Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller[_3_] Doug Miller[_3_] is offline

Default Tape Measures for woodworking

On 10/28/2011 4:09 PM, JayPique wrote:
On Oct 28, 3:28 pm, Doug
wrote:
On 10/28/2011 2:47 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:

My favorite is the one I can find at the moment I need it, which I guess
says something about my shopkeeping habits. I have about six tape
measures, and most of them came with an undocumented feature -- tiny
legs that emerge when I set it down and a high speed motor that takes
zips it to an entirely different location.

Damn, you buy the same brand I do!

You must have the "Dixon Ticonderoga" brand tape measures...

SWMBO and the kids all have the bad habit of walking off with my
pencils. Finally, I bought another box and hid them. I'm 5" taller than
SWMBO; additionally, my arms are unusually long, and hers unusually
short, so it's not too hard to put things where I can reach them and she
can't. In this case, she can't even *see* them... The kids can, but
after I turned them on to turning pens and pencils on the lathe, they
kinda prefer using their own. Which is just fine with me.