Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Sawstop

On 4/24/2014 2:26 PM, woodchucker wrote:
On 4/24/2014 1:54 PM, Leon wrote:
On 4/24/2014 12:42 PM, Doug Winterburn wrote:
On 04/24/2014 10:28 AM, Leon wrote:
On 4/24/2014 12:24 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/24/2014 11:20 AM, Swingman wrote:

NOT something I need, or even want, and not wowed by it, since it
looks
like a other expense down the road.

Haven't verified the readings with a tire gauge, but the values
certainly change when the tires are warmed up after driving.

Meh ...

I'm neutral on them. I had tires replaced and they left the stems in
place. Would have been about $12 to $15 each if they had to be
replaced. The first really cold ay the light lit and I had to bump
the
pressure a little and it was OK since. Another cold day it went off,
but this time it was because I picked up a nail in the tire.

From what I understand, nitrogen filled tires will be less susceptible
to pressure changes caused by temperature changes.

Here's an interesting article:

http://www.edmunds.com/car-care/should-you-fill-your-cars-tires-with-nitrogen.html

It is not the answer to everything. My biggest association is the upper
end dealers include the nitrogen on all of the cars, so while not
charging extra for it on the sticker it is affecting the price in some
fashion and or being the little extra feature that another dealer offers.

Every dealer that I have visited, with this feature, have stated that if
you have to add air bring the vehicle back in and they will deflate and
re-inflate with nitrogen at no charge. It is a perk that they build
into the price of the car like free oil changes for life, free loaner
cars, transportation to and from the dealer when your vehicle is in the
service department etc.

I certainly would not pay extra unless I was having issues with
inflation pressures. I would certainly not expect any monetary return
on my investment other than inconvenience.

I have a problem with the dealer servicing my car. They constantly
deflate the tire pressure to 28lbs.. I boost it back up . Don't know why
they think I want a soft ride.

I now boost my tires to 40lbs , used to be 32 but after talking with you
guys, I now do 40 and love the feel.

Just keep an eye on your tread wear. If it starts wearing slightly more
in the middle you may want to back off a few pounds.