Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New SawStop video

Now this is funny, I don't care who you are.

http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...orking-eletter
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
Now this is funny, I don't care who you are.

http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...orking-eletter

Leon,
Thank you for that!
Kerry

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/19/2012 10:25 AM, Leon wrote:
Now this is funny, I don't care who you are.

http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...orking-eletter

excellent video, too bad it was presented with the canned laughter and
as a spoof.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/19/12 12:34 PM, Steve Barker wrote:

excellent video, too bad it was presented with the canned laughter
and as a spoof.

Do you know who Steven Colbert is, or his show?
The whole show is spoof and the laughter isn't canned, it's the live
studio audience.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/19/2012 2:18 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 2/19/12 12:34 PM, Steve Barker wrote:

excellent video, too bad it was presented with the canned laughter
and as a spoof.

Do you know who Steven Colbert is, or his show?
The whole show is spoof and the laughter isn't canned, it's the live
studio audience.

no, i'm not familiar with him. But the laughter distracts from the
seriousness of the thing. Like I said, it's a shame it was presented
this way.

--
Steve Barker

Posted to rec.woodworking

Steve Barker wrote:
On 2/19/2012 2:18 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 2/19/12 12:34 PM, Steve Barker wrote:

excellent video, too bad it was presented with the canned laughter
and as a spoof.

Do you know who Steven Colbert is, or his show?
The whole show is spoof and the laughter isn't canned, it's the live
studio audience.

no, i'm not familiar with him. But the laughter distracts from the
seriousness of the thing. Like I said, it's a shame it was presented
this way.

I didn't think it was funny either. But probably 98% of the people
watching and laughing don't own a table saw. As far as the people
writing, I don't know whether they have a political agenda or not.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 12:34:11 -0600, Steve Barker
wrote:

On 2/19/2012 10:25 AM, Leon wrote:
Now this is funny, I don't care who you are.

http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...orking-eletter

excellent video, too bad it was presented with the canned laughter and
as a spoof.

It was still publicity though. You can't buy that kind of exposure.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 15:41:56 -0500, Bill wrote:

Steve Barker wrote:
On 2/19/2012 2:18 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 2/19/12 12:34 PM, Steve Barker wrote:

excellent video, too bad it was presented with the canned laughter
and as a spoof.

Do you know who Steven Colbert is, or his show?
The whole show is spoof and the laughter isn't canned, it's the live
studio audience.

no, i'm not familiar with him. But the laughter distracts from the
seriousness of the thing. Like I said, it's a shame it was presented
this way.

I didn't think it was funny either. But probably 98% of the people
watching and laughing don't own a table saw. As far as the people
writing, I don't know whether they have a political agenda or not.

My guess is yes, they do. It may have been a put up to get some
attention. Write your congressman and tell him how we need this
safety device.
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 2/19/2012 2:31 PM, Steve Barker wrote:

no, i'm not familiar with him. But the laughter distracts from the
seriousness of the thing. Like I said, it's a shame it was presented
this way.

Well, if you were expecting a serious report from that source, you'll
have better odds in converting the Pope. It just ain't a'gonna' happen;
not what he's about.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/19/12 2:31 PM, Steve Barker wrote:
On 2/19/2012 2:18 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 2/19/12 12:34 PM, Steve Barker wrote:

excellent video, too bad it was presented with the canned laughter
and as a spoof.

Do you know who Steven Colbert is, or his show?
The whole show is spoof and the laughter isn't canned, it's the live
studio audience.

no, i'm not familiar with him. But the laughter distracts from the
seriousness of the thing. Like I said, it's a shame it was presented
this way.

It's the only way he presents anything.
The laughter is the point. Google: satire.

Ironically, you're missing the fact that more people will be informed
about this product and more awareness brought to the "issue" by this
means than by anything preceding it.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 15:25:11 -0600, -MIKE-
Ironically, you're missing the fact that more people will be informed
about this product and more awareness brought to the "issue" by this
means than by anything preceding it.

I can go to the website, but the clip is unavailable now, at least for
me anyway. What did it show?
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave" wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 15:25:11 -0600, -MIKE-
Ironically, you're missing the fact that more people will be informed
about this product and more awareness brought to the "issue" by this
means than by anything preceding it.

I can go to the website, but the clip is unavailable now, at least for
me anyway. What did it show?

Dave,
Curious, just tried again and the link still works for me.
Kerry

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 14:09:33 -0800, "Kerry Montgomery"
Dave, Curious, just tried again and the link still works for me.

When I go to the website and click on the clip it states.

