Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Tape Measures for woodworking

Je praat van beide zijden van uw mond.

Ask your Double Dutch sock puppet.

-----------------
"Han" wrote in message ...
Wie de schoen past trekke hem aan.
Ask Robatoy what that means.

A difference of .47" is more than 1 cm, the width of a pinky nail, and that
is too much, even for carpenters.

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to rec.woodworking

It isn't metric at all. Mike was just caught dishing out his usual bull****
again and is trying to backpeddle.

------------------
"dpb" wrote in message ...

If it were a mis-measurement, sure, but in this case it isn't a mistake,
it's a deliberate compensation.

It's the _correct_ measurement for laying out so that the span will work
correctly for 8-ft sheets, a most common dimension for sheathing,
subflooring, etc., etc., etc.

If the truss/rafter/joist system is adequate on 19.67" centers, it's
certainly adequate on a _closer_ spacing since that shortens the
distance between them and thereby decreases the deflections, etc. from
what would be (a few percent at most so not enough to make any practical
difference, but it _is_ the conservative direction).

--

On 10/31/2011 12:22 PM, Han wrote:

A difference of .47" is more than 1 cm, the width of a pinky nail, and
that
is too much, even for carpenters.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/1/11 4:27 PM, Josepi wrote:
It isn't metric at all. Mike was just caught dishing out his usual
bull**** again and is trying to backpeddle.

Yet, dip**** Josepi never has any fact to back up his claims.
You sure have quite a hard-on for me, sugar.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/1/2011 4:25 PM, Leon wrote:

I have 5 Fast Cap tape measures, I have had 2 replaced free of charge by
the manufacturer. No big deal and all handled through e-mail.

Glad they work for you. I've got your 40% problem rate, but in my case
it was 100%. The two I've had were problematic from the get go. The one
I currently have, flat, flexible and great for measuring around curved
parts, was extended to its legitimate length just once (not
over-extended) and immediately thereafter will not retract all the way.

Grrrrr ... too badm because I like the concept.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/1/2011 5:53 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 11/1/2011 4:25 PM, Leon wrote:

I have 5 Fast Cap tape measures, I have had 2 replaced free of charge by
the manufacturer. No big deal and all handled through e-mail.

Glad they work for you. I've got your 40% problem rate, but in my case
it was 100%. The two I've had were problematic from the get go. The one
I currently have, flat, flexible and great for measuring around curved
parts, was extended to its legitimate length just once (not
over-extended) and immediately thereafter will not retract all the way.

Grrrrr ... too badm because I like the concept.

I had the same problem with a green one, I e-mailed them and they gladly
replaced it. Oddlyit started working again and no problems since. I
found that the first white flat one was not accurate. They replaced it
too. They have no yet want any of them back.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 31, 9:40*pm, tiredofspam nospam.nospam.com wrote:
Yea, never saw that one. It appears to have a manual lock, not like the
one I have...
This is what I was referring to.http://www.amazon.com/Komelon-SL2812.../dp/B000BQ7WGI...

On 10/31/2011 1:56 PM, Swingman wrote:

On 10/30/2011 7:43 PM, tiredofspam wrote:
Swingman, which 12 footer did you get. I have the green one I don't know
if my number matches. but on Amazon it looks like it might be SL2812

I see they have a yellow SL2912...

I didn't see where either said MM...Although the SL2912 looks like the
tape is marked with fractions.

This is the one I ordered:

http://www.amazon.com/Komelon-4912IM...ot-Metric/dp/B...

That tape was only $6 at Lowe's today. I bought the 16 footer for
$5.88 plus tax. No 32nd marks, so far I love it.
JP
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 1, 5:25*pm, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

I have 5 Fast Cap tape measures, I have had 2 replaced free of charge by
the manufacturer. *No big deal and all handled through e-mail.

I've probably spent northwards of three hundred dollars on tapes over
the years. It's nice to have found a company that should largely
eliminate any further expenditures in that area. Except for gifts.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I treat you exactly the same as you to me. Somebody needs to show you a
reflection of your arrogance.
In fact I have learned the attitude from you, sweetpants.

------
"-MIKE-" wrote in message ...
Yet, dip**** Josepi never has any fact to back up his claims.
You sure have quite a hard-on for me, sugar.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

These boys make some real nice tapes..

http://www.fastcap.com/estore/pc/vie...2&idcategory=0

On 10/27/2011 8:07 PM, JayPique wrote:
I've owned quite a few different tape measures, but haven't found what
I deem to be "the one" for woodworking. My favorite thus far seems to
be the Stanley 33-116. I love the size of it, which is probably why I
keep buying them. If I could change it though, I would get rid of the
32nd marks over the first 12 inches of the tape. Maybe it's my eyes,
but those little lines just all sort of blur together. And who is
going to use a tape measure at all if they are shooting for 64th of an
inch accuracy? The only other thing that I might do is put in the
eighth-inch labels. But overall, it's my favorite. So far...

JP