Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sawstop

http://blog.lostartpress.com/2013/08...top-table-saw/

--
www.ewoodshop.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 19:42:31 -0500, Swingman wrote:

http://blog.lostartpress.com/2013/08...top-table-saw/

Wonder where his is going to sell that Unisaw?
Posted to rec.woodworking

Markem wrote:
On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 19:42:31 -0500, Swingman wrote:

http://blog.lostartpress.com/2013/08...top-table-saw/

Wonder where his is going to sell that Unisaw?

It doesn't say that he is "a paid endorser", but I suspect it should.
Does anyone believe that he is not getting paid? I wouldn't be the
least bit surprised if he got a free saw (not that I begrudge him that).
Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill wrote:
Markem wrote:
On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 19:42:31 -0500, Swingman wrote:

http://blog.lostartpress.com/2013/08...top-table-saw/

Wonder where his is going to sell that Unisaw?

It doesn't say that he is "a paid endorser", but I suspect it should.
Does anyone believe that he is not getting paid? I wouldn't be the least
bit surprised if he got a free saw (not that I begrudge him that).

Did you not read in the article where he stated clearly that he paid full
retail price and received nothing from Sawstop?

--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)
Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
Bill wrote:
Markem wrote:
On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 19:42:31 -0500, Swingman wrote:

http://blog.lostartpress.com/2013/08...top-table-saw/
Wonder where his is going to sell that Unisaw?

It doesn't say that he is "a paid endorser", but I suspect it should.
Does anyone believe that he is not getting paid? I wouldn't be the least
bit surprised if he got a free saw (not that I begrudge him that).

Did you not read in the article where he stated clearly that he paid full
retail price and received nothing from Sawstop?

I received an email message today from Highland Woodworking revealing
Schwartz' new saw. It even had his picture.
Surely they must push a few cut-offs his way?

Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
Bill wrote:
Markem wrote:
On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 19:42:31 -0500, Swingman wrote:

http://blog.lostartpress.com/2013/08...top-table-saw/
Wonder where his is going to sell that Unisaw?

It doesn't say that he is "a paid endorser", but I suspect it should.
Does anyone believe that he is not getting paid? I wouldn't be the least
bit surprised if he got a free saw (not that I begrudge him that).

Did you not read in the article where he stated clearly that he paid full
retail price and received nothing from Sawstop?

At the end of his article he wrote,
P.S. I have disabled the comments on this post. I have no desire to hear
the same histrionics that pollute the message boards.

But he had a choice about whether to make an "announcement" at all.
Evidently he felt the need.

Actually, when one of the ww tool sellers took some interest in photos
of my "shop to be", I mentioned how nice the finished pictures
would look if it had some of their machinery in it...for a discounted
price. They didn't bite, but if my name was Schwarz they might have...
And Schwarz is more business savvy than me and has track a record which
proves it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/23/2014 10:36 PM, Bill wrote:
Markem wrote:
On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 19:42:31 -0500, Swingman wrote:

http://blog.lostartpress.com/2013/08...top-table-saw/

Wonder where his is going to sell that Unisaw?

It doesn't say that he is "a paid endorser", but I suspect it should.
Does anyone believe that he is not getting paid? I wouldn't be the
least bit surprised if he got a free saw (not that I begrudge him that).

He specifically says he is not.
So I believe that. Says he paid full, tax, and shipping.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 22:36:03 -0400, Bill
wrote:

Markem wrote:
On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 19:42:31 -0500, Swingman wrote:

http://blog.lostartpress.com/2013/08...top-table-saw/

Wonder where his is going to sell that Unisaw?

It doesn't say that he is "a paid endorser", but I suspect it should.
Does anyone believe that he is not getting paid? I wouldn't be the
least bit surprised if he got a free saw (not that I begrudge him that).

He paid full retail on the saw is what he wrote.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill wrote:
Markem wrote:
On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 19:42:31 -0500, Swingman wrote:

http://blog.lostartpress.com/2013/08...top-table-saw/

Wonder where his is going to sell that Unisaw?

It doesn't say that he is "a paid endorser", but I suspect it should.
Does anyone believe that he is not getting paid? I wouldn't be the
least bit surprised if he got a free saw (not that I begrudge him
that).

