Peter H.

Default Nails Approved as Handle Ties

Check out the latest issue of EC&M, page 84.

The 2005 NEC contains a slight change to permit "identified" handle ties,
rather than "approved" handle ties.

Art. 100 defines "identified" as "recognizable as suitable for the specific
purpose ...".

Art. 100 defines "approved" as "acceptable to the authority having
jurisdiction".

A nail as a handle tie had been "approved" in the described and illustrated
case.

So, if your authority approves a nail as a handle tie, then you're OK.

However, after the 2005 NEC becomes effective, only a manufacturer's handle
ties will be permitted.

Lewis Hartswick

Leigh Knudson wrote:

I think this must be valuable information to someone but I need to
know what a handle tie is to utilize it. Leigh@MarMachine

If you don't know what a handle tie is you probably don't need one.
:-)
:-) ...lew...
lane

"Leigh Knudson" wrote in message

I think this must be valuable information to someone but I need to
know what a handle tie is to utilize it. Leigh@MarMachine

Look at: http://www.ecmweb.com/ar/electric_il...atastrophes_8/

Gerald Miller

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 10:16:58 -0800, "lane"
lane_nospam@copperaccents_dot_com wrote:

"Leigh Knudson" wrote in message

I think this must be valuable information to someone but I need to
know what a handle tie is to utilize it. Leigh@MarMachine

Look at: http://www.ecmweb.com/ar/electric_il...atastrophes_8/

Like road rage, electrical idiotsy can be beneficial at times.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada