Robatoy

In article ,
"Tom Mercer" wrote:

I am referring to the electric paint sprayer like the Wagner .

Absolute crap. But I repeat a reply I posted to your previous query.

Airless sprayers atomize the paint by the enormous pressure that the
paint is under at the exiting nozzle. The game starts at $1000.00
The vibrating diaphragm Wagner crap is crap in it's purest form.
----------------

HVLP or regular sprayers atomize the paint by blowing the paint feed
apart with air.

The systems are not interchangeable.

The HVLP/regular sprayers can be used for basically the same jobs.
------------------
Airless, however, is best suited for serious through-put of heavier
materials. I just painted my daughter's sitting room. The room's ceiling
is acoustic tile, and the walls are T&G panels. I covered the carpet
with plastic. taped the windows and baseboards, and painted the room
with 2 gallons of paint in 30 minutes. That's where the airless system
shines. Mine is a Titan system and it has paid for itself many times
over in the last 5 years. I ended up with it after a large renovation
job where it was the only way to paint the overhead exposed structural
steel. With an extension wand, it was actually a lot of fun.
Airless systems are often rated in HP (mine is a 3/4 HP at 3000 PSI)
Some are rated in Gallons per minute, which should tell you something.
Great for the outside of houses, barns etc. Great for irregular surfaces
like block and brick.

HVLP is for finer finishes. Conversion guns are as good as any. No need
for all that dedicated turbine stuff although a friend does very nice
work with his Fuji. If you're planning on using waterborne finishes,
make sure that stainless components are used. Quality costs money.

YMMV