Yeah - I believe he's doing this on his own, so there's at least one here
who believes he's not getting paid.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/23/2014 9:36 PM, Bill wrote:
Markem wrote:
On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 19:42:31 -0500, Swingman wrote:

http://blog.lostartpress.com/2013/08...top-table-saw/

Wonder where his is going to sell that Unisaw?

It doesn't say that he is "a paid endorser", but I suspect it should.
Does anyone believe that he is not getting paid? I wouldn't be the
least bit surprised if he got a free saw (not that I begrudge him that).

Actually, Sawstop saws are all sold for the same price to everyone. No
one gets a better deal than some one else. SawStop is so well known,
even to those that only know about the hot dog cutting saw, that they do
not have to give any one any breaks. There are many many more
testimonies from more credible pro's, meaning they make their living
mostly from using the product rather than writing about the product.
His single endorsement is a only one of probably thousands.
And since he is better know for his paid articles than the volume of
work produced on the saw, his endorsement probably means less to people
that believe like you.

So no, I don't believe that he is being paid either, in this case.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/23/2014 7:42 PM, Swingman wrote:
http://blog.lostartpress.com/2013/08...top-table-saw/

Chris said,

After all, the company has been working quite successfully to make its
technology de rigueur on all table saws via legal and political
channels. (And to be fair, many of the other machinery manufacturers
have been working just as hard on the other side of the issue in the
political and legislative world. There are no good guys or bad guys in
this debate.)

I often suspected that there was a flip side to the story. I hope that
he did indeed find that there was at least equal opposition being
provided by his competition.

I mentioned more than once in the past that while Gass, being in the
spot light, did not use the best of practices to bring his product to
market, he was doing nothing wrong. Many feel that his caring for our
safety was not so genuine as him wanting to make a fortune. On the flip
side his competition still wants to make a fortune too and have chosen
to not make their saws safer in this way.

Having said all of that, all new cars sold in the US in 2018 will all
have back up cameras. I wonder who is to be blamed for that?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/24/2014 12:53 AM, Bill wrote:

At the end of his article he wrote,
P.S. I have disabled the comments on this post. I have no desire to hear
the same histrionics that pollute the message boards.

Don't blame him a bit ... commentards abound who are convinced they know
best and can point out the error of your ways; and worse - that someone
will actually believe what they spew.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 08:27:25 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
Having said all of that, all new cars sold in the US in 2018 will all
have back up cameras. I wonder who is to be blamed for that?

I'm just wondering in what form the first lawsuit will be about the
use or operation of those cameras.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

Having said all of that, all new cars sold in the US in 2018 will all
have back up cameras. I wonder who is to be blamed for that?

The same soccer-mom thinking idiots that brought us mandatory TPMS.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/24/2014 8:42 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Leon wrote:

Having said all of that, all new cars sold in the US in 2018 will all
have back up cameras. I wonder who is to be blamed for that?

The same soccer-mom thinking idiots that brought us mandatory TPMS.

TPMS?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

Having said all of that, all new cars sold in the US in 2018 will all
have back up cameras. I wonder who is to be blamed for that?

The same soccer-mom thinking idiots that brought us mandatory TPMS.

TPMS?

OH yeah never mind. googled it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

Having said all of that, all new cars sold in the US in 2018 will
all have back up cameras. I wonder who is to be blamed for that?

The same soccer-mom thinking idiots that brought us mandatory TPMS.

TPMS?

Tire Pressure Monitoring System. That beauty adds $200 to the cost of new
tires since valves are typically replaced with tires, and TMPS valves
average around $50 each on the aftermarket. In some cases, significantly
more - and in some cases replacement valves have to be matched to the car's
computer by the dealer.

All of this so an idiot light can light up on your dash if your tire
pressure drops.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

Having said all of that, all new cars sold in the US in 2018 will
all have back up cameras. I wonder who is to be blamed for that?

The same soccer-mom thinking idiots that brought us mandatory TPMS.

TPMS?

Tire Pressure Monitoring System. That beauty adds $200 to the cost of new
tires since valves are typically replaced with tires, and TMPS valves
average around $50 each on the aftermarket. In some cases, significantly
more - and in some cases replacement valves have to be matched to the car's
computer by the dealer.

