Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Tape Measures for woodworking

I've owned quite a few different tape measures, but haven't found what
I deem to be "the one" for woodworking. My favorite thus far seems to
be the Stanley 33-116. I love the size of it, which is probably why I
keep buying them. If I could change it though, I would get rid of the
32nd marks over the first 12 inches of the tape. Maybe it's my eyes,
but those little lines just all sort of blur together. And who is
going to use a tape measure at all if they are shooting for 64th of an
inch accuracy? The only other thing that I might do is put in the
eighth-inch labels. But overall, it's my favorite. So far...

JP
Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

"JayPique" wrote in message
I've owned quite a few different tape measures, but haven't found what
I deem to be "the one" for woodworking. My favorite thus far seems to
be the Stanley 33-116. I love the size of it, which is probably why I
keep buying them. If I could change it though, I would get rid of the
32nd marks over the first 12 inches of the tape. Maybe it's my eyes,
but those little lines just all sort of blur together. And who is
going to use a tape measure at all if they are shooting for 64th of an
inch accuracy? The only other thing that I might do is put in the
eighth-inch labels. But overall, it's my favorite. So far...

JP

Lufkin QR 1312. Haven't let me down.....yet.

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking

Subject

A 25-30 ft fat Stanley.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking
Roy Roy is offline

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 17:07:42 -0700 (PDT), JayPique
wrote:

I've owned quite a few different tape measures, but haven't found what
I deem to be "the one" for woodworking. My favorite thus far seems to
be the Stanley 33-116. I love the size of it, which is probably why I
keep buying them. If I could change it though, I would get rid of the
32nd marks over the first 12 inches of the tape. Maybe it's my eyes,
but those little lines just all sort of blur together. And who is
going to use a tape measure at all if they are shooting for 64th of an
inch accuracy? The only other thing that I might do is put in the
eighth-inch labels. But overall, it's my favorite. So far...

JP

I very rarely need a 25 foot tape for cabinet work. I use this one every day in
the shop:

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...62&cat=1,43513

Measure with your off hand, write with the dominant. What a brilliant idea.
Also a version for southpaws. This little LV tape is small and light. Price
has gone up $2 since I first tried one of these.

OTOH, for carpentry, my old standby is a 25 foot Stanley leverlock. I don't use
anything this big very often.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Must have a self locking pull-out and both sides of tape the same
system for left and right measurements.

Most will do if they meet that criteria.

I am not sure I will buy Stanley again. The last two units haven't
lasted more than a few months even though I paid $20 for each. The
$3.95 units at the surplus stores last over a few years, usually.

--------------
"JayPique" wrote in message

I've owned quite a few different tape measures, but haven't found what
I deem to be "the one" for woodworking. My favorite thus far seems to
be the Stanley 33-116. I love the size of it, which is probably why I
keep buying them. If I could change it though, I would get rid of the
32nd marks over the first 12 inches of the tape. Maybe it's my eyes,
but those little lines just all sort of blur together. And who is
going to use a tape measure at all if they are shooting for 64th of an
inch accuracy? The only other thing that I might do is put in the
eighth-inch labels. But overall, it's my favorite. So far...

JP

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/27/2011 7:07 PM, JayPique wrote:
I've owned quite a few different tape measures, but haven't found what
I deem to be "the one" for woodworking. My favorite thus far seems to
be the Stanley 33-116. I love the size of it, which is probably why I
keep buying them. If I could change it though, I would get rid of the
32nd marks over the first 12 inches of the tape. Maybe it's my eyes,
but those little lines just all sort of blur together. And who is
going to use a tape measure at all if they are shooting for 64th of an
inch accuracy? The only other thing that I might do is put in the
eighth-inch labels. But overall, it's my favorite. So far...

The most important characteristic of any tape measure for me:
One that perfectly matches my table saw fence tape!

In this case:

A 12' Stanley 33-212.

