07:24 -0500

On 7/6/14, 2:03 PM, John Doe wrote:
I wish money grew on trees here like they do wherever "Leon" lives.
These are cheap, but my resources don't allow me to buy every related
product on the market, that's why I ask about them.

If you were uninterested, you would just ignore the post. If you're
desperate for attention, you could jump back into the zillions of
off-topic politically charged troll threads to get that attention fix
you seek, at about the same cost.

The irony in this top-poster's crybaby reply is that he puts Leon real
name in quotation marks while posting anonymously.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com
mike mikedrumsDOT.com
---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/6/14, 2:24 PM, John Doe wrote:
As any experienced Internet user should know... Using a real
sounding name doesn't mean squat in a public forum on the Internet.
It doesn't mean the name belongs to the user. And even if the name
does, there's no way to know whether the same person is using a dozen
other aliases. And many people who use real sounding names are
salesman. In other words... Stop beating your chest about using a
real sounding name, you'll never be a tough guy on the Internet.

Except that my name is real. His name is real. Many of us in here use
our real names and have met in person. You're just a hypocrite doing
what you're accusing other of doing.

As for being a tough guy... I don't hide behind anonymity on the internet
and never have. I am easily found. I don't say anything to anyone on
the internet I wouldn't say to their face. Ask all the guys in here I've
met in person.

You?

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,free.usenet,free.spirit

John Doe wrote:
I wish money grew on trees here like they do wherever "Leon"
lives. These are cheap, but my resources don't allow me to buy
every related product on the market, that's why I ask about them.

If you were uninterested, you would just ignore the post. If
you're desperate for attention, you could jump back into the
zillions of off-topic politically charged troll threads to get
that attention fix you seek, at about the same cost.

And if you had a real and legitimate interest, you would post to the
appropriate newsgroups and accept the answers you received. Rather - you
are a troll. A simple google search would have anwered your quesiton in
less than five minutes. It's clear you consider yourself above that and
you're one of those people who "justify" their abuse of usenet because of
your "special" need. Learn to use google and stay out of newsgroups if you
don't like the responses you see.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking,free.usenet,free.spirit

John Doe wrote:
As any experienced Internet user should know... Using a real
sounding name doesn't mean squat in a public forum on the
Internet.

That would be fine except you have proven yourself to be the asshole by
posting to a newsgroup where everyone here knows this guy is for real. It
is you who is not. Sorry - you lose.

It doesn't mean the name belongs to the user. And even
if the name does, there's no way to know whether the same person
is using a dozen other aliases. And many people who use real
sounding names are salesman. In other words... Stop beating your
chest about using a real sounding name, you'll never be a tough
guy on the Internet.

Guys like you deserve one single response - "**** Off". If you can't figure
out a simple answer to a stupid question then you deserve to spend the rest
of your life wondering. What an idiot you are...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking,free.usenet,free.spirit

"Mike Marlow" wrote:
Guys like you deserve one single response - "**** Off". If you
can't figure out a simple answer to a stupid question then you
deserve to spend the rest of your life wondering. What an idiot you
are...

----------------------
You're giving more credit than is due.

Lew

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,free.usenet,free.spirit

off-topic troll...

From: "Lew Hodgett" sails.man1 verizon.net
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking,free.usenet,free.spirit
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 13:13:18 -0700

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,free.usenet,free.spirit

Trolls will troll whatever you do, but... This is a good reason
for not answering a regular when he asks "What are you doing?" or
"What is this for?" If you answer, you set yourself up for a reply
like "You shouldn't be doing that". Or some asshole later on
jumping into your thread harping on how he doesn't like what
you're doing...

Posted to rec.woodworking,free.usenet,free.spirit

John Doe wrote:

Stop beating your
chest about using a real sounding name, you'll never be a tough
guy on the Internet.

Is there really such a thing?

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking,free.usenet,free.spirit

John Doe wrote:

If you were uninterested, you would just ignore the post. If
you're desperate for attention, you could jump back into the
zillions of off-topic politically charged troll threads to get
that attention fix you seek, at about the same cost.

Actually - very true. I do sometimes let things get the better of me and my
best judgement...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,free.usenet,free.spirit

John Doe wrote:

off-topic troll...

Ummmmm... you're the one who originated the thread. Any responses to you
can't be off-topic. Oh wait - you were telling us what your purpose here
is...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking,free.usenet,free.spirit

John Doe wrote:

As any experienced Internet user should know... Using a real
sounding name doesn't mean squat in a public forum on the
Internet. It doesn't mean the name belongs to the user. And even
if the name does, there's no way to know whether the same person
is using a dozen other aliases. And many people who use real
sounding names are salesman. In other words... Stop beating your
chest about using a real sounding name, you'll never be a tough
guy on the Internet.