All of this so an idiot light can light up on your dash if your tire
pressure drops.

Since the first vehicle for me that had this was my Tundra, I
immediately wondered about the replacement of valve stems, having been
in the tire business, managed my own store at 21.
I'm not sure about all but the stems on both of our vehicles are all
metal on the outside. Typically a stem is replaced when it is all
rubber on the outside because of deterioration of the rubber. It is a
good chance it could break off before the second set of tires has been
worn out. Steel stems OTOH don't break off. They can leak but the real
danger is with the rubber stems.

Anyway none of the stems on my Tundra were replaced when I put new tires on.

My concern however is how long that battery is going to last. I can
easily see a $30+ bill to have one replaced.

The idiot light is a PIA, the one on our Camry not so much as it does
give pressure readings on each tire so you at least know if the tire is
dangerously low or not. Now if only it could tell you which tire was 5
lbs low. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/24/2014 9:32 AM, Leon wrote:

The idiot light is a PIA, the one on our Camry not so much as it does
give pressure readings on each tire so you at least know if the tire is
dangerously low or not. Now if only it could tell you which tire was 5
lbs low. ;~)

Never had a vehicle with this much high tech until the 2013 RAM, which
has a screen that shows the TP of each individual tire (except the spare).

NOT something I need, or even want, and not wowed by it, since it looks
like a other expense down the road.

Haven't verified the readings with a tire gauge, but the values
certainly change when the tires are warmed up after driving.

Meh ...

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://www.google.com/+eWoodShop
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
On 4/24/2014 9:32 AM, Leon wrote:

The idiot light is a PIA, the one on our Camry not so much as it does
give pressure readings on each tire so you at least know if the tire
is dangerously low or not. Now if only it could tell you which tire
was 5 lbs low. ;~)

Never had a vehicle with this much high tech until the 2013 RAM, which
has a screen that shows the TP of each individual tire (except the
spare).

NOT something I need, or even want, and not wowed by it, since it
looks like a other expense down the road.

Haven't verified the readings with a tire gauge, but the values
certainly change when the tires are warmed up after driving.

Meh ...

Just such a shame that we have to put all this technology into a car and
overcomplicate/over expense things, simply to make life easier for stupid
people. I mean really - how hard has it ever been to look at a tire to see
if it needs a little checking? How hard is it to back up without turning
your head, or looking in three different mirrors? Next will come an alarm
for the idiots that aren't looking at the camera display in the dash and are
about to back over something.

Talk about fixing problems that don't really exist...

Ok - rant off...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 12:09:59 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
Just such a shame that we have to put all this technology into a car and
overcomplicate/over expense things, simply to make life easier for stupid
people. I mean really - how hard has it ever been to look at a tire to see
if it needs a little checking? How hard is it to back up without turning
your head, or looking in three different mirrors? Next will come an alarm
for the idiots that aren't looking at the camera display in the dash and are
about to back over something

I'm not saying I approve any of these things, but the real fact is
that there's a large number of people who do not, will not, or refuse
to pay attention to all those things. You might call them stupid, I
blame it on the values that our current society attempts to instill in
everybody from the very young to the very old.

Another part of the problem is that in this technological age, there's
a rush to stuff anything and everything with something electronic. ~
more to make a buck than safety motivated I'd say.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/24/2014 11:09 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Swingman wrote:
On 4/24/2014 9:32 AM, Leon wrote:

[...]

I will say that I probably will never buy another vehicle with out the
back up camera. It makes placing the vehicle at just the right depth
anywhere in the garage very simple and works well when backing out of a
parking space between to panel vans. The one on my wife's car has a
pretty wide field of vision. I absolutely still use mirrors but the
camera is great for the above mentioned and for seeing the areas that
you simply can't see with the mirrors and or getting out of the vehicle
to visually inspect. A 30" tall concrete column that originally had,
but no longer has, a light pole on it comes to mind.

But I feel that all of this stuff should be an option and not required.