"Unvailable from your location". Possibly some type of copy write
protection, Canadian obscenity laws or something else similarly
ridiculous. Not a big thing I guess.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Steve Barker wrote:
On 2/19/2012 2:18 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 2/19/12 12:34 PM, Steve Barker wrote:

excellent video, too bad it was presented with the canned laughter
and as a spoof.

Do you know who Steven Colbert is, or his show?
The whole show is spoof and the laughter isn't canned, it's the live
studio audience.

no, i'm not familiar with him. But the laughter distracts from the
seriousness of the thing. Like I said, it's a shame it was presented
this way.

I didn't think it was funny either. But probably 98% of the people
watching and laughing don't own a table saw. As far as the people
writing, I don't know whether they have a political agenda or not.

My guess is yes, they do. It may have been a put up to get some
attention. Write your congressman and tell him how we need this
safety device.

Really? do we really need *more* nanny laws?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/19/2012 3:12 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 15:41:56 -0500, wrote:

Steve Barker wrote:
On 2/19/2012 2:18 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 2/19/12 12:34 PM, Steve Barker wrote:

excellent video, too bad it was presented with the canned laughter
and as a spoof.

Do you know who Steven Colbert is, or his show?
The whole show is spoof and the laughter isn't canned, it's the live
studio audience.

no, i'm not familiar with him. But the laughter distracts from the
seriousness of the thing. Like I said, it's a shame it was presented
this way.

I didn't think it was funny either. But probably 98% of the people
watching and laughing don't own a table saw. As far as the people
writing, I don't know whether they have a political agenda or not.

My guess is yes, they do. It may have been a put up to get some
attention. Write your congressman and tell him how we need this
safety device.

LMMFAO!! right! More gubmint control. just what we need.

--
Steve Barker

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/19/12 3:38 PM, Dave wrote:
On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 15:25:11 -0600,
Ironically, you're missing the fact that more people will be informed
about this product and more awareness brought to the "issue" by this
means than by anything preceding it.

I can go to the website, but the clip is unavailable now, at least for
me anyway. What did it show?

do you guys not have google? :-p

http://www.hulu.com/watch/329024/the...merica-sawstop

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/19/2012 4:30 PM, Dave wrote:
On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 14:09:33 -0800, "Kerry Montgomery"
Dave, Curious, just tried again and the link still works for me.

When I go to the website and click on the clip it states.

"Unvailable from your location". Possibly some type of copy write
protection, Canadian obscenity laws or something else similarly
ridiculous. Not a big thing I guess.

Try this

http://e.taunton.com/a/hBPP21BAri9kwB8f$sGAt7J8Q.Ari9kwQO/sawstop-34
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 10:25:16 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

Now this is funny, I don't care who you are.

http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...orking-eletter

Bareback, YEAH! That was fun.

But greed, not altruism, is what drives the SS guy. Nobody who's an
altruist spends eons patenting every single possible angle.

--snip--
Convinced of the invention’s commercial potential, Gass and four
fellow patent attorneys from his law firm set out to patent-protect
the technology—the most difficult, labor intensive and mission
critical part of the endeavor. Without their combined legal expertise
and do-it-yourself entrepreneurial spirit it’s doubtful SawStop would
have ever reached the marketplace. “Very early on we did the
equivalent of a million dollars worth of patent work,” says Gass,
referring to himself and quartet of co-founders. “If we had to go out
and hire someone, it would have been hugely and prohibitively
expensive,” he concludes.

Read mo
http://failuremag.com/index.php/feat...#ixzz1msN0WQSz
--snip--

--
The ultimate result of shielding men from folly
is to fill the world with fools.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Steve Barker wrote:
On 2/19/2012 2:18 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 2/19/12 12:34 PM, Steve Barker wrote:

excellent video, too bad it was presented with the canned laughter
and as a spoof.

Do you know who Steven Colbert is, or his show?
The whole show is spoof and the laughter isn't canned, it's the live
studio audience.

no, i'm not familiar with him. But the laughter distracts from the
seriousness of the thing. Like I said, it's a shame it was presented
this way.

I didn't think it was funny either. But probably 98% of the people
watching and laughing don't own a table saw. As far as the people
writing, I don't know whether they have a political agenda or not.

My guess is yes, they do. It may have been a put up to get some
attention. Write your congressman and tell him how we need this
safety device.

Oh, Ed. Just go pay your (what, 3.5 grand now?) money and get your saw
and leave the rest of us alone. Don't get the fidiots in CONgress
involved!

--
The ultimate result of shielding men from folly
is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer
Posted to rec.woodworking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I didn't think it was funny either. But probably 98% of the people
watching and laughing don't own a table saw. As far as the people
writing, I don't know whether they have a political agenda or not.

My guess is yes, they do. It may have been a put up to get some
attention. Write your congressman and tell him how we need this
safety device.

