Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default Craftsman Evolv ratcheting T-handle blade is removable?

This is my third ratcheting screwdriver purchase so far, a
Craftsman Evolv ratcheting T-handle.

The online description says "Quick shaft exchange". The package
says "1/4 inch drive adapter". The blade is very slightly loose in
the socket, it is obviously not part of the socket. But trying to
pull the thing out of the socket isn't working. The t-handle pulled
off, though. Question is, is the shaft/blade removable or not?

Thanks.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On 7/6/2014 9:48 AM, John Doe wrote:
This is my third ratcheting screwdriver purchase so far, a
Craftsman Evolv ratcheting T-handle.

The online description says "Quick shaft exchange". The package
says "1/4 inch drive adapter". The blade is very slightly loose in
the socket, it is obviously not part of the socket. But trying to
pull the thing out of the socket isn't working. The t-handle pulled
off, though. Question is, is the shaft/blade removable or not?

Thanks.

You might get more replies if you address this in other than a
woodworking group.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Leon lcb11211 swbelldotnet wrote:

John Doe wrote:

This is my third ratcheting screwdriver purchase so far, a
Craftsman Evolv ratcheting T-handle.

The online description says "Quick shaft exchange". The package
says "1/4 inch drive adapter". The blade is very slightly loose
in the socket, it is obviously not part of the socket. But
trying to pull the thing out of the socket isn't working. The
t-handle pulled off, though. Question is, is the shaft/blade
removable or not?

Thanks.

You might get more replies if you address this in other than a
woodworking group.

Judging by research on the Internet, I might get more replies by
addressing this to Mars.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

John Doe wrote:

This is my third ratcheting screwdriver purchase so far, a
Craftsman Evolv ratcheting T-handle.

The online description says "Quick shaft exchange". The package
says "1/4 inch drive adapter". The blade is very slightly loose
in the socket, it is obviously not part of the socket. But
trying to pull the thing out of the socket isn't working. The
t-handle pulled off, though. Question is, is the shaft/blade
removable or not?

Thanks.

You might get more replies if you address this in other than a
woodworking group.

Judging by research on the Internet, I might get more replies by
addressing this to Mars.

Well at least you are not pitting Lamborghini's and Ferrari's against
each other. Being unhappy with one of those purchases would be harder
to swallow than a thumb ratchet.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

John Doe wrote:

This is my third ratcheting screwdriver purchase so far, a
Craftsman Evolv ratcheting T-handle.

The online description says "Quick shaft exchange". The package
says "1/4 inch drive adapter". The blade is very slightly loose
in the socket, it is obviously not part of the socket. But
trying to pull the thing out of the socket isn't working. The
t-handle pulled off, though. Question is, is the shaft/blade
removable or not?

Thanks.

You might get more replies if you address this in other than a
woodworking group.

Judging by research on the Internet, I might get more replies by
addressing this to Mars.

Well at least you are not pitting Lamborghini's and Ferrari's
against each other. Being unhappy with one of those purchases would
be harder to swallow than a thumb ratchet.

No, he's pitting jury-rigged powered roller skates against street
traffic. Would you bet your life on the reliability of a drive train
that depended on a Chinese palm ratchet?.

-R. Goldberg

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,free.usenet,free.spirit

off-topic troll

From: "Jim Wilkins" muratlanne gmail.com
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 14:33:27 -0400

news:w_2dneXkf_1XFCTOnZ2dnUVZ5ridnZ2d giganews.com...

John Doe wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,free.usenet,free.spirit

Trolls will troll whatever you do, but... This is a good reason
for not answering a regular when he asks "What are you doing?" or
"What is this for?" If you answer, you set yourself up for a reply
like "You shouldn't be doing that". Or some asshole later on
jumping into your thread harping on how he doesn't like what
you're doing...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,free.usenet,free.spirit

I wish money grew on trees here like they do wherever "Leon"
lives. These are cheap, but my resources don't allow me to buy
every related product on the market, that's why I ask about them.

If you were uninterested, you would just ignore the post. If
you're desperate for attention, you could jump back into the
zillions of off-topic politically charged troll threads to get
that attention fix you seek, at about the same cost.

--

Path: eternal-september.org!news.eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!usenet.blueworldhosting.com!feeder01 .blueworldhosting.com!peer02.iad.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!border3.nntp.dca.giganews.com!backlog3.n ntp.dca3.giganews.com!Xl.tags.giganews.com!border1 .nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!local2.nn tp.dca.giganews.com!news.giganews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/6/14, 2:03 PM, John Doe wrote:
I wish money grew on trees here like they do wherever "Leon" lives.
These are cheap, but my resources don't allow me to buy every related
product on the market, that's why I ask about them.

If you were uninterested, you would just ignore the post. If you're
desperate for attention, you could jump back into the zillions of
off-topic politically charged troll threads to get that attention fix
you seek, at about the same cost.

The irony in this top-poster's crybaby reply is that he puts Leon real
name in quotation marks while posting anonymously.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,free.usenet,free.spirit

John Doe wrote:
I wish money grew on trees here like they do wherever "Leon"
lives. These are cheap, but my resources don't allow me to buy
every related product on the market, that's why I ask about them.

If you were uninterested, you would just ignore the post. If
you're desperate for attention, you could jump back into the
zillions of off-topic politically charged troll threads to get
that attention fix you seek, at about the same cost.

And if you had a real and legitimate interest, you would post to the
appropriate newsgroups and accept the answers you received. Rather - you
are a troll. A simple google search would have anwered your quesiton in
less than five minutes. It's clear you consider yourself above that and
you're one of those people who "justify" their abuse of usenet because of
your "special" need. Learn to use google and stay out of newsgroups if you
don't like the responses you see.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On 2014-07-06, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:
On 7/6/2014 9:48 AM, John Doe wrote:
This is my third ratcheting screwdriver purchase so far, a
Craftsman Evolv ratcheting T-handle.

The online description says "Quick shaft exchange". The package

[ ... ]

You might get more replies if you address this in other than a
woodworking group.

He *did*. Look at the "Newsgroups: " header. (Copied here form
above in case you can't view the headers in your newsreader.

Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

So -- *two* newsgroups -- either of which is likely to have some
people who use the ratcheting driver in question. (*I* don't have one --
haven't bought anything from Sears/Craftsman for decade. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail