Tom Mercer

Default Spray painter

I am referring to the electric paint sprayer like the Wagner .

Dave Hinz

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:53:14 -0400, Tom Mercer wrote:
I am referring to the electric paint sprayer like the Wagner .

What about it? Want one? Drippy, cloggy POS.

loutent

In article , Dave Hinz
wrote:

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:53:14 -0400, Tom Mercer wrote:
I am referring to the electric paint sprayer like the Wagner .

What about it? Want one? Drippy, cloggy POS.

I'll second that POS remark. I have one and use
it for only one purpose every 2 years: spraying
lattice that surrounds our deck.

Lou
Lew Hodgett

Tom Mercer wrote:
I am referring to the electric paint sprayer like the Wagner .

Paint sprayer and that POS are mutually exclusive terms.

Lew
Rob Spear

Don't waste your money on a small electric on, but invest bit more money
and get something worth your while as it will beworth your time and
money.......and your dismay with a cheap one.

I know been there, did that.

Duane Bozarth

Lew Hodgett wrote:

Tom Mercer wrote:
I am referring to the electric paint sprayer like the Wagner .

Paint sprayer and that POS are mutually exclusive terms.

OTOH, paint splatterer and POS are synonymous...
Patriarch

loutent wrote in :

In article , Dave Hinz
wrote:

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:53:14 -0400, Tom Mercer wrote:
I am referring to the electric paint sprayer like the Wagner .

What about it? Want one? Drippy, cloggy POS.

I'll second that POS remark. I have one and use
it for only one purpose every 2 years: spraying
lattice that surrounds our deck.

For that, I use a cheap garden pump sprayer. And if I use a good stain
product, in my climate, every 4 to 5 years. YMMV.

Wagner builds junk.

Patriarch
Robatoy

In article ,
"Tom Mercer" wrote:

I am referring to the electric paint sprayer like the Wagner .

Absolute crap. But I repeat a reply I posted to your previous query.

Airless sprayers atomize the paint by the enormous pressure that the
paint is under at the exiting nozzle. The game starts at $1000.00
The vibrating diaphragm Wagner crap is crap in it's purest form.
----------------

HVLP or regular sprayers atomize the paint by blowing the paint feed
apart with air.

The systems are not interchangeable.

The HVLP/regular sprayers can be used for basically the same jobs.
------------------
Airless, however, is best suited for serious through-put of heavier
materials. I just painted my daughter's sitting room. The room's ceiling
is acoustic tile, and the walls are T&G panels. I covered the carpet
with plastic. taped the windows and baseboards, and painted the room
with 2 gallons of paint in 30 minutes. That's where the airless system
shines. Mine is a Titan system and it has paid for itself many times
over in the last 5 years. I ended up with it after a large renovation
job where it was the only way to paint the overhead exposed structural
steel. With an extension wand, it was actually a lot of fun.
Airless systems are often rated in HP (mine is a 3/4 HP at 3000 PSI)
Some are rated in Gallons per minute, which should tell you something.
Great for the outside of houses, barns etc. Great for irregular surfaces
like block and brick.

HVLP is for finer finishes. Conversion guns are as good as any. No need
for all that dedicated turbine stuff although a friend does very nice
work with his Fuji. If you're planning on using waterborne finishes,
make sure that stainless components are used. Quality costs money.

YMMV
Michael White

Lew Hodgett ) wrote on Tuesday 12 July 2005 06:12
pm:

Tom Mercer wrote:
I am referring to the electric paint sprayer like the Wagner .

Paint sprayer and that POS are mutually exclusive terms.

Lew

Wait, I've got a Wagner 9150 electric airless sprayer, and I'm happy with
it. It does not splatter if properly maintained. I'm on my third year of
ownership, and have used it for quite a few painting and staining jobs.
The only pain is the cleanup. I even got a good deal, since it was a
remanufactured model.

Unless you're talking about the little hand sprayers, then I have no
experience with those. But, from what I've heard, they're pretty much
garbage.
--
Michael White "To protect people from the effects of folly is to
fill the world with fools." -Herbert Spencer
Dave Hall

wrote:

I am referring to the electric paint sprayer like the Wagner .

I have and use a number of less-than-high-quality tools and have a
hard time throwing even the worst piece of crap away. However, I
tossed my Wagner "sprayer" into the garbage can and never looked back.
It was by far the worst piece of crap tool that I have ever spent
retail money on (and I have bought stuff from Harbor Freight!)

