Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New SawStop video

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 10:25:16 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

Now this is funny, I don't care who you are.

http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...orking-eletter

Bareback, YEAH! That was fun.

But greed, not altruism, is what drives the SS guy. Nobody who's an
altruist spends eons patenting every single possible angle.

--snip--
Convinced of the invention’s commercial potential, Gass and four
fellow patent attorneys from his law firm set out to patent-protect
the technology—the most difficult, labor intensive and mission
critical part of the endeavor. Without their combined legal expertise
and do-it-yourself entrepreneurial spirit it’s doubtful SawStop would
have ever reached the marketplace. “Very early on we did the
equivalent of a million dollars worth of patent work,” says Gass,
referring to himself and quartet of co-founders. “If we had to go out
and hire someone, it would have been hugely and prohibitively
expensive,” he concludes.

Read mo
http://failuremag.com/index.php/feat...#ixzz1msN0WQSz
--snip--

--
The ultimate result of shielding men from folly
is to fill the world with fools.