Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sawstop

wrote:
On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 12:09:59 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

Just such a shame that we have to put all this technology into a car
and overcomplicate/over expense things, simply to make life easier
for stupid people. I mean really - how hard has it ever been to
look at a tire to see if it needs a little checking? How hard is it
to back up without turning your head, or looking in three different
mirrors? Next will come an alarm for the idiots that aren't looking
at the camera display in the dash and are about to back over
something

I'm not saying I approve any of these things, but the real fact is
that there's a large number of people who do not, will not, or refuse
to pay attention to all those things. You might call them stupid, I
blame it on the values that our current society attempts to instill in
everybody from the very young to the very old.

I agree - and that's the underlying reason for why i believe this kind of
crap can't work. Stupid people are anxious to embrace things like
technology that they believe will help them in their stupidity, but in the
end they simply ignore it and live in their stupid worlds. Technology just
can't fix stupid. So - shortly after cameras are installed in cars, stupid
people will stop looking at the display screen in the same manner that they
stopped looking in their mirrors.

Another part of the problem is that in this technological age, there's
a rush to stuff anything and everything with something electronic. ~
more to make a buck than safety motivated I'd say.

I agree.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lee Michaels wrote:

Another feature that I would approve of would be to spray the
offender with some kind of dye that does not wash out for a few days.
It would be the designated "idiot Color" That way every body would
know they were idiots and were caught and sprayed by the idiot alarm.

I think you're on to something here Lee. Maybe a really stinky sort of
spray. I'm all in on this idea...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/24/2014 12:37 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 12:33:31 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
I agree, more so from the convenience aspect. And as I previously
mentioned, keyless ignition and entry. You really don't realize how
nice that is until you walk up to your other vehicle to unlock the doors
or trunk with out keyless and dig around in your pocket for the keys in
the rain.

Since it's been awhile since I owned a car, I have to ask. What's the
safety method to keep those keyless cars from being stolen?

A key fob that only has to be in your pocket or purse. Typically they
work just like keyless entry, the interior lights up when you get near
the vehicle and the door unlocks when you touch the door handle, you
relock by touching another unique spot on the handle, get in and push a
button to start the engine. None of this works with out the key fob
being very close by. Additionally if you leave the key fob in the
vehicle you cannot lock the doors from out side the vehicle. Drop the
key fob inside the trunk and you can't close the deck lid.

Additionally the key fob has the usual buttons to use if you choose to
do all of this manually or want to double check that you locked the
vehicle with out walking all the way back to the parking spot. AND the
key fob has an internal emergency key that will pull out and unlock the
drivers door.

The biggest learning curve to this keyless ignition and unlock option is
to remember to not pull your keys out.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

I agree, more so from the convenience aspect. And as I previously
mentioned, keyless ignition and entry. You really don't realize how
nice that is until you walk up to your other vehicle to unlock the
doors or trunk with out keyless and dig around in your pocket for
the keys in the rain.

Rain?

You drive in the rain?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/24/2014 9:27 AM, Leon wrote:

Having said all of that, all new cars sold in the US in 2018 will all
have back up cameras. I wonder who is to be blamed for that?

I'll take a portion of the blame. In a few forums, I've stated I will
not buy a new car unless it has a camera. I've had one for about 18
months and I'd give up seatbelts or airbags before I'd give up the
camera. IMO, it is one of the best safety devices ever in
automobiles.
Perhaps my voice has been heard and it pushed along some congress
critter to pass a law for them.

Well - we are all entitled to our own opinions, but I don't feel that your
inability to look and to back out of a parking space, or to back into a
parking space should dictate what everyone else should pay for. Learn to
drive and you won't have to feel so compelled to dictate the actions of
others.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/24/2014 12:49 PM, woodchucker wrote:
On 4/24/2014 12:09 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Swingman wrote:
On 4/24/2014 9:32 AM, Leon wrote:

The idiot light is a PIA, the one on our Camry not so much as it does
give pressure readings on each tire so you at least know if the tire
is dangerously low or not. Now if only it could tell you which tire
was 5 lbs low. ;~)

Never had a vehicle with this much high tech until the 2013 RAM, which
has a screen that shows the TP of each individual tire (except the
spare).

NOT something I need, or even want, and not wowed by it, since it
looks like a other expense down the road.

Haven't verified the readings with a tire gauge, but the values
certainly change when the tires are warmed up after driving.

Meh ...