Small, fits nicely in the apron; the hook is accurate and doesn't slip;
consistent/same reading accuracy from one tape measure to another;
therefore I keep four on hand all the time - one in the truck, one in
the tool bag, one in the shop apron, one in the shop drawer.

It's like measuring with the same tape measure, time after time. Can't
get any better than that.

YMMV ...

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/27/2011 10:47 PM, Roy wrote:

I very rarely need a 25 foot tape for cabinet work. I use this one every day in
the shop:

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...62&cat=1,43513

Measure with your off hand, write with the dominant. What a brilliant idea.
Also a version for southpaws. This little LV tape is small and light. Price
has gone up $2 since I first tried one of these.

I have two of those, but from day one kept having problems with the hook
slipping off any edge. Basically, both of mine are useless for my
purposes, so they gather dust in a drawer.

AAMOF, I even wrote to Rob about the problem years ago, so sounds they
might have fixed it by now?

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/28/11 9:57 AM, Swingman wrote:
Small, fits nicely in the apron; the hook is accurate and doesn't slip;
consistent/same reading accuracy from one tape measure to another;
therefore I keep four on hand all the time - one in the truck, one in
the tool bag, one in the shop apron, one in the shop drawer.

It's like measuring with the same tape measure, time after time. Can't
get any better than that.

YMMV ...

I have one "master" tape measure.
It goes to the store as a reference any time I'm shopping for an linear
measuring device. Especially if that store happens to sell a lot of
Freight that come into Harbor. :-)
You can take one of each off their walls, tape, stick, square, etc., and
none of them will match up after 16 inches.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/27/2011 7:07 PM, JayPique wrote:
I've owned quite a few different tape measures, but haven't found what
I deem to be "the one" for woodworking. My favorite thus far seems to
be the Stanley 33-116. I love the size of it, which is probably why I
keep buying them. If I could change it though, I would get rid of the
32nd marks over the first 12 inches of the tape. Maybe it's my eyes,
but those little lines just all sort of blur together. And who is
going to use a tape measure at all if they are shooting for 64th of an
inch accuracy? The only other thing that I might do is put in the
eighth-inch labels. But overall, it's my favorite. So far...

JP

My favorite is the one I can find at the moment I need it, which I guess
says something about my shopkeeping habits. I have about six tape
measures, and most of them came with an undocumented feature -- tiny
legs that emerge when I set it down and a high speed motor that takes
zips it to an entirely different location.

Larry
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/28/2011 2:47 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:

My favorite is the one I can find at the moment I need it, which I guess
says something about my shopkeeping habits. I have about six tape
measures, and most of them came with an undocumented feature -- tiny
legs that emerge when I set it down and a high speed motor that takes
zips it to an entirely different location.

Damn, you buy the same brand I do!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 28, 3:28*pm, Doug Miller
wrote:
On 10/28/2011 2:47 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:

My favorite is the one I can find at the moment I need it, which I guess
says something about my shopkeeping habits. I have about six tape
measures, and most of them came with an undocumented feature -- tiny
legs that emerge when I set it down and a high speed motor that takes
zips it to an entirely different location.

Damn, you buy the same brand I do!

You must have the "Dixon Ticonderoga" brand tape measures...
JP
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 13:47:42 -0500, Gramp's shop
wrote:

[...]

The next time I'm at my neighbor's I'll look for your tape. That's
where mine always go.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 09:57:36 -0500, Swingman wrote:

[...]

You REALLY need to see and use the "acuratape" Lighted magnified
"vernier". A bit of a rare item in Canada in that it is "imperial
only" Has a pencil clip for accurate marking - as well as a
retractable marking "pin". Also has magnetic tab.

see:
http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/in...G/_/R-I1048330
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/28/2011 4:09 PM, JayPique wrote:
On Oct 28, 3:28 pm, Doug
wrote:
On 10/28/2011 2:47 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:

My favorite is the one I can find at the moment I need it, which I guess
says something about my shopkeeping habits. I have about six tape
measures, and most of them came with an undocumented feature -- tiny
legs that emerge when I set it down and a high speed motor that takes
zips it to an entirely different location.