And while on this soap box LOL,,, the keyless ignition and entry option
is pretty darn slick. Remember the days when you could remove the dash
mounted ignition key at the off position before it reached the lock
position. You could start the vehicle with out a key and who locked
their cars back then?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Markem wrote:
On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 19:42:31 -0500, Swingman wrote:

http://blog.lostartpress.com/2013/08...top-table-saw/

Wonder where his is going to sell that Unisaw?

It doesn't say that he is "a paid endorser", but I suspect it should.
Does anyone believe that he is not getting paid? I wouldn't be the
least bit surprised if he got a free saw (not that I begrudge him that).

I can believe it. My voice is on a radio commercial for a local
supermarket with my "endorsement" of why I shop there. My only
compensation was a thank you by the guy making the recording outside the
store.

My endorsement of "System 2000 oil fired boilers is on their website.
No compensation for that either. I'm just happy I'm saving 39% of my
heating cost. They did verify that too.

Over many years I've written letters that have been posted in a store
about a product I used and only once was I given a token gift by one
with a value of perhaps $5. I also will write when I am not satisfied
with a product and have usually been "made whole" if there was a loss on
myh part.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Markem wrote:
On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 19:42:31 -0500, Swingman wrote:

http://blog.lostartpress.com/2013/08...top-table-saw/

Wonder where his is going to sell that Unisaw?

It doesn't say that he is "a paid endorser", but I suspect it should.
Does anyone believe that he is not getting paid? I wouldn't be the
least bit surprised if he got a free saw (not that I begrudge him that).

I can believe it. My voice is on a radio commercial for a local
supermarket with my "endorsement" of why I shop there. My only
compensation was a thank you by the guy making the recording outside the
store.

Aw, come on now. You are now a local celebrity, that has to be worth
something in notoriety. LOL

FWIW these free endorsements of a product do help to keep the product
cost down and being non paid for they hold a bit more weight with me.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike Marlow" wrote

Just such a shame that we have to put all this technology into a car and
overcomplicate/over expense things, simply to make life easier for stupid
people. I mean really - how hard has it ever been to look at a tire to
see if it needs a little checking? How hard is it to back up without
turning your head, or looking in three different mirrors? Next will come
an alarm for the idiots that aren't looking at the camera display in the
dash and are about to back over something.

I can think of one "idiot alarm" I would like to see. And it would not be
that expensive either.

Problem; You are in a parking lot. You look both ways before backing up.
You begin to back up. some idiot RUNS across the back of the car. Often
running from one blind spot to another.

My present solution. Look both ways twice. Back up very slowly. Just
operate like there are suicidal people in the parking lot who want to die
and get me into trouble.

Ideal Solution: Just run the *******s over, repeatedly. However the law
would take a dim view of such remedies. Although Darwin would approve, many
others would not.

Idiot Alarm Solution: A small radar device would be activated when backing
up. If somebody were to step in front of a backwards moving vehicle, a
sharp, piercing alarm would go off. Ideally loud enough to cause severe
pain and discomfort.

Another feature that I would approve of would be to spray the offender with
some kind of dye that does not wash out for a few days. It would be the
designated "idiot Color" That way every body would know they were idiots
and were caught and sprayed by the idiot alarm.

Oh, well....., I can dream can't I?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/24/2014 9:27 AM, Leon wrote:

Having said all of that, all new cars sold in the US in 2018 will all
have back up cameras. I wonder who is to be blamed for that?

I'll take a portion of the blame. In a few forums, I've stated I will
not buy a new car unless it has a camera. I've had one for about 18
months and I'd give up seatbelts or airbags before I'd give up the
camera. IMO, it is one of the best safety devices ever in automobiles.

Perhaps my voice has been heard and it pushed along some congress
critter to pass a law for them.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 13:09:19 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I also will write when I am not satisfied with a product and have
usually been "made whole" if there was a loss on my part.

That reminds me of a news blurb I saw recently. A women was going
around to a number of local restaurants and after eating a significant
portion of her meal, would complain about it. She would not be charged
for what she just ate and frequently would be given a voucher for a
free meal the next time she visited ~ All of this of course, was her
taking advantage of customer service.

It worked fine until the restaurants started talking to each other and
then her face was splashed all over the news.

