Posted to rec.woodworking
m II m II is offline

Default Tape Measures for woodworking

Must have a self locking pull-out and both sides of tape the same
system for left and right measurements.

Most will do if they meet that criteria.

I am not sure I will buy Stanley again. The last two units haven't
lasted more than a few months even though I paid $20 for each. The
$3.95 units at the surplus stores last over a few years, usually.

--------------
"JayPique" wrote in message

I've owned quite a few different tape measures, but haven't found what
I deem to be "the one" for woodworking. My favorite thus far seems to
be the Stanley 33-116. I love the size of it, which is probably why I
keep buying them. If I could change it though, I would get rid of the
32nd marks over the first 12 inches of the tape. Maybe it's my eyes,
but those little lines just all sort of blur together. And who is
going to use a tape measure at all if they are shooting for 64th of an
inch accuracy? The only other thing that I might do is put in the
eighth-inch labels. But overall, it's my favorite. So far...

JP