Damn, you buy the same brand I do!

You must have the "Dixon Ticonderoga" brand tape measures...

SWMBO and the kids all have the bad habit of walking off with my
pencils. Finally, I bought another box and hid them. I'm 5" taller than
SWMBO; additionally, my arms are unusually long, and hers unusually
short, so it's not too hard to put things where I can reach them and she
can't. In this case, she can't even *see* them... The kids can, but
after I turned them on to turning pens and pencils on the lathe, they
kinda prefer using their own. Which is just fine with me.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
My favorite is the one I can find at the moment I need it, which I guess
says something about my shopkeeping habits.

I'll go you one better to that. My favourite tape measure is finding
the same tape measure I just used to take the previous measurement.
~ Eliminates subtle variations in the wood I'm marking.
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
says...

[...]

Another triumph of Canadian technology? Fortunately there's no
Diefanbaker to kill it.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Somebody had to set policy for the Liberal party.

Trudeau was the only one that could make the Diefenbuck real.

------------
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
in.local...
Another triumph of Canadian technology? Fortunately there's no
Diefanbaker to kill it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Maybe need to take a thermometer to insure the same tape metal
expansion....LOL

Are you serious? How much are they off?

---------
"-MIKE-" wrote in message ...
I have one "master" tape measure.
It goes to the store as a reference any time I'm shopping for an linear
measuring device. Especially if that store happens to sell a lot of
Freight that come into Harbor. :-)
You can take one of each off their walls, tape, stick, square, etc.,
and
none of them will match up after 16 inches.

--

-MIKE-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 22:10:06 -0400, "m II" wrote:
Maybe need to take a thermometer to insure the same tape metal
expansion....LOL
Are you serious? How much are they off?

none of them will match up after 16 inches.

And again as usual, with remarkable clarity you demonstrate your
ignorance.

There can be a disparity among tape mesures and a visually noticeable
one too. When you're fitting some type of joint or assembling
cabinets, a disparity of 1/64" can make the construction more
difficult. Most of the woodworkers here have likely noticed it on
occasion. You? You wouldn't be able to discern a 2x4 if it clocked you
on the side of the head.

PS. I left one typo in this message just so your feeble mind would
have something to stimulate it.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Roy Roy is offline

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 10:02:47 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 10/27/2011 10:47 PM, Roy wrote:

I very rarely need a 25 foot tape for cabinet work. I use this one every day in
the shop:

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...62&cat=1,43513

Measure with your off hand, write with the dominant. What a brilliant idea.
Also a version for southpaws. This little LV tape is small and light. Price
has gone up $2 since I first tried one of these.

I have two of those, but from day one kept having problems with the hook
slipping off any edge. Basically, both of mine are useless for my
purposes, so they gather dust in a drawer.

AAMOF, I even wrote to Rob about the problem years ago, so sounds they
might have fixed it by now?

I've had these tapes since Ike hit us, so that was just over 3 years ago, if
that helps you compare their age with your tapes. I gave the last of my
originals (5-6 years old now) away right after Ike to one of my neighbors and
ordered this batch.

I don't remember the previous set having obvious hook slipping problems so can't
say if these three are better or worse than the previous ones. There are three
shallow grooves on the back of the hook I presume to reduce slippage. If yours
don't have the grooves, then Rob must have listened to you and tried to fix the
problem.

I don't think these hook quite as well as the bigger tapes, but they are only
1/2 inch wide so not as rigid nor do they have as big a hook as a 3/4 or 1"
tape. Having said that, I don't find these difficult or inconvenient to use for
cabinet work, but it is pretty rare I need to measure anything much over 4-5
feet. A wider tape is a big advantage when measuring 6 feet or more just
because they are self supporting.

