Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Sawstop

On 4/24/2014 3:05 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Leon wrote:

I have the best luck with Michelin, Dunlop, and Falkin.

Not so much of a Michelin guy myself but my truck likes Dunlop - good for
plowing, pulling, driving. Great tire for the truck in my opion. Never
experienced - or even heard of Falkin. On the car - Cooper has done very
well. Performs well on dry roads, rain, and snow.

I had the worst experience with cooper on my car and van. What a
mistake... noisy, soft sidewall that the wind would cause havoc with.
Not very good traction, it was an all weather tire that didn't like the
rain or snow... and wasn't very good on dry either.

I had it's cousin (can't remember it's name Master something) on my
truck and that was good.

I like Toyo lately. quiet, really good in the turns, not great in snow,
just ok.

Michelin ok... mixed feelings but a long time since I had them.

My older Camry came with Bridgestones and they were way better than the
coopers...

Haven't had dunlops in years..

Do not like Goodyears... noisy ****s, that don't do that well...

I live on a country road, so I like a tire that handles the turns well.
There are a lot of them here. If it squeels on a slight turn it's a
crappy tire. The Toyo's are fantastic at just sitting right there.

--
Jeff