Just such a shame that we have to put all this technology into a car and
overcomplicate/over expense things, simply to make life easier for stupid
people. I mean really - how hard has it ever been to look at a tire
to see
if it needs a little checking? How hard is it to back up without turning
your head, or looking in three different mirrors? Next will come an
alarm
for the idiots that aren't looking at the camera display in the dash
and are
about to back over something.

Talk about fixing problems that don't really exist...

Ok - rant off...

Mike, what if this were not pushed by soccer moms, but by tire
manufacturers to cover their asses.

The firestone tires on the explorers that were failing...
I wonder if these are tied into the computer to show you have not been
taking care of your tires...

If you didn't maintain pressure, no warranty..

Just a thought.

Probably not, having been in the tire business there are obvious
indicators that point to under inflation being the reason for premature
failure.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/24/2014 11:20 AM, Swingman wrote:

NOT something I need, or even want, and not wowed by it, since it
looks like a other expense down the road.

Haven't verified the readings with a tire gauge, but the values
certainly change when the tires are warmed up after driving.

Meh ...

I'm neutral on them. I had tires replaced and they left the stems in
place. Would have been about $12 to $15 each if they had to be
replaced. The first really cold ay the light lit and I had to bump
the pressure a little and it was OK since. Another cold day it went
off, but this time it was because I picked up a nail in the tire.

If you found a place to replace TPMS stems for $12-$15, then you better
stick with them. Publish that site on the newsgoup. the going rate
anywhere on the net starts at $50 each, and goes up depending on the vehicle
and the amount of dealer involvement. Not all cars will take the
aftermarket stems - it depends on the relationship between the sensor and
the computer. Best to look a little more...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

woodchucker wrote:

Mike, what if this were not pushed by soccer moms, but by tire
manufacturers to cover their asses.

The firestone tires on the explorers that were failing...
I wonder if these are tied into the computer to show you have not been
taking care of your tires...

If you didn't maintain pressure, no warranty..

Just a thought.

Ok - I'll give you that. Either way - same effect... someone with an agenda
pushing a law on everyone else. And... in the end the same stupid
soccer-mom mentality falls in line behind the thinking.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/24/2014 1:09 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/24/2014 9:27 AM, Leon wrote:

Having said all of that, all new cars sold in the US in 2018 will all
have back up cameras. I wonder who is to be blamed for that?

I'll take a portion of the blame. In a few forums, I've stated I will
not buy a new car unless it has a camera. I've had one for about 18
months and I'd give up seatbelts or airbags before I'd give up the
camera. IMO, it is one of the best safety devices ever in
automobiles.
Perhaps my voice has been heard and it pushed along some congress
critter to pass a law for them.

Well - we are all entitled to our own opinions, but I don't feel that your
inability to look and to back out of a parking space, or to back into a
parking space should dictate what everyone else should pay for. Learn to
drive and you won't have to feel so compelled to dictate the actions of
others.

Don'cha wish new cars came with out paint too? ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 12:54:51 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
I certainly would not pay extra unless I was having issues with
inflation pressures. I would certainly not expect any monetary return
on my investment other than inconvenience.

I'd bet it would be loss leader type of product that you get for cheap
or nothing. It brings you into someplace where they can suggest some
other purchase or repair.

And eventually, you get used to getting this product for free and
then 'voilà', suddenly they start charging for it.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/24/2014 9:27 AM, Leon wrote:

[...]

Well hell yeah! Think of the money I could make satisfying people's
desires!

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 14:05:46 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
I think you're on to something here Lee. Maybe a really stinky sort of
spray. I'm all in on this idea...

They could market it as 'Skunk parking protection'.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/24/2014 1:14 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

$7.99 each here

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/d...zoneAssigned=1

Exact fits on both vehicles that I have owned and every other one that I
checked.
Posted to rec.woodworking

woodchucker wrote:

Mike, what if this were not pushed by soccer moms, but by tire
manufacturers to cover their asses.

The firestone tires on the explorers that were failing...
I wonder if these are tied into the computer to show you have not
been
taking care of your tires...

Solved the Firestone problem back in the 70's.

Simply refused to accept delivery of a new company car if it had
Firestone tires on it.

Basically, everybody in the district did the same thing.

Can't comment on Bridgestone.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/24/2014 1:33 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
woodchucker wrote:

Mike, what if this were not pushed by soccer moms, but by tire
manufacturers to cover their asses.

The firestone tires on the explorers that were failing...
I wonder if these are tied into the computer to show you have not
been
taking care of your tires...

Solved the Firestone problem back in the 70's.

Simply refused to accept delivery of a new company car if it had
Firestone tires on it.

So you were not a Ford man? ;~)

Basically, everybody in the district did the same thing.