And any experienced internet user would 1) post to the appropriate
newsgroups, 2) do a bit of research to find the obvious answers before
posting to a newsgroup, 3) take the time to see who the regulars are and
actually gain a appreciation for who is actually using real names as opposed
to his obvious fake name. Go away troll.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking,free.usenet,free.spirit

John Doe wrote:

As any experienced Internet user should know... Using a real
sounding name doesn't mean squat in a public forum on the
Internet. It doesn't mean the name belongs to the user. And even
if the name does, there's no way to know whether the same person
is using a dozen other aliases. And many people who use real
sounding names are salesman. In other words... Stop beating your
chest about using a real sounding name, you'll never be a tough
guy on the Internet.

Sure thing Mr. Experienced Internet User - you should have no problem
googling the answer to your question...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,free.usenet,free.spirit

John Doe wrote:

Trolls will troll whatever you do, but... This is a good reason
for not answering a regular when he asks "What are you doing?" or
"What is this for?" If you answer, you set yourself up for a reply
like "You shouldn't be doing that". Or some asshole later on
jumping into your thread harping on how he doesn't like what
you're doing...

You probably just should not dabble in the internet - your delicate feelings
are just going to get hurt over and over and over again.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,free.usenet,free.spirit

On Sun, 6 Jul 2014 18:42:01 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

John Doe wrote:

Trolls will troll whatever you do, but... This is a good reason
for not answering a regular when he asks "What are you doing?" or
"What is this for?" If you answer, you set yourself up for a reply
like "You shouldn't be doing that". Or some asshole later on
jumping into your thread harping on how he doesn't like what
you're doing...

You probably just should not dabble in the internet - your delicate feelings
are just going to get hurt over and over and over again.

At least on Usenet.

(Grin)

-

"[F]ar from being the Great Satan, I would say that we
are the Great Protector. We have sent men and women
from the armed forces of the United States to other parts
of the world throughout the past century to put down oppression.
We defeated Fascism. We defeated Communism.
We saved Europe in World War I and World War II.
We were willing to do it, glad to do it. We went to
Korea. We went to Vietnam. All in the interest of
preserving the rights of people.

And when all those conflicts were over, what did we
do? Did we stay and conquer? Did we say, "Okay, we
defeated Germany. Now Germany belongs to us? We defeated Japan,
so Japan belongs to us"? No. What did we do?
We built them up. We gave them democratic systems which
they have embraced totally to their soul.
And did we ask for any land? No.

The only land we ever asked for was
enough land to bury our dead."

General Colin Powell

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,free.usenet,free.spirit

I'll do what I please...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,free.usenet,free.spirit

Babbling troll...

Posted to rec.woodworking,free.usenet,free.spirit

is there really such what thing?

Posted to rec.woodworking,free.usenet,free.spirit,free.usenet,free.spirit

I have spent much time doing research.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,free.usenet,free.spirit

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
John Doe wrote:

Trolls will troll whatever you do, but... This is a good reason
for not answering a regular when he asks "What are you doing?" or
"What is this for?" If you answer, you set yourself up for a reply
like "You shouldn't be doing that". Or some asshole later on
jumping into your thread harping on how he doesn't like what
you're doing...

You probably just should not dabble in the internet - your delicate
feelings are just going to get hurt over and over and over again.

--

-Mike-

That's been his history. He repeatedly asks about some cheap way to
cut corners, ignores or disputes the helpful responses, then throws a
hissy over any hint of criticism and leaves for a while.

I don't care what he does to himself as long as the lawyers can't
trace the failure back to me. I posted to warn others that their
innocent advice seemingly about hand tools could have unexpectedly
adverse consequences.

-C. Darwin

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,free.usenet,free.spirit

Off-topic troll...

From: "Jim Wilkins" muratlanne gmail.com
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,free.usene t,free.spirit
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 20:27:50 -0400

"Mike Marlow" mmarlowREMOVE windstream.net wrote in message
news:lpcjae$942$1 dont-email.me...
John Doe wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,free.usenet,free.spirit

This is a good reason for not answering a regular when he asks
"What are you doing?" or "What is this for?" If you answer, you
set yourself up for a reply like "You shouldn't be doing that".
Or some asshole later jumps into your thread harping on how he
doesn't like what you do...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On 2014-07-06, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:
On 7/6/2014 9:48 AM, John Doe wrote:
This is my third ratcheting screwdriver purchase so far, a
Craftsman Evolv ratcheting T-handle.

The online description says "Quick shaft exchange". The package

[ ... ]

You might get more replies if you address this in other than a
woodworking group.

He *did*. Look at the "Newsgroups: " header. (Copied here form
above in case you can't view the headers in your newsreader.

Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

So -- *two* newsgroups -- either of which is likely to have some
people who use the ratcheting driver in question. (*I* don't have one --
haven't bought anything from Sears/Craftsman for decade. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail