Tyke

Default Craftsman new table saw owners - wheres your blade alignment

I just bought the new Craftsman table saw 22124. Is it me or is there no
alignment mechanism for the blade to be adjusted parallel to the mitre
slots? I see how to align the fence to the mitre slots. I see how to align
the bevel.

I know the motor/trunnions mount from the table, but for owners of these new
models, how good is the factory alignment? Is any tweaking possible?

I have not removed the steel cage yet and so have not done any digging.
This is not exactly an easy item to return if the alignment is out with no
adjustment possible.

Thanks for any input.

Dave Paine.

robdingnagian1

Tyke wrote:
I just bought the new Craftsman table saw 22124. Is it me or is

there no
alignment mechanism for the blade to be adjusted parallel to the

mitre
slots? I see how to align the fence to the mitre slots. I see how

to align
the bevel.

I know the motor/trunnions mount from the table, but for owners of

these new
models, how good is the factory alignment? Is any tweaking possible?

I have not removed the steel cage yet and so have not done any

digging.
This is not exactly an easy item to return if the alignment is out

with no
adjustment possible.

Thanks for any input.

Dave Paine.

I believe that if you loosen the bolts that hold the table to the
cabinet and give it a twist, theres your answer. If you do this real
hard, you will get an exaggerated example of what I mean. I would
recommend though, that you barely loosen the bolts and barely tap it
into alignment. Use a dial indicator if you have one to measure
accuracy.

Check out the Table Saw Book by Kelly Mehler on table saw tuneup.
Eric

Silvan

robdingnagian1 wrote:

recommend though, that you barely loosen the bolts and barely tap it
into alignment. Use a dial indicator if you have one to measure
accuracy.

And if you don't, buy a dial indicator. I lined my (completely unrelated)
saw up using some more inferior means, but wood was still burning a little.
I bought a dial indicator and had another go, and found it was still pretty
far out of whack. I managed to nudge it down to some ridicuously close
tolerance like 0.001" or something. Google remembers exactly what it was,
so I don't have to. Dial indicators are a great thing to have. Saw cuts
like a champ now. I think this is one adjustment where it's really worth
the time to keep at it until you get it as close to perfect as you can
possibly manage.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
MrMortise

Dear Dave,
It is a matter of readjusting the entire cast iron top if
the slots are out, there are instructions in the manual to do so. MIne
was fine out of the cage. By the way.....you might want to get a buddy
to help you. It's damn heavy! Good luck. I hope you like your new toy.
I love mine! Look for an old review I posted from last july or so.

Michael