Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Best Grooves

OBWW

Her Strut - Bob Seger.

Money For Nothing - Dire Straits.

All She Wants To Do Is Dance - Don Henley.

seed money

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 02:12:46 GMT, "Lee" wrote:

You Win Again-Jerry Lee Lewis---oops gave my age away

Ida Red - Bob Wills (don't worry about the age)

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/
Posted to rec.woodworking

Come to Realize - Ronnie Wood/"Gimme Some Neck" (this whole album is
great)
Sympathy for The Devil - Rolling Stones (Woo Woo....)
U.S. Blues - THe Harshed Mellows (off "Deadicated")

-Zz

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 20:56:04 -0500, Tom Watson
wrote:

OBWW

Her Strut - Bob Seger.

Money For Nothing - Dire Straits.

All She Wants To Do Is Dance - Don Henley.

seed money

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

Posted to rec.woodworking

What A Wonderful World- Ramones

Don't Get Me Wrong- Pretenders

Claire- Rheostatics

Running Down A Dream- Tom Petty

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 20 Nov 2006 19:15:21 -0800, "Robatoy" wrote:

What A Wonderful World- Ramones

Don't Get Me Wrong- Pretenders

Claire- Rheostatics

Running Down A Dream- Tom Petty

Walk On the Wild Side - Lou Reed.

Heroin - Lou Reed.

Waiting For My Man - Lou Reed.

(and, if I may take this opportunity to say, fook nico.)

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/
Posted to rec.woodworking

Woke Up This Morning - Alabama 3

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/
Posted to rec.woodworking

Neighbourhood #3 (Power Out)- The Arcade Fire

Dangerous Mood- Keb' Mo'

Killamangiro- Babyshambles

Is You Is or Is You Ain't- BB King & Dr. John

Making Contact- Bruce Cockburn

Panic In Detroit- David Bowie

Touch Of Grey- The Grateful dead

Little Sister- Queens Of The Stone Age

....from 'Most Recent' on my iTunes.

Posted to rec.woodworking
tom tom is offline

Robatoy seems to have the most eclectic (de gustibus non disputandum,
est.) of musical tastes, of all of you. Do any of you play a musical
instrument? Zappa, Henry Cow (oh, yes), Stravinsky. Tom
Robatoy wrote:
Neighbourhood #3 (Power Out)- The Arcade Fire

Dangerous Mood- Keb' Mo'

Killamangiro- Babyshambles

Is You Is or Is You Ain't- BB King & Dr. John

Making Contact- Bruce Cockburn

Panic In Detroit- David Bowie

Touch Of Grey- The Grateful dead

Little Sister- Queens Of The Stone Age

...from 'Most Recent' on my iTunes.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

OBWW

Her Strut - Bob Seger.

Money For Nothing - Dire Straits.

All She Wants To Do Is Dance - Don Henley.

seed money

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

OLD: Neil Young, Montezuma (whole lp)
NEW: Radiohead, Creep

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
OBWW

Her Strut - Bob Seger.

Money For Nothing - Dire Straits. !!!

Green Onions - Booker T. And the MG's

Matchbox - Jonny Lang

Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 - J.S. Bach

You Can Call Me Al - Paul Simon

Puttin' On the Ritz - Kenny Ball and His Jazzmen

Texas Flood - Stevie Ray Vaugn and Double Trouble

She Took The Katy - Blues Brother's

Rad Gumbo - Little Feat

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/29/06

Posted to rec.woodworking

Tom Watson wrote:
OBWW

Three Little Pigs - Green Jelly
Screamin' for Vengeance - Judas Priest
Impression that I get - Mighty Bosstones
What is Hip? - Tower of Power
Two Step - Dave Matthews
Princess of the Dawn - Accept
Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden
Duane's Tune - Dickey Betts Band
Fire Woman - Cult
Precious Declaration - Collective Soul

And most of Big Bad Voodoo Daddy's or Gary Hoey's catalogs...
Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:

Rad Gumbo - Little Feat

Cajun Girl!!!!
Posted to rec.woodworking

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
Swingman wrote:

Rad Gumbo - Little Feat

Cajun Girl!!!!