Making a valid complaint is fine, the businesses appreciate that, but
complaints are frequently made with the purpose of profiting somehow.
I've been known to make a complaint or two, but I also make sure to
pay compliments too when I experience something that I appreciate.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 12:11:48 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
Aw, come on now. You are now a local celebrity, that has to be worth
something in notoriety. LOL

Yeah, but he's already a local celebrity here. Why would he need to be
one anywhere else?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/24/2014 11:20 AM, Swingman wrote:

NOT something I need, or even want, and not wowed by it, since it looks
like a other expense down the road.

Haven't verified the readings with a tire gauge, but the values
certainly change when the tires are warmed up after driving.

Meh ...

I'm neutral on them. I had tires replaced and they left the stems in
place. Would have been about $12 to $15 each if they had to be
replaced. The first really cold ay the light lit and I had to bump the
pressure a little and it was OK since. Another cold day it went off,
but this time it was because I picked up a nail in the tire.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/24/2014 12:12 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

"Mike Marlow" wrote

Just such a shame that we have to put all this technology into a car
and overcomplicate/over expense things, simply to make life easier for
stupid people. I mean really - how hard has it ever been to look at a
tire to see if it needs a little checking? How hard is it to back up
without turning your head, or looking in three different mirrors?
Next will come an alarm for the idiots that aren't looking at the
camera display in the dash and are about to back over something.

I can think of one "idiot alarm" I would like to see. And it would not
be that expensive either.

Problem; You are in a parking lot. You look both ways before backing
up. You begin to back up. some idiot RUNS across the back of the car.
Often running from one blind spot to another.

Most back up cameras give you a "several car in each direction" view
from a couple of inches back of your bumper.

My present solution. Look both ways twice. Back up very slowly. Just
operate like there are suicidal people in the parking lot who want to
die and get me into trouble.

Ideal Solution: Just run the *******s over, repeatedly. However the
law would take a dim view of such remedies. Although Darwin would
approve, many others would not.

Idiot Alarm Solution: A small radar device would be activated when
backing up. If somebody were to step in front of a backwards moving
vehicle, a sharp, piercing alarm would go off. Ideally loud enough to
cause severe pain and discomfort.

That has been around for quite a few years but not quite as well thought
out ans your example. ;~)

Another feature that I would approve of would be to spray the offender
with some kind of dye that does not wash out for a few days. It would
be the designated "idiot Color" That way every body would know they
were idiots and were caught and sprayed by the idiot alarm.

Oh, well....., I can dream can't I?

Idiots or not, moving objects have the right of way over a vehicle
emerging from a parking spot. ;~) But I hear you, they don't have the
right to be speeding or not looking out for their own safety.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/24/2014 12:24 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/24/2014 11:20 AM, Swingman wrote:

NOT something I need, or even want, and not wowed by it, since it looks
like a other expense down the road.

Haven't verified the readings with a tire gauge, but the values
certainly change when the tires are warmed up after driving.

Meh ...

I'm neutral on them. I had tires replaced and they left the stems in
place. Would have been about $12 to $15 each if they had to be
replaced. The first really cold ay the light lit and I had to bump the
pressure a little and it was OK since. Another cold day it went off,
but this time it was because I picked up a nail in the tire.

From what I understand, nitrogen filled tires will be less susceptible
to pressure changes caused by temperature changes.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/24/2014 12:19 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/24/2014 9:27 AM, Leon wrote:

Having said all of that, all new cars sold in the US in 2018 will all
have back up cameras. I wonder who is to be blamed for that?

I'll take a portion of the blame. In a few forums, I've stated I will
not buy a new car unless it has a camera. I've had one for about 18
months and I'd give up seatbelts or airbags before I'd give up the
camera. IMO, it is one of the best safety devices ever in automobiles.

Perhaps my voice has been heard and it pushed along some congress
critter to pass a law for them.

I agree, more so from the convenience aspect. And as I previously
mentioned, keyless ignition and entry. You really don't realize how
nice that is until you walk up to your other vehicle to unlock the doors
or trunk with out keyless and dig around in your pocket for the keys in
the rain.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 13:12:22 -0400, "Lee Michaels"
Idiot Alarm Solution: A small radar device would be activated when backing
up. If somebody were to step in front of a backwards moving vehicle, a
sharp, piercing alarm would go off. Ideally loud enough to cause severe
pain and discomfort.

