Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Tape Measures for woodworking

On 10/28/2011 10:57 AM, Swingman wrote:

The most important characteristic of any tape measure for me:
One that perfectly matches my table saw fence tape!

In this case:

A 12' Stanley 33-212.

Ditto.
Been using that sucker for years in my shop. Wait, mine is a 33-312,
but I like it for all the same reasons you cite.

Small, fits nicely in the apron; the hook is accurate and doesn't slip;
consistent/same reading accuracy from one tape measure to another;
therefore I keep four on hand all the time - one in the truck, one in
the tool bag, one in the shop apron, one in the shop drawer.

It's like measuring with the same tape measure, time after time. Can't
get any better than that.

YMMV ...

--
Jack