Yeah buddy!!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/29/06

Posted to rec.woodworking

tom wrote:
Robatoy seems to have the most eclectic (de gustibus non disputandum,
est.) of musical tastes, of all of you. Do any of you play a musical
instrument? Zappa, Henry Cow (oh, yes), Stravinsky. Tom

I have been accused of an eclectic taste in music before, but most of
my friends call it a bit differently: this dude listens to anything.
I think it was Glen Miller who said: "If it sounds good, it is good."
I love a good riff as much as the next guy, but it still needs to sound
like music, complex bullshiat for the sake of complexity turns me off.
But if I zoom back and take a look at the big picture, only a few
really stand out as all-around favourites. That list isn't that long:

All Cohen stuff:

Closing Time
I'm Your Man
Everybody Knows
The Future
Anthem
and Cohen's version of a song that Tom mentioned: Woke Up This Morning.
Oh.. and Bono's version of Halleluja
and, and, Jennifer Warnes' First we Take Manhattan...oh..and Famous
Blue Raincoat

and, of course, The B 52's version of The Flintstones Theme. (What a
great movie.. who can forget Elizabeth Taylor as the mother in law..
Rosie O'Donnell as Betty...Rick Moranis as Barney..just a great cast
all around.

Will you look at this.. in my CD player in my wife's office...MY
CD...Manhattan Transfer's Birdland.

Now, suddenly I'm in the mood for some Hollies... no wait.. Ricky
Skaggs?...no..Tori Amos..no
okay, *hits shuffle*

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message

Now, suddenly I'm in the mood for some Hollies... no wait.. Ricky
Skaggs?...no..Tori Amos..no
okay, *hits shuffle*

Know the feeling ... 7712 of my _favorite_ tunes on my iPod at last count.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/29/06

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in
:

"Robatoy" wrote in message

Now, suddenly I'm in the mood for some Hollies... no wait.. Ricky
Skaggs?...no..Tori Amos..no
okay, *hits shuffle*

Know the feeling ... 7712 of my _favorite_ tunes on my iPod at last
count.

It's _great_ knowing I'm not alone!

Patriarch,
adding in some GF Handel, too...
Posted to rec.woodworking

How Lucky - Indigo Swing
Ding Dong Daddy of the D-Car Line -- Cherry Poppin' Daddies
High Mas -- Carribean Carnival
Turn It Around -- Carribean Carnival
A Woman's Lament - Lifescapes - Ireland
A Year Ago -- Kenny G
Higher Connection -- Pepino D'Agostino (Close to the Heart)
One For My Baby (And One More For the Road) -- Frank Sinatra
Rain On Christmas -- David Sanborn
Blackberry Blossum -- Picks & Sticks Stringband
Cats Got The Measles -- Cathy Fink
Rachel -- Rich Kowalewski, Robert Tye (Brazil Limited Edition)
Something That We Do -- Clint Black (a love song that'll take you from
that first kiss to that final 'so-long'"
Half The Man -- Clint Black
She's Got the Rhythm (I Got The Blues) -- Alan Jackson
She Thinks His Name Was John -- Reba McEntire
Where You End and I Begin -- Reba
It's All Right To Be A Redneck -- Alan Jackson
He Gets From Me -- Reba
Winter Dreams -- Robert Haig Coxon Jr.
Midnight Confessions -- The Grass Roots
End of the World -- Skeeter Davis
Obscured By Clouds -- Pink Floyd
Axel F -- Harold Faltmeyer
Rock & Roll Me Again -- The System
Come Up The Years -- Jefferson Airplane
Sound -- James (Seven)
Thick As A Brick -- Jethro Tull
My Boyfriends Back -- The Chiffons
Pressure -- The Kinks
Low Budget -- The Kinks
On The Dark Side -- John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band
The New Girl In School -- Jan & Dean
Run, Baby Run -- Sheryl Crowe
Lady Jane -- The Rolling Stones
Sleep To Dream -- Fiona Apple
Sometimes Love Just Aint Enough -- Patty Smith
Wipe Out -- The Surfaris
Pipeline -- The Routers (Hey ...a woodowrking connection!)
Steven -- Alice Cooper
When A Man Loves a Woman -- Michael Bolton
Cigarette In The Rain -- Randy Crawford
Amazing Grace -- Carlos Nakai
The Hunt -- Mickey Hart