Now, having typed that, I had to go out to the garashop to experiment. The
little LV tapes are self supporting to 3'9". My little 5' Zippo that lives in
my pocket collapses at 21 inches. I tested a brand new Jorgensen, my old
standby Stanley and a Kobolt. Each one of these is 1" wide, 25' long and each
one of them was self supporting to within a few inches either side of 8' even.

I don't know what in the hell that has to do with your original question, but
there ya go.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/29/11 9:10 PM, m II wrote:
Maybe need to take a thermometer to insure the same tape metal
expansion....LOL

Are you serious? How much are they off?

16th to 3/8" at 4 feet.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

JayPique wrote:
I've owned quite a few different tape measures, but haven't found what
I deem to be "the one" for woodworking. My favorite thus far seems to
be the Stanley 33-116. I love the size of it, which is probably why I
keep buying them. If I could change it though, I would get rid of the
32nd marks over the first 12 inches of the tape. Maybe it's my eyes,
but those little lines just all sort of blur together. And who is
going to use a tape measure at all if they are shooting for 64th of an
inch accuracy? The only other thing that I might do is put in the
eighth-inch labels. But overall, it's my favorite. So far...

JP

My brother gave me a Komelon 16 footer, self-locking which I like very
much. It has the usual marks at 16", which I understand. It also has
marks at 19+ inches which turns out to be 1/5 of 8'. Not being a
carpenter I don't know why you would want to divide an 8 foot panel
into fifths, unless it has something to do with roofing. Can anyone
enlighten me on this?

--
Gerald Ross

Afraid of heights? Not me, I'm afraid
of widths! --Steven Wright

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/28/2011 10:57 AM, Swingman wrote:

The most important characteristic of any tape measure for me:
One that perfectly matches my table saw fence tape!

In this case:

A 12' Stanley 33-212.

Ditto.
Been using that sucker for years in my shop. Wait, mine is a 33-312,
but I like it for all the same reasons you cite.

Small, fits nicely in the apron; the hook is accurate and doesn't slip;
consistent/same reading accuracy from one tape measure to another;
therefore I keep four on hand all the time - one in the truck, one in
the tool bag, one in the shop apron, one in the shop drawer.

It's like measuring with the same tape measure, time after time. Can't
get any better than that.

YMMV ...

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/30/2011 8:06 AM, Gerald Ross wrote:
JayPique wrote:
[...]

Coincidence, perhaps, but 19+ inches is also 0.5 meter
(depending on where your + is) Any other marking near 39
3/8"?

It's rare, but some tapes offer dual-measure. I have an old
inch/metric Stanley, although it's arranged by side.

Aero

Posted to rec.woodworking

Those are the ones (one sided measure only) we find everywhere but are
slowly making their ways to the $0.99 bins.

-----------
"aeroloose" wrote in message ...
It's rare, but some tapes offer dual-measure. I have an old
inch/metric Stanley, although it's arranged by side.

Aero

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/30/2011 7:06 AM, Gerald Ross wrote:
JayPique wrote:
[...]

Another centering system just like using 12, 16, 24.
To stud out an 8' sheet :
@ 12" - 9 studs/rafters/joists
@16" - 7 studs
@19.2- 6 studs
@24 - 5 studs
Posted to rec.woodworking

JayPique wrote:
[...]

the marking are what we call the 19-2 layout (19 and 2/10ths inches).
used more with floor trusses. the floor trusses are strong enough to be
spaced just over 19 inches apart and a sheet of floor decking still
works being half on the truss at eight feet. floor trusses are made of
2x4's and steel plates.

Read mo
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_t...#ixzz1cGzOtNXG
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/30/2011 8:17 AM, Jack wrote:
On 10/28/2011 10:57 AM, Swingman wrote:

The most important characteristic of any tape measure for me:
One that perfectly matches my table saw fence tape!

