Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Scratch awl w/removable handle?

I'd like a scratch awl that has a handle that screws on. That way I
can chuck the steel in a drill to sharpen it. Anyone know of one made
like this?
JP

Posted to rec.woodworking

Jay Pique wrote:

I'd like a scratch awl that has a handle that screws on. That way I
can chuck the steel in a drill to sharpen it. Anyone know of one made
like this?
JP

Try a leather supply place. Tandy sells a "Craftool 4-in-1 Awl Set"
Stock # 3209-00 that has interchangeable blades. See:

"http://www.leatherfactory.com/products.asp

Search for 3209-00.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

Nova wrote:
Jay Pique wrote:

I'd like a scratch awl that has a handle that screws on. That way I
can chuck the steel in a drill to sharpen it. Anyone know of one made
like this?
JP

Try a leather supply place. Tandy sells a "Craftool 4-in-1 Awl Set"
Stock # 3209-00 that has interchangeable blades. See:

"http://www.leatherfactory.com/products.asp

Search for 3209-00.

That's pretty much what I was looking for. Thanks.
JP

Posted to rec.woodworking
L L is offline

In article .com,
Jay Pique wrote:
I'd like a scratch awl that has a handle that screws on. That way I
can chuck the steel in a drill to sharpen it. Anyone know of one made
like this?
JP

Don't know of one offhand that screws on, but Starret, General,
and others make several versions that use a collet to hold the
scriber in the handle, like an oversized pin vize. If you can't
find it quickly with a web search, try looking for "scriber" instead
of "awl"

--

SDF Public Access UNIX System -
http://sdf.lonestar.org
Posted to rec.woodworking

Jay
I am one of those, "if you like one, make one" sort of people. Why not make
a scratch awl using a masonry nail for hardness and put it in a removable
handle? I made a carving set for my daughter who travels (she is in Thailand
now until March) and it has interchangable blades. The instructions are over
at http://aroundthewoods.com/carver.shtml . Have fun. Actually a scratch awl
would be handy. Maybe I will make one. Watch the site :-)
______
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
Truro, NS, Canada
www.aroundthewoods.com
"Jay Pique" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'd like a scratch awl that has a handle that screws on. That way I
can chuck the steel in a drill to sharpen it. Anyone know of one made
like this?
JP

Moen kitchen sink faucet handle [email protected] Home Repair 4 October 22nd 05 04:30 PM
"Strap Handle" source Brian Reay UK diy 2 September 26th 05 07:03 AM
British Cars !!! Crank handle for MG Y Bruce Simpson Metalworking 7 August 29th 05 06:21 PM
Metal Door & Handle BigWallop UK diy 1 June 15th 04 08:00 AM
Nails Approved as Handle Ties Peter H. Metalworking 5 January 20th 04 02:16 AM