During that time if you bought a new vehicle you could take it to a BFG
dealer and they would replace what ever brand tire it had for free.

Can't comment on Bridgestone.

I steer clear of Bridgestone too.

I have the best luck with Michelin, Dunlop, and Falkin.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/24/2014 9:27 AM, Leon wrote:

[...]

I figgered you would appreciate more opportunity to paint. LOL
Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
On 4/24/2014 9:32 AM, Leon wrote:

[...]

Yes but now fully documented.

--
Jeff

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

$7.99 each here

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/d...zoneAssigned=1

Exact fits on both vehicles that I have owned and every other one
that I checked.

That is indeed a recent development. A year ago I did an exhaustive lookup
on this very same valve and it was $50 each at the lowest. Goes to show
what a year will do...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

I have the best luck with Michelin, Dunlop, and Falkin.

Not so much of a Michelin guy myself but my truck likes Dunlop - good for
plowing, pulling, driving. Great tire for the truck in my opion. Never
experienced - or even heard of Falkin. On the car - Cooper has done very
well. Performs well on dry roads, rain, and snow.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/24/2014 2:00 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Leon wrote:

$7.99 each here

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/d...zoneAssigned=1

Exact fits on both vehicles that I have owned and every other one
that I checked.

That is indeed a recent development. A year ago I did an exhaustive lookup
on this very same valve and it was $50 each at the lowest. Goes to show
what a year will do...

yeah! There is still the detail of having the tire broke down, parts
swapped, and remounted. That is going to be the kicker if one goes bad.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/24/2014 12:04 PM, Leon wrote:

I will say that I probably will never buy another vehicle with out the
back up camera. It makes placing the vehicle at just the right depth
anywhere in the garage very simple and works well when backing out of a
parking space between to panel vans.

Yep.

Hate to sound like a warm and fuzzy liberal, but I'd do it "for the
children" alone.

Neighbor with an adjacent driveway has two children under ten, and we
have neighbors on both sides of the street with children under five who
constantly use the sidewalks.

Anything to keep from running over a kid, or someone's pet ... adults
are on their own.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/24/2014 1:28 PM, Leon wrote:
On 4/24/2014 12:24 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/24/2014 11:20 AM, Swingman wrote:

NOT something I need, or even want, and not wowed by it, since it looks
like a other expense down the road.

Haven't verified the readings with a tire gauge, but the values
certainly change when the tires are warmed up after driving.

Meh ...

I'm neutral on them. I had tires replaced and they left the stems in
place. Would have been about $12 to $15 each if they had to be
replaced. The first really cold ay the light lit and I had to bump the
pressure a little and it was OK since. Another cold day it went off,
but this time it was because I picked up a nail in the tire.

From what I understand, nitrogen filled tires will be less susceptible
to pressure changes caused by temperature changes.

Nitrogen is a waste of money. I avoid that BS. I read articles
supporting my belief. Yes it works on airplanes / jets that go to
altitude and probably race cars too, but for the average driver it's a
waste.

--
Jeff

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 14:18:40 -0500, Swingman wrote:
Neighbor with an adjacent driveway has two children under ten, and we
have neighbors on both sides of the street with children under five who
constantly use the sidewalks.

Anything to keep from running over a kid, or someone's pet ... adults
are on their own.

Fully agree. Can't think of too many things more devastating than
running over a kid, or even worse, running over your own kid.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/24/2014 1:54 PM, Leon wrote:
On 4/24/2014 12:42 PM, Doug Winterburn wrote:
On 04/24/2014 10:28 AM, Leon wrote:
On 4/24/2014 12:24 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/24/2014 11:20 AM, Swingman wrote:

NOT something I need, or even want, and not wowed by it, since it
looks
like a other expense down the road.

Haven't verified the readings with a tire gauge, but the values
certainly change when the tires are warmed up after driving.

Meh ...

I'm neutral on them. I had tires replaced and they left the stems in
place. Would have been about $12 to $15 each if they had to be
replaced. The first really cold ay the light lit and I had to bump the
pressure a little and it was OK since. Another cold day it went off,
but this time it was because I picked up a nail in the tire.

From what I understand, nitrogen filled tires will be less susceptible
to pressure changes caused by temperature changes.

Here's an interesting article:

http://www.edmunds.com/car-care/should-you-fill-your-cars-tires-with-nitrogen.html

It is not the answer to everything. My biggest association is the upper
end dealers include the nitrogen on all of the cars, so while not
charging extra for it on the sticker it is affecting the price in some
fashion and or being the little extra feature that another dealer offers.