In this case:

A 12' Stanley 33-212.

Ditto.
Been using that sucker for years in my shop. Wait, mine is a 33-312, but
I like it for all the same reasons you cite.

My typo ... it is the same as yours. (I'd try to type it again, but with
a new laptop/keyboard I can barely get my name right)

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

Love my Komelon 12 footer. I like the self locking feature that doesn't
require unlocking to pull out like my Stanley 30'. The 12' is so small
and light for woodworking.

JayPique wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/29/2011 9:43 PM, Roy wrote:
On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 10:02:47 -0500, wrote:

I have two of those, but from day one kept having problems with the hook
slipping off any edge. Basically, both of mine are useless for my
purposes, so they gather dust in a drawer.

AAMOF, I even wrote to Rob about the problem years ago, so sounds they
might have fixed it by now?

I've had these tapes since Ike hit us, so that was just over 3 years ago, if
that helps you compare their age with your tapes. I gave the last of my
originals (5-6 years old now) away right after Ike to one of my neighbors and
ordered this batch.

Mine do have the three grooves. Where DO they differ from the Stanley's,
is that the two rivet heads, on the concentric (bottom) side that holds
the hook on, are visibly thicker than my Stanley's rivets ... the result
is the hook does not sit as far down on the piece being measured,
meaning their hold is not as secure.

A case where more robust is not necessarily better ... perhaps that has
been addressed in later versions. I wasn't going to spend the money to
find out.

Don't get me wrong, the LV's are the perfect size for shop use and I
love the 'right-handedness'. I just got tired of them slipping off the
work piece. Not every time mind you, but just about every time damn time
I was in a situation where I didn't have one to spare and another hand
would have been ideal, the hook would cant upwards throwing the
measurement off close to a 1/16".

I'm glad to see they work for you, I sure wish they did for me ... being
LV you would almost bet, and win, on the consistency of readings from
tape to tape.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/30/2011 12:34 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 10/29/11 9:10 PM, m II wrote:
Maybe need to take a thermometer to insure the same tape metal
expansion....LOL

Are you serious? How much are they off?

16th to 3/8" at 4 feet.

No ****! ... and folks wonder why their projects don't end up being
square when they use multiple tape measures on the same project.

As I'm sure you know, the best tape measure is NO tape measure.

I never measure when I can _mark_.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/29/11 9:10 PM, m II wrote:
Maybe need to take a thermometer to insure the same tape metal
expansion....LOL

Are you serious? How much are they off?

16th to 3/8" at 4 feet.

No ****! ... and folks wonder why their projects don't end up being
square when they use multiple tape measures on the same project.

As I'm sure you know, the best tape measure is NO tape measure.

I never measure when I can _mark_.

I finally figured that one out a couple years ago, too. What a
difference! No more being 1" off (always short, right?) on a
measurement with a tape, even if I wrote it down at the time of
measurement... sigh

Story sticks are _happenin'!_

--
The human brain is unique in that it is the only container of which
it can be said that the more you put into it, the more it will hold.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/30/11 7:06 AM, Gerald Ross wrote:

My brother gave me a Komelon 16 footer, self-locking which I like very
much. It has the usual marks at 16", which I understand. It also has
marks at 19+ inches which turns out to be 1/5 of 8'. Not being a
carpenter I don't know why you would want to divide an 8 foot panel into
fifths, unless it has something to do with roofing. Can anyone enlighten
me on this?

Engineered lumber and metric.
Some engineered joists are spaced at 19.2" instead of 16". I'm guessing
it's because they are stronger and also because it's pretty close to
half a meter and engineers work in metric.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/29/11 9:10 PM, m II wrote:
Maybe need to take a thermometer to insure the same tape metal
expansion....LOL

Are you serious? How much are they off?

16th to 3/8" at 4 feet.

No ****! ... and folks wonder why their projects don't end up being
square when they use multiple tape measures on the same project.