Dave Hall

Patrick Conroy

loutent wrote in :

I'll second that POS remark. I have one and use

I consider the Wagner electric sprayers like Foam Brushes - disposable.
I can invariably find them at Big Lots for a fraction of retail. I use them
about once every 5 years to stain the fence and then toss the piece of
crap.

Cyrille de Brébisson

Hello,

I bought a wagner sprayer for painting my basement and I had the hardest
time as I tried to put the primer layer on, the thing was bogging down, and
I was frustrated as hell. I ended up diluting my paint so much that it was
not even funny.....

However, my experience using the sprayer with clearcoat (for a brick wall
that I wanted to clear coat) and with "lower quality paints" (thinner, with
a longer drying time (about 2 hours instead of the 30 minutes of the
standard BEAR paint) were completly different! and I really enjoyed using
the spray painter, it's rapidity and versatility as well as it's capacity to
paint in nooks and crannies...

so, I think that it mainly boils down to what material and paints you are
using with it. I am now carefull about my paint celection (it actually
reduces my paint cost!) and I get good experiences with what I thought
originally was a peice of crap....

how, however, I have never had any sucess with the suction stuff.... anyway
I tried...

regards, cyrille

wrote:

I am referring to the electric paint sprayer like the Wagner .

I have and use a number of less-than-high-quality tools and have a
hard time throwing even the worst piece of crap away. However, I
tossed my Wagner "sprayer" into the garbage can and never looked back.
It was by far the worst piece of crap tool that I have ever spent
retail money on (and I have bought stuff from Harbor Freight!)

Dave Hall

Mark & Juanita

wrote:

I am referring to the electric paint sprayer like the Wagner .

I have and use a number of less-than-high-quality tools and have a
hard time throwing even the worst piece of crap away. However, I
tossed my Wagner "sprayer" into the garbage can and never looked back.
It was by far the worst piece of crap tool that I have ever spent
retail money on (and I have bought stuff from Harbor Freight!)

Dave Hall

Add another vote for the piece of crap selection. However, rather than
pitching mine, I sold it to a guy that my wife worked with who was
convinced that he could make it work and I just didn't know how to set up
and adjust machinery. :-) Of course he claimed it worked really good for
him.

Patriarch

Mark & Juanita wrote in
:

snip

Add another vote for the piece of crap selection. However, rather
than
pitching mine, I sold it to a guy that my wife worked with who was
convinced that he could make it work and I just didn't know how to set
up and adjust machinery. :-) Of course he claimed it worked really
good for him.

That's a gloat on SO MANY levels!

* you got some of your money back, after having been suckered in by the
advertising.

* you sold a defective tool to someone who truly believed it wasn't
defective AFTER FULL DISCLOSURE! Your concience is clear.

* someone showing clear signs of arrogance is now the owner of a
certifiably crummy tool.

Last year we had a garage sale on our street. Well, our stuff was all on
the driveway, but my garage/shop/studio door was open. A guy asks of I
want to sell any tools. I wasn't of a mind to, but he pushed.

He got a Craftsman router, with the well-know ARHA feature, with full
disclosure. I got $20. I hope he's as happy as I am. The router was a
donation from a friend, when I started my tool gathering. I tried to give
him the $20, but he just laughed!

Patriarch
Dave Hinz

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:44:52 -0400, loutent wrote:
In article , Dave Hinz
wrote:

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:53:14 -0400, Tom Mercer wrote:
I am referring to the electric paint sprayer like the Wagner .

What about it? Want one? Drippy, cloggy POS.

I'll second that POS remark. I have one and use
it for only one purpose every 2 years: spraying
lattice that surrounds our deck.

I won't even sell the POS that I have, because I don't want someone
coming back and complaining that it's useless on a good day. Did I
mention the paint spitting tendancies? Good finish, good finish, good
finish, big loogie of paint, drip drip sputter, good finish. Bah.

Dave Hinz

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 00:50:08 -0500, Patriarch wrote:

He got a Craftsman router, with the well-know ARHA feature, with full
disclosure. I got $20. I hope he's as happy as I am.

ARHA feature? Google doesn't provide a meaning here.

Joe User

Dave Hinz wrote:

ARHA feature?

Automatic Random Height Adjustment - when the collet that's supposed to
hold the bit doesn't.

I broke a 1/4" carbide bit due to this, as well as goofing a few cuts
with other bits.

-j