Every dealer that I have visited, with this feature, have stated that if
you have to add air bring the vehicle back in and they will deflate and
re-inflate with nitrogen at no charge. It is a perk that they build
into the price of the car like free oil changes for life, free loaner
cars, transportation to and from the dealer when your vehicle is in the
service department etc.

I certainly would not pay extra unless I was having issues with
inflation pressures. I would certainly not expect any monetary return
on my investment other than inconvenience.

I have a problem with the dealer servicing my car. They constantly
deflate the tire pressure to 28lbs.. I boost it back up . Don't know why
they think I want a soft ride.

I now boost my tires to 40lbs , used to be 32 but after talking with you
guys, I now do 40 and love the feel.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/24/2014 12:09 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:

Just such a shame that we have to put all this technology into a car and
overcomplicate/over expense things, simply to make life easier for stupid
people. I mean really - how hard has it ever been to look at a tire to see
if it needs a little checking? How hard is it to back up without turning
your head, or looking in three different mirrors? Next will come an alarm
for the idiots that aren't looking at the camera display in the dash and are
about to back over something.

Talk about fixing problems that don't really exist...

Ok - rant off...

Tell that to one of the many parents that backed up and killed their
kid. Happens a couple of hundred times a year.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/AUTOS/tipsan...1/03/backover/
http://www.kidsandcars.org/back-overs.html

Fact Sheet

In the U.S. at least fifty children are being backed over by vehicles
EVERY week. Forty-eight (48) are treated in hospital emergency rooms and
at least two (2) children are fatally injured every WEEK.

• The predominant age of victims is one year olds. (12€23 months)

• Over 60% of backing up incidents involved a larger size vehicle.
(truck, van, SUV)

• Tragically, in over 70% of these incidents, a parent or close relative
is behind the wheel.

The last car I owned that gave a good view of the rear was my '91 Regal.
Many cars give you no idea of what is behind the back glass. Most
SUV's have poor rear visibility.

My present car has a camera, as will every car I own in the future.
Unless you buy me a Lamborghini without one.

Oh, many low profile tires can be low on pressure and have little visual
impact. Not like the old fat tires that could drop 4" and fell kind of
mushy.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/24/2014 2:06 PM, Leon wrote:

A key fob that only has to be in your pocket or purse. Typically they
work just like keyless entry, the interior lights up when you get near
the vehicle and the door unlocks when you touch the door handle, you
relock by touching another unique spot on the handle, get in and push a
button to start the engine. None of this works with out the key fob
being very close by.

Not just any pocket. I have found that it will not work if you come home
from work and change into shorts, leaving the fob in your other pants in
the bedroom. I've done extensive research on that.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/24/2014 1:42 PM, Doug Winterburn wrote:

From what I understand, nitrogen filled tires will be less susceptible
to pressure changes caused by temperature changes.

Here's an interesting article:

http://www.edmunds.com/car-care/should-you-fill-your-cars-tires-with-nitrogen.html

I have a special compressor at home. I can fill my tires with 78%
nitrogen.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/24/2014 3:05 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Leon wrote:

I have the best luck with Michelin, Dunlop, and Falkin.

Not so much of a Michelin guy myself but my truck likes Dunlop - good for
plowing, pulling, driving. Great tire for the truck in my opion. Never
experienced - or even heard of Falkin. On the car - Cooper has done very
well. Performs well on dry roads, rain, and snow.

I had the worst experience with cooper on my car and van. What a
mistake... noisy, soft sidewall that the wind would cause havoc with.
Not very good traction, it was an all weather tire that didn't like the
rain or snow... and wasn't very good on dry either.

I had it's cousin (can't remember it's name Master something) on my
truck and that was good.

I like Toyo lately. quiet, really good in the turns, not great in snow,
just ok.

Michelin ok... mixed feelings but a long time since I had them.

My older Camry came with Bridgestones and they were way better than the
coopers...

Haven't had dunlops in years..

Do not like Goodyears... noisy ****s, that don't do that well...

I live on a country road, so I like a tire that handles the turns well.
There are a lot of them here. If it squeels on a slight turn it's a
crappy tire. The Toyo's are fantastic at just sitting right there.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/24/2014 12:09 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:

Just such a shame that we have to put all this technology into a car
and overcomplicate/over expense things, simply to make life easier
for stupid people. I mean really - how hard has it ever been to
look at a tire to see if it needs a little checking? How hard is it
to back up without turning your head, or looking in three different
mirrors? Next will come an alarm for the idiots that aren't looking
at the camera display in the dash and are about to back over
something. Talk about fixing problems that don't really exist...