Enough already ... there are hundreds more. I grew up with Glen Miller,
Tommy Dorsey etc and ALSO The Beatles ... lot of fabulous music. There
isn't much of the current lot that I care to listen to and even less
that I care to own.

Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

Am I the only one in here thinking it would be a discussion on Routers
vs Dado blades vs planes?

Anyways, I have a mix of Eagles, Steely Dan, Daft Punk, Blumchen, and
They Might Be Giants in my workshop music player.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

OBWW

Her Strut - Bob Seger.

Money For Nothing - Dire Straits.

All She Wants To Do Is Dance - Don Henley.

seed money

He's Funny That Way - Billie Holiday

The Advent of Panurge - Gentle Giant

Karn Evil 9 - ELP

Stormy Weather - Billie Holiday

Mark
(sixoneeight) = 618

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 21 Nov 2006 14:21:33 -0800, "tom" wrote:

Ahh, Gentle Giant...I've always enjoyed their arrangements. Tom

Yeah but 33s and saw dust just are not the best of friends, but being
a geek and former Shure engineering tech, where there is a will there
is away. However none are available outside my abode, for me it is
fair use of my LPs (1), beyond that lay the land of DCMA.

Markem
1(500 plus) 2% digitized and counting
(sixoneeight) = 618

Posted to rec.woodworking

Karn Evil 9 - ELP

One of the best tunes of all time!

-- Mark

Posted to rec.woodworking

Money For Nothing - Dire Straits.

Second only to "Sultans of Swing", about the best song ever done by
anyone

In my player today:

Keller Williams -- Stage, Disc 2

Tommy Emmanuel

Solas

Itzhak Perlman -- Four Seasons

Dave Matthews Band

Acoustic Alchemy

and of course,

Bela Fleck doing unnatural acts with his banjo

Or else the radio's playing Click and Clack and their inane laughter
or Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me from Chicago . . . .

--
"What do *you* care what other people think?" --Arline Feynman
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 21, 7:50 pm, Test Tickle wrote:

rIt's good to see someone mention Bruce Cockburn. Peggy's Kitchen Wall.

The whole Waiting For A Miracle is brilliant.
The instrumentation on If I Had A Rocket Launcher alone is worth the
price of admission.
Speaking of Barenaked ladies (obscure segway) Ed Robinson does a fine
job on their new CD Barenaked Ladies Are Me. The song Easy is very
pleasant.

But.. back to what i was listening to a few moment ago... I was trying
to figure out which version of I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor I
like best.... is it The Arctic Monkies..or Sugababes?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades" Timbuk 3

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , Tom Watson
wrote:

Ida Red - Bob Wills (don't worry about the age)

Asleep At The Wheel does a great cover of Ida Red.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Wow.... not one mention of any of my regulars.

Alvin Lee (the honest to Pete guitar god, no Eric whatshisname)

Peter Green (just about anything along about '67 -'75)

Jeff Beck - Situation, Goin' Down, Spanish Boots

Tony Rice (with or without anyone)

Manassas - Turn Back the Pages, Bluebird, So Begins the Task

Sean Phillips - Contribution, Second Collaboration

Not much popular stuff there, but I think most of that stuff holds up
well even though some of it is 35-40 years old.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

Subject

Ella, Diana, Sarah, Art Tatum, Joe Williams, Monk, Brubeck, Miles.

The list goes on, but you get the idea.

Lew
Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
Subject

Ella, Diana, Sarah, Art Tatum, Joe Williams, Monk, Brubeck, Miles.