Hell, don't you think it should be called Darwin's radar device? When
it detects someone walking behind the car, a sharp, piercing alarm
goes off and the driver unintentionally stomps on the gas pedal. The
car speeds in reverse and removes the idiot behind the car from the
human gene pool.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 12:33:31 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
I agree, more so from the convenience aspect. And as I previously
mentioned, keyless ignition and entry. You really don't realize how
nice that is until you walk up to your other vehicle to unlock the doors
or trunk with out keyless and dig around in your pocket for the keys in
the rain.

Since it's been awhile since I owned a car, I have to ask. What's the
safety method to keep those keyless cars from being stolen?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 04/24/2014 10:28 AM, Leon wrote:
On 4/24/2014 12:24 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/24/2014 11:20 AM, Swingman wrote:

NOT something I need, or even want, and not wowed by it, since it looks
like a other expense down the road.

Haven't verified the readings with a tire gauge, but the values
certainly change when the tires are warmed up after driving.

Meh ...

I'm neutral on them. I had tires replaced and they left the stems in
place. Would have been about $12 to $15 each if they had to be
replaced. The first really cold ay the light lit and I had to bump the
pressure a little and it was OK since. Another cold day it went off,
but this time it was because I picked up a nail in the tire.

From what I understand, nitrogen filled tires will be less susceptible
to pressure changes caused by temperature changes.

Here's an interesting article:

http://www.edmunds.com/car-care/should-you-fill-your-cars-tires-with-nitrogen.html

--
"Socialism is a philosophy of failure,the creed of ignorance, and the
gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery"
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/24/2014 12:09 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Swingman wrote:
On 4/24/2014 9:32 AM, Leon wrote:

[...]

Mike, what if this were not pushed by soccer moms, but by tire
manufacturers to cover their asses.

The firestone tires on the explorers that were failing...
I wonder if these are tied into the computer to show you have not been
taking care of your tires...

If you didn't maintain pressure, no warranty..

Just a thought.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/24/2014 1:12 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

"Mike Marlow" wrote

[...]

As usual Dave Barry gets it:

:http://www.miamiherald.com/2009/01/1...d-drivers.html

--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/24/2014 12:42 PM, Doug Winterburn wrote:
On 04/24/2014 10:28 AM, Leon wrote:
On 4/24/2014 12:24 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/24/2014 11:20 AM, Swingman wrote:

NOT something I need, or even want, and not wowed by it, since it looks
like a other expense down the road.

Haven't verified the readings with a tire gauge, but the values
certainly change when the tires are warmed up after driving.

Meh ...

I'm neutral on them. I had tires replaced and they left the stems in
place. Would have been about $12 to $15 each if they had to be
replaced. The first really cold ay the light lit and I had to bump the
pressure a little and it was OK since. Another cold day it went off,
but this time it was because I picked up a nail in the tire.

From what I understand, nitrogen filled tires will be less susceptible
to pressure changes caused by temperature changes.

Here's an interesting article:

http://www.edmunds.com/car-care/should-you-fill-your-cars-tires-with-nitrogen.html

It is not the answer to everything. My biggest association is the upper
end dealers include the nitrogen on all of the cars, so while not
charging extra for it on the sticker it is affecting the price in some
fashion and or being the little extra feature that another dealer offers.

Every dealer that I have visited, with this feature, have stated that if
you have to add air bring the vehicle back in and they will deflate and
re-inflate with nitrogen at no charge. It is a perk that they build
into the price of the car like free oil changes for life, free loaner
cars, transportation to and from the dealer when your vehicle is in the
service department etc.

I certainly would not pay extra unless I was having issues with
inflation pressures. I would certainly not expect any monetary return
on my investment other than inconvenience.

Sawstop FS Gramps' shop Woodworking 0 January 8th 14 04:36 AM
Sawstop. anyone? Gramp's shop[_2_] Woodworking 2 June 1st 13 04:16 PM
O/T: SawStop Lew Hodgett[_6_] Woodworking 77 February 1st 12 05:40 PM
Sawstop John UK diy 1 May 26th 10 01:20 PM
SawStop tzipple Woodworking 110 February 5th 05 12:01 AM