[...]

Yup - and then after those same idiots get used to their cameras in their
cars and ignore them just like they ignore the obvious now... well you go
tell them how it's not their fault - there should have been some technology
that spared them from themselves.

Numbers of idiots do not make good reason for stupid laws. Those same
idiots will always be idiots.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 16:29:12 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
Numbers of idiots do not make good reason for stupid laws. Those same
idiots will always be idiots.

Mike, there isn't a person *anywhere* that can say they haven't done
something really dumb or stupid.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/24/2014 1:59 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:

Technology just can't fix stupid.

Only one thing fixes stupid and it's against the law.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 16:41:28 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
Mike, there isn't a person *anywhere* that can say they haven't done
something really dumb or stupid.

I agree. But that does not make a reason to create laws in attempt to
prevent everything people will do. That's putting a false security in the
power of that law.

Yeah, I know. And, I can't fault you in the least for ranting about
it. I suspect our parents did the same thing although I can only
remember one incident of my father ranting.

I was fifteen and swiped his car in the middle of a snowstorm and
drove some friends around. When he came out to drive to a dental
appointment, he found the car gone. Naturally, he called the police to
say that his car was stolen.

Anyway, I came back and promptly got stuck in the snow on the way into
the carport. He came out and caught me. He called the police to tell
them that his son had the car. I was lucky they didn't ask how old I
was.

.... After that was when the ranting started.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 10:42:08 -0700, Doug Winterburn
wrote:

On 04/24/2014 10:28 AM, Leon wrote:
On 4/24/2014 12:24 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/24/2014 11:20 AM, Swingman wrote:

NOT something I need, or even want, and not wowed by it, since it looks
like a other expense down the road.

Haven't verified the readings with a tire gauge, but the values
certainly change when the tires are warmed up after driving.

Meh ...

I'm neutral on them. I had tires replaced and they left the stems in
place. Would have been about $12 to $15 each if they had to be
replaced. The first really cold ay the light lit and I had to bump the
pressure a little and it was OK since. Another cold day it went off,
but this time it was because I picked up a nail in the tire.

From what I understand, nitrogen filled tires will be less susceptible
to pressure changes caused by temperature changes.

Here's an interesting article:

http://www.edmunds.com/car-care/should-you-fill-your-cars-tires-with-nitrogen.html

Recently had tires replaced, the dealer used nitrogen to fill the tire
at no charge. I know that the use of dry nitrogen has been a Nascar
staple for years, but it is to remove the variable of moisture. They
need it we do not.

Mark
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/24/2014 2:43 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/24/2014 2:06 PM, Leon wrote:

A key fob that only has to be in your pocket or purse. Typically they
work just like keyless entry, the interior lights up when you get near
the vehicle and the door unlocks when you touch the door handle, you
relock by touching another unique spot on the handle, get in and push a
button to start the engine. None of this works with out the key fob
being very close by.

Not just any pocket. I have found that it will not work if you come home
from work and change into shorts, leaving the fob in your other pants in
the bedroom. I've done extensive research on that.

That has not happened to me yet. What about your purses? ;~)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/24/2014 2:26 PM, woodchucker wrote:
On 4/24/2014 1:54 PM, Leon wrote:
On 4/24/2014 12:42 PM, Doug Winterburn wrote:
On 04/24/2014 10:28 AM, Leon wrote:
On 4/24/2014 12:24 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/24/2014 11:20 AM, Swingman wrote:

NOT something I need, or even want, and not wowed by it, since it
looks
like a other expense down the road.

Haven't verified the readings with a tire gauge, but the values
certainly change when the tires are warmed up after driving.

Meh ...

I'm neutral on them. I had tires replaced and they left the stems in
place. Would have been about $12 to $15 each if they had to be
replaced. The first really cold ay the light lit and I had to bump
the
pressure a little and it was OK since. Another cold day it went off,
but this time it was because I picked up a nail in the tire.

From what I understand, nitrogen filled tires will be less susceptible
[...]

Just keep an eye on your tread wear. If it starts wearing slightly more
in the middle you may want to back off a few pounds.

Sawstop FS Gramps' shop Woodworking 0 January 8th 14 04:36 AM
Sawstop. anyone? Gramp's shop[_2_] Woodworking 2 June 1st 13 04:16 PM
O/T: SawStop Lew Hodgett[_6_] Woodworking 77 February 1st 12 05:40 PM
Sawstop John UK diy 1 May 26th 10 01:20 PM
SawStop tzipple Woodworking 110 February 5th 05 12:01 AM