The list goes on, but you get the idea.

Lew

You go, boy!

Bill Evans, Art Blakely, Oscar Peterson, Stan Getz, Wayne Shorter,
Coleman Hawkins, Joe Pass.... none are ever too far from the jukebox.
And of course... never heard a bad note from Paul Desmond.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 14:33:50 -0500, Bill in Detroit
wrote:

How Lucky - Indigo Swing

Gotta add

My baby just cares for me
Choo-choo Ch'boogie
and
Red Door Blues

if you're going to mention Indigo Swing.

In others,

Folsom Prison Blues - Johnny Cash
Get Rhythm - Johnny Cash
The entire Kind of Blue album (studio cut) - Miles Davis
I've got the world (on a string) - Frank Sinatra
I wish I were in love again - Frank Sinatra
The Birth of the Blues - Sammy Davis Jr. version

Voodoo Child - (as covered by) Harry Manx
[This guy is really, really worth a listen, if you've never heard of
him]

Jailhouse Rock - Elvis
Save my Soul - Big Bad Voodoo Daddies
Things have changed - Big Bad Voodoo Daddies
Cool Blue Reason - Cake
Satan is my Motor - Cake
Vicarious - Tool
Devil went down to Georgia - Charlie Daniels Band
Even Flow - Pearl Jam
Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd
Zip Gun Bop - Royal Crown Revue
Minnie the Moocher - Cab Calloway
Zoot Suit Riot - Tommy Dorsey
Jump, Jive An' Wail - Brian Setzer

I'm sure there are dozens, if not hundreds of others I'll think of as
soon as I hit send, but these are the standouts in my mind as of
now...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 21 Nov 2006 22:57:34 -0800, wrote:

Wow.... not one mention of any of my regulars.

And strangely, a few of mine- that doesn't happen often.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Wow.. great line-up. (Huge Setzer fan here)

Try Van Morrison's version of Comfortably Numb..from the Roger Waters
Berlin/Wall concert.. with Levon and Danko singing back-up vocals..
it'll send shivah's down ya spine..

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message

with Levon and Danko singing back-up vocals..

Hard to equal that for legacy ... except maybe Lowell George.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/29/06

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

with Levon and Danko singing back-up vocals..

Hard to equal that for legacy ... except maybe Lowell George.

Back then, Little Feat didn't leave my turntable for weeks.

There are many memories attached to Linda Ronstadt's version
of "Willing" as well.

That and Pure Prairy League, Poco--- The Running Horse image designed
by the late, great Phil Hartman of SNL fame. I still think Poco is
great. On my shelf, next to Beau Brummels, Buffalo Springfield. Can you
say Burrrrrito Bros???? I love a lot of music, but that
blue-grassy/rocky/country thing has got a piece of my soul. I'll be
spinning some Poco this evening.

I know I'm going to ragged on for saying this, but they don't make them
like that any more. They just don't.

*cartwheeling on out to the shop and singing*

Well now
Amie what you wanna do?
I think I could stay with you
For a while, maybe longer if I do

Now it's come to what you want you've had your way
And all the things you thought before just faded into gray
And can you see
That I don't know if it's you or if it's me
If it's one of us I'm sure we'll both will see
Won't you look at me and tell me

Amie what you wanna do?
I think I could stay with you
For a while, maybe longer
Longer if I do

(sounded better after '78 when Vince Gill joined PPL...little know
fact..)

Best get to work before Boetcher gets mad at me again...
note to self: bring Decca record brush to shop to blow out with air....

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
Subject

Ella, Diana, Sarah, Art Tatum, Joe Williams, Monk, Brubeck, Miles.

The list goes on, but you get the idea.

Lew

Detroit just got a European Classical / Classical Jazz station (90.9 FM
if you happen to be in the area) that plays Mozart, Holst, etc. all day
but Jazz from 7 pm.

Not much news and no political commentary AT ALL!

Every radio in my house is permanently tuned to it.

Bill