Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Sawstop

Swingman wrote:
Bill wrote:
Markem wrote:
On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 19:42:31 -0500, Swingman wrote:

http://blog.lostartpress.com/2013/08...top-table-saw/
Wonder where his is going to sell that Unisaw?

It doesn't say that he is "a paid endorser", but I suspect it should.
Does anyone believe that he is not getting paid? I wouldn't be the least
bit surprised if he got a free saw (not that I begrudge him that).

Did you not read in the article where he stated clearly that he paid full
retail price and received nothing from Sawstop?

At the end of his article he wrote,
P.S. I have disabled the comments on this post. I have no desire to hear
the same histrionics that pollute the message boards.

But he had a choice about whether to make an "announcement" at all.
Evidently he felt the need.

Actually, when one of the ww tool sellers took some interest in photos
of my "shop to be", I mentioned how nice the finished pictures
would look if it had some of their machinery in it...for a discounted
price. They didn't bite, but if my name was Schwarz they might have...
And Schwarz is more business savvy than me and has track a record which
proves it.