As I'm sure you know, the best tape measure is NO tape measure.

I never measure when I can _mark_.

I'm glad to hear someone else say that!

I had another guy look at me like I was a nut case when I carried pieces
of trim around to mark, then to the saw to cut. He said, "why don't you
just use a tape measure?" I answered, "Because I only want to make one
cut."

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

By the way, I have a 30' Stanley 30-997, one of the older, discontinued,
Leverlock models. Red. The newer yellow Leverlocks suck, by comparison.
If I ever find any of these for sale, new old stock, I will buy half a
dozen.

This thing is a perfect tape measure. I also like that the tape takes a
pencil or shaprie marker mark very well, but not so much that it can't
be rubbed off.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

Crikey!

That could explain a few things over the years. Sometimes you write the
measurement down, double check it, be really careful when cutting, twice
checked (reread) reaffirm the saw thickness and line-up with the laser line
and the damn things is still 1/16" too short. Should have fit like a
glove???

More research will be taking place on the tapes I have. I have about 5 or 6
different brands and a few the same brand. I just find this really hard to
believe! I can see the end stop gets off or is manufactured badly but then
some of my favourites are the cheapo units. A few Stanley's I have paid big
bucks for turned out to be garbage and bent within a month of usage.

I still can't use that excuse for the many cuts I have done tat were off by
1" over the years but.... I have a theory that the rivets on the end hook
that allow it to slide have been caught and they always seem to be an exact
1" from the end.

---------

"-MIKE-" wrote in message ...

By the way, I have a 30' Stanley 30-997, one of the older, discontinued,
Leverlock models. Red. The newer yellow Leverlocks suck, by comparison.
If I ever find any of these for sale, new old stock, I will buy half a
dozen.

This thing is a perfect tape measure. I also like that the tape takes a
pencil or shaprie marker mark very well, but not so much that it can't
be rubbed off.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

JayPique wrote:
[...]

The VAST majority of tape measures sold in Canada over the last 20+
years are dual scale. Which is why I said the Acuratape was "rare" in
Canada, being inch only.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Try the Komelon, I have the Stanley Lever Lock. The red. My little 12'
Komelon kills it. easy to pull out, ____light____, marks well, I use
alcohol to clean my marks off. Of course I use my 30' Lever Lock for
construction, but not wood working since I found the Komelon, and yes
guys I agree story sticks are nice. I prefer marking from one piece to
the next. I use a knife. But when I need it.. the Light and accurate
Komelon gets my use. So light I keep it on me always while working.

On 10/30/2011 1:33 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
By the way, I have a 30' Stanley 30-997, one of the older, discontinued,
Leverlock models. Red. The newer yellow Leverlocks suck, by comparison.
If I ever find any of these for sale, new old stock, I will buy half a
dozen.

This thing is a perfect tape measure. I also like that the tape takes a
pencil or shaprie marker mark very well, but not so much that it can't
be rubbed off.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/30/2011 3:57 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

Try the Komelon, I have the Stanley Lever Lock. The red. My little 12'
Komelon kills it. easy to pull out, ____light____, marks well, I use
alcohol to clean my marks off. Of course I use my 30' Lever Lock for
construction, but not wood working since I found the Komelon, and yes
guys I agree story sticks are nice. I prefer marking from one piece to
the next. I use a knife. But when I need it.. the Light and accurate
Komelon gets my use. So light I keep it on me always while working.

I'm gonna take your word on this. Never heard of them until now.

AAMOF, needed ten bucks to kick me to the free shipping category on an
Amazon gift card so just added two of the 12' model Komelon to the cart
as I was checking out.

I was looking for something small that had both inches and mm so I could
use it when setting the parallel guides with my Festool guide rails
without having to pull out the calculator and do a conversion.

Damn ... two of the 12' puppies for just over ten bucks, in lieu of
shipping, total cost zero!

Hope they're not as _cheap_ as the price reflects!

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010