Won't do any good - Congress is not in the loop.

The decision rests entirely on the whim of unelected bureaucrats.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 20:56:43 -0600, -MIKE-
Do you get Youtube outside the US?
Or any of the other half-dozen sources that showed up on google?

Of course we get Youtube. As I stated, I'm sure if I looked around I
could find it, but I'm no longer inclined much to do so.
Posted to rec.woodworking

I think this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTI-Q...eature=related

and the others on the same page do more to promote woodworking safety.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/19/12 9:06 PM, Dave wrote:
On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 20:56:43 -0600,
Do you get Youtube outside the US?
Or any of the other half-dozen sources that showed up on google?

Of course we get Youtube. As I stated, I'm sure if I looked around I
could find it, but I'm no longer inclined much to do so.

But at one point you were. Which is why I wondered why you didn't just
google in the same amount of time it took to post on here asking, "What
did it show?"

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 21:28:52 -0600, -MIKE-
But at one point you were. Which is why I wondered why you didn't just
google in the same amount of time it took to post on here asking, "What
did it show?"

You're worse that a dog with a bone. I did Google it initially and
kept getting the same message essentially saying the feed was not
available outside the United States. All, I've been able to view so
far is some still images.

In fact, I've Googled it more extensively now and I'm still getting
the same message. I'm starting to think that my ISP or Rogers who
supplies the feed to my ISP is blocking it system wide.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Steve Barker" wrote in message

On 2/19/2012 10:25 AM, Leon wrote:
Now this is funny, I don't care who you are.

http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...orking-eletter

excellent video, too bad it was presented with the canned laughter and
as a spoof.
================================================== ================================================== ===========
To bad it was presented as what it was supposed too be?
Let me guess. You lead the "War on humor.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/19/2012 5:30 PM, Dave wrote:
On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 14:09:33 -0800, "Kerry Montgomery"
Dave, Curious, just tried again and the link still works for me.

When I go to the website and click on the clip it states.

"Unvailable from your location". Possibly some type of copy write
protection, Canadian obscenity laws or something else similarly
ridiculous. Not a big thing I guess.

Not a big deal if you want gov't dick heads to tell you what you can and
can't watch.

It was a spoof on either SS tech or ignorant dumb ass red necks that
would rather cut off a finger than have some gov't dick head tell them
what to do. It wasn't all that funny, more dumb than anything, I don't
care who you are.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/20/2012 2:34 PM, Jack wrote:
On 2/19/2012 5:30 PM, Dave wrote:
On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 14:09:33 -0800, "Kerry Montgomery"
Dave, Curious, just tried again and the link still works for me.

When I go to the website and click on the clip it states.

"Unvailable from your location". Possibly some type of copy write
protection, Canadian obscenity laws or something else similarly
ridiculous. Not a big thing I guess.

Not a big deal if you want gov't dick heads to tell you what you can and
can't watch.

It was a spoof on either SS tech or ignorant dumb ass red necks that
would rather cut off a finger than have some gov't dick head tell them
what to do. It wasn't all that funny, more dumb than anything, I don't
care who you are.

Oh yeah, It was funny. ;~)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 15:34:02 -0500, Jack wrote:

It was a spoof on either SS tech or ignorant dumb ass red necks that
would rather cut off a finger than have some gov't dick head tell them
what to do. It wasn't all that funny, more dumb than anything, I don't
care who you are.

I have to wonder if it was a paid advertisement. One way to get your
product in front of the masses eh?
Posted to rec.woodworking

Video was pulled or restricted from my area!

Somebody was offended.

-----------
"Leon" wrote in message

Now this is funny, I don't care who you are.

http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...orking-eletter

Posted to rec.woodworking

OMG!

----------

"Larry W" wrote in message ...

I think this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTI-Q...eature=related

and the others on the same page do more to promote woodworking safety.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/20/2012 6:27 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 15:34:02 -0500, wrote:

It was a spoof on either SS tech or ignorant dumb ass red necks that
would rather cut off a finger than have some gov't dick head tell them
what to do. It wasn't all that funny, more dumb than anything, I don't
care who you are.

I have to wonder if it was a paid advertisement. One way to get your
product in front of the masses eh?

Possible, scum sucking lawyers like Gass will stop at nothing to make
themselves rich. Fine woodworking sent the video to everyone on their
mailing list, so money was flowing I'd bet.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/20/2012 4:06 PM, Leon wrote:
On 2/20/2012 2:34 PM, Jack wrote:
On 2/19/2012 5:30 PM, Dave wrote:
On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 14:09:33 -0800, "Kerry Montgomery"
Dave, Curious, just tried again and the link still works for me.

When I go to the website and click on the clip it states.

