Posted to rec.woodworking
Gramp's shop Gramp's shop is offline

Default Tape Measures for woodworking

On 10/27/2011 7:07 PM, JayPique wrote:
I've owned quite a few different tape measures, but haven't found what
I deem to be "the one" for woodworking. My favorite thus far seems to
be the Stanley 33-116. I love the size of it, which is probably why I
keep buying them. If I could change it though, I would get rid of the
32nd marks over the first 12 inches of the tape. Maybe it's my eyes,
but those little lines just all sort of blur together. And who is
going to use a tape measure at all if they are shooting for 64th of an
inch accuracy? The only other thing that I might do is put in the
eighth-inch labels. But overall, it's my favorite. So far...

JP

My favorite is the one I can find at the moment I need it, which I guess
says something about my shopkeeping habits. I have about six tape
measures, and most of them came with an undocumented feature -- tiny
legs that emerge when I set it down and a high speed motor that takes
zips it to an entirely different location.

Larry