Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy Robatoy is offline

Default Best Grooves

tom wrote:
Robatoy seems to have the most eclectic (de gustibus non disputandum,
est.) of musical tastes, of all of you. Do any of you play a musical
instrument? Zappa, Henry Cow (oh, yes), Stravinsky. Tom

I have been accused of an eclectic taste in music before, but most of
my friends call it a bit differently: this dude listens to anything.
I think it was Glen Miller who said: "If it sounds good, it is good."
I love a good riff as much as the next guy, but it still needs to sound
like music, complex bullshiat for the sake of complexity turns me off.
But if I zoom back and take a look at the big picture, only a few
really stand out as all-around favourites. That list isn't that long:

All Cohen stuff:

Closing Time
I'm Your Man
Everybody Knows
The Future
Anthem
and Cohen's version of a song that Tom mentioned: Woke Up This Morning.
Oh.. and Bono's version of Halleluja
and, and, Jennifer Warnes' First we Take Manhattan...oh..and Famous
Blue Raincoat

and, of course, The B 52's version of The Flintstones Theme. (What a
great movie.. who can forget Elizabeth Taylor as the mother in law..
Rosie O'Donnell as Betty...Rick Moranis as Barney..just a great cast
all around.

Will you look at this.. in my CD player in my wife's office...MY
CD...Manhattan Transfer's Birdland.

Now, suddenly I'm in the mood for some Hollies... no wait.. Ricky
Skaggs?...no..Tori Amos..no
okay, *hits shuffle*