Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem[_2_] Markem[_2_] is offline

Default Sawstop

On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 10:42:08 -0700, Doug Winterburn
wrote:

On 04/24/2014 10:28 AM, Leon wrote:
On 4/24/2014 12:24 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/24/2014 11:20 AM, Swingman wrote:

NOT something I need, or even want, and not wowed by it, since it looks
like a other expense down the road.

Haven't verified the readings with a tire gauge, but the values
certainly change when the tires are warmed up after driving.

Meh ...

I'm neutral on them. I had tires replaced and they left the stems in
place. Would have been about $12 to $15 each if they had to be
replaced. The first really cold ay the light lit and I had to bump the
pressure a little and it was OK since. Another cold day it went off,
but this time it was because I picked up a nail in the tire.

From what I understand, nitrogen filled tires will be less susceptible
to pressure changes caused by temperature changes.

Here's an interesting article:

http://www.edmunds.com/car-care/should-you-fill-your-cars-tires-with-nitrogen.html

Recently had tires replaced, the dealer used nitrogen to fill the tire
at no charge. I know that the use of dry nitrogen has been a Nascar
staple for years, but it is to remove the variable of moisture. They
need it we do not.

Mark