"Unvailable from your location". Possibly some type of copy write
protection, Canadian obscenity laws or something else similarly
ridiculous. Not a big thing I guess.

Not a big deal if you want gov't dick heads to tell you what you can and
can't watch.

It was a spoof on either SS tech or ignorant dumb ass red necks that
would rather cut off a finger than have some gov't dick head tell them
what to do. It wasn't all that funny, more dumb than anything, I don't
care who you are.

Oh yeah, It was funny. ;~)

The funny part of the video was Gass trying to say he actually gives a
damn about your fingers. Well, I guess that was pretty funny. Also
Bob Adler of consumer products safety commission was pretty freaking
funny when he imagined the government being "all knowing and extremely
comforting and nice".

Well, that wasn't so funny. I wanted to either puke or punch the dumb
ass in the nose, more like both.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/19/2012 5:32 PM, ChairMan wrote:
"Ed wrote in message

My guess is yes, they do. It may have been a put up to get some
attention. Write your congressman and tell him how we need this
safety device.

Really? do we really need *more* nanny laws?

What, you don't want the "all knowing and extremely comforting and nice"
big government telling you what you have to buy, wanted or not?

I'm still thinking it would be nicer if Big Brother mandated NASCAR
approved crash helmets for every dumb ass riding in a car. The fact
that 40,000 deaths occur every year from auto accidents vs 4,000 fingers
wreaking havoc on masturbating saw owners doesn't seem to affect their
all knowing niceness.

--
Jack
Got Change: Supply and Demand ====== Command and Control!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/19/2012 8:03 PM, HeyBub wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I didn't think it was funny either. But probably 98% of the people
watching and laughing don't own a table saw. As far as the people
writing, I don't know whether they have a political agenda or not.

My guess is yes, they do. It may have been a put up to get some
attention. Write your congressman and tell him how we need this
safety device.

Won't do any good - Congress is not in the loop.

The decision rests entirely on the whim of unelected bureaucrats.

You mean assholes like Bob Adler head of the Consumers Product Safety
Commission that imagines how nice it would be if the "all knowing and
extremely comforting and nice" big government took care of everyone?

How ****ing dumb to you have to be to think the government is "all
knowing" let alone let those words seep out of your mouth?

--
Jack
Got Change: Supply and Demand ====== Command and Control!
http://jbstein.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

Jack wrote:

I'm still thinking it would be nicer if Big Brother mandated NASCAR
approved crash helmets for every dumb ass riding in a car. The fact
that 40,000 deaths occur every year from auto accidents vs 4,000
fingers wreaking havoc on masturbating saw owners doesn't seem to
affect their all knowing niceness.

Well - that really wouldn't work too well Jack. Deaths in NASCAR are seldom
related to helmet protection, and in real life, would be about on par. The
forces that result in both NASCAR deaths and in real world car accident
deaths, are not well related to helmet use.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Jack wrote:

How ****ing dumb to you have to be to think the government is "all
knowing" let alone let those words seep out of your mouth?

On this particular point, we are in violent agreement! The answer to your
question is "very freakin' dumb!"

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/21/12 9:35 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Jack wrote:

I'm still thinking it would be nicer if Big Brother mandated NASCAR
approved crash helmets for every dumb ass riding in a car. The fact
that 40,000 deaths occur every year from auto accidents vs 4,000
fingers wreaking havoc on masturbating saw owners doesn't seem to
affect their all knowing niceness.

Well - that really wouldn't work too well Jack. Deaths in NASCAR are seldom
related to helmet protection, and in real life, would be about on par. The
forces that result in both NASCAR deaths and in real world car accident
deaths, are not well related to helmet use.

That thing that flew over your head? His point. :-p

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

Jack wrote:

I'm still thinking it would be nicer if Big Brother mandated NASCAR
approved crash helmets for every dumb ass riding in a car. The fact
that 40,000 deaths occur every year from auto accidents vs 4,000
fingers wreaking havoc on masturbating saw owners doesn't seem to
affect their all knowing niceness.

Well - that really wouldn't work too well Jack. Deaths in NASCAR
are seldom related to helmet protection, and in real life, would be
about on par. The forces that result in both NASCAR deaths and in
real world car accident deaths, are not well related to helmet use.

That thing that flew over your head? His point. :-p

Yeah - maybe... I seem to be getting shorter every year!

--

-Mike-

Sawstop John UK diy 1 May 26th 10 01:20 PM
SawStop video RayV Woodworking 0 January 9th 07 07:32 PM
Sawstop Wilson Woodworking 7 November 26th 06 12:48 PM
SawStop tzipple Woodworking 110 February 5th 05 12:01 AM
SawStop? Darin Woodworking 104 December 18th 04 01:14 AM